I Did It All So Maybe I'd Live This Every Day

I'll Meet Your Eyes

Frank’s POV

I woke up in themorning afternoon like usual these holidays. I walked into the lounge surprised to see both Gabriel and Aiden sitting on the couch talking to each other though I couldn’t hear them.
“Morning” I smiled at them both and they both smiled back at me. I can’t believe Aiden smiled, it was like it was natural to her.
“Good morning Frank” she replied and got up out of her seat. I only noticed then that I was only wearing my boxer shorts and was then highly embarrassed. I grabbed my shirt from the back of the couch and put it on as fast as I could.
“How are you these days Frank?” Aiden asked me as I was making my way to the kitchen.
“I’m fine and you?” I asked her as the last time I had heard she was in a state of depression and didn’t want people’s company.
“I’m great,” she said happily, maybe she was on medication or something.
“Gabriel you should go and wake Mikey” I heard Aiden tell Gabriel.

Aiden walked into the kitchen as I was making coffee.
“Having a good holiday?” she asked me another question. This was the most she had ever spoken to me and she was actually interested in my answers.
“Yeah I suppose” I replied, I wanted to know why she was here but I didn’t know how to ask her.
“You didn’t go to your last exam did you?” I asked her trying to get to the subject of why she was here instead of asking her straight out.
“No” her reply was very short and sharp. I heard Mikey come bounding down the stairs and into the kitchen too.
“Aiden” he said a little too happily for just waking up,
“Hey Mikey, nice to see you again” she replied and hugged him before he got the chance to hug her first. That was weird.
“I’m so glad you came back” he beamed at her, I noticed Gabriel had at least given him time to get dressed.
“Me too, though we have things to tell you both” she said seriously now looking at Mikey and me both.

After coffee was made we went and sat in the lounge. Silence had fallen over us all after we sat in the lounge. Both Gabriel and Aiden were looking nervous as they sat next to each other.
“What was it you wanted to tell us?” Mikey asked them, plainly not getting the nervousness they were giving off.
“When we tell you this we need you to promise you won’t run away and you’ll hear us out all the way.” Aiden explained and looked from Mikey to me. I nodded my head while Mikey agreed. Aiden looked at Gabriel and he nodded at her in encouragement.
“I know this will come to a big shock to you, as it did to Gerard too. Gabriel and I are vampires.” As she finished my jaw dropped, Mikey’s eyes shot wide and looked from Aiden and then just stared at Gabriel.
“It’s true we both are” Gabriel added looking at Mikey but not touching him.
“Why didn’t you ever tell me?” Mikey asked shocked and sounding a little hurt.
“Is that all you have to ask?” Gabriel looked at him very confused,
“Well no but that was just the first question that popped into my head” Mikey replied.
“We didn’t ever tell you because we never thought we would have too. And if we didn’t even have to we weren’t going to.” Aiden told Mikey who was still staring at Gabriel.
“Okay next question, Gerard, you mentioned him” Mikey then snapped his head towards Aiden who’s eyes had lightened up and she was smiling again.
“Gerard is now a vampire too but that was out of necessity so don’t even ask.” She said the last bit sternly.
“Gerard’s a vampire?” I finally spoke up,
“Yes” Aiden nodded her head
“Out of necessity?” Mikey tilted his head as if trying to figure out why I was too actually.
“You must not be mad at Gerard for this, you both know he wasn’t that happy and very messed up in the head.” Her face softened as she said this,
“I found Gerard for the second time committing suicide, there was nothing else I could do and I didn’t want him to die so I changed him.” she finished. I can’t believe Gerard committed suicide again and this time he succeeded.
“So he didn’t run away?” Mikey asked another question, explaining everything was going to take a while. I still can’t believe Gabriel and Aiden are vampires, actually I don’t think I do believe that they are.
“No he didn’t run away but that doesn’t mean you can see him. Gerard is far away for yours and everyone else’s safety.” Aiden answered him,
“What? He wouldn’t harm us or anyone else” I said, Gerard would never do that.
“He can’t control his predatory instincts and we don’t want him even tasting human blood” Gabriel replied to my question.
“If he doesn’t drink human blood then what does he drink?” I asked
We all drink animal blood, in a few years time Gerard will be able to ignore his instincts enough to rejoin society but not right now” Aiden answered. I still wasn’t believing that Gabriel and Aiden were vampires and especially not Gerard.

