I Did It All So Maybe I'd Live This Every Day

It Ain't The Mark Or The Scar That Makes You One

Gerard’s POV

“I told you once Gerard that my life isn’t what it seems and that I have had to pay an enormous price for it and I didn’t want it. I also said that if you knew exactly what I was then you wouldn’t want to know me though you seemed to think differently. You thought it’d be cool if I was a vampire or something, funny how right you were,” Aiden grinned, the excruciating pain I had been feeling for the past few hours was finally subsiding. The many things in my head seemed to click together and suddenly everything made sense. I spat the piece of metal that was stopping me from biting my lip out of my mouth

“Holy fucking shit,” I exclaimed and sat up.

This all makes so much sense now, well most of it anyway.

“Guess you’re feeling better,” Aiden observed and then pulled out a chair and sat down, while I still sat on the table. I was feeling much better though it felt like my throat was burning,

“Mostly yeah” I replied then she looked at me understandably.

“You’re thirsty” she nodded at that point all I could think about was blood. Its redness, its metallic smell, the feel of it in my hands, I wanted it so much. Gabriel came through the door it was like he teleported or something it was so fast.

“I’ve got something for you outside Gerard” he said licking his lips and looking hungry, he looked how I felt.

“Come on Gerard” Aiden said as she walked at a normal pace outside. When we got there, there was a giant bear lying dying on the driveway.

“Bon appetite” Aiden said perfectly it was like she was French. I looked down at the bear for a second; I didn’t even need to ask. I walked over and kneeled next to it, I was feeling subconscious at first but when I was next to it the smell of it’s blood filled my lungs and I quickly bit into it and started drinking all it’s blood, and it was so good.

When I had finished the front of me was drenched in blood, actually I was already drenched in blood, my own to be correct. As I looked down at myself I remembered what had happened before I woke up in pain. She fucking saved me again! Though I have to say this is better than the first time she saved me, well the way she saved me. I’m a vampire now I can do all the things I’ve dreamed of if I was a vampire, I wonder how I can turn into a bat?

“Gerard have you finished? We need to talk” Aiden said standing in front of me looking as beautiful as ever, I can’t believe I hadn’t seen her since the last time I tried to commit suicide.

“Yeah” I said as I wiped my mouth of the blood, you know now that I smell myself I smell really good I wonder how Aiden and Gabriel handle it?
I followed Aiden back into the house and into the lounge that was so clean and orderly and like it hadn’t really been lived in.

“Actually before we talk I think you should have a shower and get cleaned up” she turned around and wriggled her nose a little she could smell me. She disappeared for a second and then came back with a towel and a spare set of my clothes,

“You’ve got to teach me how to do that” I said, it would be so handy.

“I will in time” she smiled slightly but not quite properly. She directed me to the shower in what was her bedroom but I think to call a bedroom a bedroom it actually has to have a bed in it. I took a shower and changed into my clean clothes.

Aiden was sitting waiting for me as I got out of the bathroom

“Give me your clothes,” she said with her hand out, I gave them to her she sniffed them and then looked at me.

“How much do you think these clothes?” she asked me raising her eyebrows,

“Well they’re my favourite” I replied remembering picking them out carefully.

“Would you really miss them if I burnt them?” she asked me, burnt them?

“Why do you have to burn them?” I asked shocked,

“Because we’re never going to get the smell of your blood out of them,” she replied, this kind of made sense if I had to smell myself any longer I probably would go mad. I’m sure I can find more clothes like that anyway,

“Burn them,” I told her as I took one last look at them as she disappeared. I walked around her room looking at the bookshelf, many of the book looked really old. She had many pictures hanging on her walls, some looked like antiques other looked newer but still old. I walked out of her room and down the hallway, as Aiden hadn’t come back yet. I was walking down the hall when I saw another room. As I walked in I noticed this room didn’t have a bed either, do vampires sleep? In every movie they do, many of them sleep in coffins though I don’t see any of them around here. Then again in all these movies they went around biting the humans and couldn’t stand sunlight. I looked over the walls and was surprised to be met with photos of Gabriel, Aiden, Gwendolyn and what looked like their parents, but were they really their parents? Then I looked over the rest of the pictures, they were about five graduating pictures both with Gabriel and Aiden in them, they looked exactly like they do now, do vampires age? How old are Aiden and Gabriel?

I heard someone come up the stairs and then stand completely still behind me, I sniffed the air and then smiled

“Hello Aiden” I greeted her, her sent I guess you would call it was filling the room.

“Gerard it’s time we talked” she said very formally, you know if we were a couple this would be the time where she would break up with me, that’s what it reminded me of anyway.

“Okay” I turned around and followed her out of the room and downstairs to the lounge again. I sat on the couch as she sat on the coffee table in front of me. Gabriel joined us not a second later,

“Well Gerard you must have some questions” she looked at me cautiously.

“Yeah actually I do” I said truthfully I was hoping that this is the time when they get answered too.

“Well…” Aiden replied signalling me to start asking. I wanted to ask so many questions and I couldn’t figure out which was the most important so I just asked them randomly.

“How old are you both?” I asked looking from Aiden in front of me to Gabriel next to me.

“Um, well I’m 195 and Gabriel is 158” she answered I swear if I was sitting on a chair I would’ve fallen off it.

“You’re how old?” I asked again astounded, I thought at the most they would be 50 or something, I mean Aiden’s nearly 200 years old that’s really old, she must have been born in like the 1800 and Gabriel is really old too, I wonder what Mikey would think if he knew. They let me sit there for a while taking it in, wholly crap what else could and couldn’t I do?

“What can and can’t I do as a vampire? Because the movies have lied to me already” I asked movies know nothing stupid stories. Aiden and Gabriel both laughed, Gabriel put a hand on my shoulder it wasn’t cold like normal it was the same temperature as me. Ah I see I was also as cold as stone, no pun intended.

“Where do I start?” Aiden said looking at Gabriel,

“Well for one we don’t sleep, eat or drink except blood of course. We can eat and drink if we want but it would be like eating ash it tastes and feels horrible. We can also move at extraordinary speed as you would have noticed and all of our senses are heightened to an unimaginable level as well as our strength, as you would remember from when we intervened the fight between you and your father.” She started to explain, the things she said were starting to match up with my memories, and I hadn’t imagined any of it.

“As for what you can’t do… you can’t turn into a bat or fly or anything ridicules like that, you will not burst into flames when you are out in the sun, you don’t sleep in a coffin since we don’t sleep, um… oh this is our rule for living with us if you do want to, you cannot feed off humans.” She finished. If I was staying? Of course I was there was no way I was leaving them especially not like this and I don’t think I’ll have a problem with humans I haven’t even wanted to attack any.

“Oh I wanted to be a bat” I said pouting, I was so happy now, now that I had just practically left my life behind with all it’s troubles and was now here with Aiden.

“Gerard we are serious about the human thing,” Aiden said sternly almost if I was taking everything as a joke.

“I know, anyway I haven’t had a craving for human blood yet don’t worry about it,” I said calmly.

“Gerard you haven’t had the craving for human blood because there are no humans around for miles, you can’t even smell them here. It’s always going to be a problem I still have the problem sometimes, it was especially hard around you when you were continuously cutting yourself and I haven’t touched a drop of human blood in nearly 130 years.” As she explained reality seemed to come and slap me across my face.

“How long?” I asked I needed to know how long I would be restricted to only their company,

“Well it took me 5 years around no people and then I had to try living closer to the humans to see if I would be tempted, after a few mistakes I was able to control myself. Seeing that you haven’t and will never touch a drop of human blood it should only take a few years and then we will move closer. Gwendolyn was just like you and she has never killed a human in her 120 years of being one of us.” A few years wasn’t that long was it? I could handle it especially if Aiden was around, I’m sure I could.

“Okay, so can I stay with you guys?” I asked unsure by Aiden’s earlier comment,

“Of course you can Gerard” Gabriel patted me on the back I let out a sigh of relief.
♠ ♠ ♠
Start of the sequel, hope you all like it