“Right… this isn’t some kind of a joke is it?” Mikey asked after a while of silence.
“No Mikey it isn’t” Gabriel said in a stern and direct voice. There was a bit more silence after this I still didn’t believe it.
“Do you want us to prove it to you?” Aiden asked us sitting on the edge of her seat; I just nodded my head and sat there.
“Right do you need more coffee?” she said as she got up, I thought this was a weird question after she had just offered to prove to me she was a vampire.
“Yeah sure” I replied, I wasn’t about to give up free coffee.
Right before my eyes she disappeared and appeared right back in front of me and filled up my mug and then disappeared again only to sit back in her seat a second later.
“Holy fucking shit” Mikey said wide-eyed once again
“That’s exactly what Gerard said” she laughed, she was even more beautiful when she laughed.
“Can you turn into a bat?” Mikey asked looking excited Aiden rolled her eyes
“No that’s just a myth and we don’t burn in sunlight if you have noticed” she let out a long breath.
“And I’m guessing you don’t sleep in coffins?” I asked trying to imagine them sleeping in coffins, it was really hard.
“No we don’t sleep, eat or drink full stop” Gabriel answered me, that explains a few things.
“You guys have heightened senses too don’t you? And you can talk really fast as well and smell people’s scents too.” Mikey half questioned and half stated,
“Right you are Mikey” Aiden replied standing up again; I was wondering what she was going to do this time.
“Oh and you’re super strong, that’s how you were able to scare away my dad and carry me and Gerard up the stairs.” Mikey beamed at Gabriel,
“Yes and actually Aiden carried you up and Gerard up the stairs while I sorted out your father” Gabriel responded, Mikey looked a bit down but no that much. At that moment a huge question struck me,
“Are you immortal?” I can’t believe I hadn’t asked it before now.
“Yes” Aiden and Gabriel both replied at the same time and then looked at each other worryingly.

There was silence for a minute or so before Mikey spoke up
“How old are you?” Mikey asked Gabriel
“158” Gabriel said very quickly like ripping a bandage off.
“So that’s like nearly 9 times my age. What about you Aiden?” Mikey went on to ask her. He didn’t seem phased by the fact that Gabriel is 158 I know I was.
“195” she said calmly probably waiting for us to both start shouting and screaming.
“Seriously?” Mikey asked looking like he didn’t believe her, it was very hard to believe. How could Aiden be 195? She’s would nearly be 200 and that would mean that she was born in the 1800’s… actually that would mean she was born in 1800.
“Seriously, I haven’t aged a day for the past 185 years” she replied
“I though you said you were 195” I said before thinking
“I did but I was born in 1800 and then bit in 1815 so I’ve only been a vampire for 185 years.” She explained walking closer to me
“Only” I huffed, I don’t think you were allowed to say only in a situation like that.
“Are you really brother and sister?” Mikey then asked probably working out the maths to their ages.
“No, but we practically are. We’ve spent the last 142 years together and it hurts us to be far apart and for long amount at a time.” Gabriel told us, it was still odd to think that I was in a room with two vampires who were about 9 times or more older than I am.

Aiden came and sat next to me on the arm of the chair, she was looking down at me.
“Is there anything else you two want to ask?” she asked me smiling down at me like an angel.
“How’s Gerard?” Mikey asked looking down at his hands in his lap.
“Gerard’s great, though he’s missing you and you Frank. I plan on getting a cell phone for him so you can talk to him.” Aiden told Mikey with the biggest smile on her face, she was glowing.
“Aiden can I ask you a question, a personal one?” I looked up at her, wanting to know if all along she had been depressed because of her grandmother, and if she actually even had one. Also I wanted to know what had happened to her for her to become so happy, if there was no grandmother at all.
“Sure Frank” she said gently,
“Did you have a grandmother? Are you on some kind of meds? And/or why are you so much happier now than before the holidays?” I tried to cover all the basis of my questions.
“I did have a grandmother like everyone, but that was like 200 years ago. No I am not on medication. The reason I would be so happy is because of somebody…” she trailed off and turned her attention to Gabriel and Mikey.

“Aiden and Gerard have fallen in love” Gabriel smiled at hissister, no okay I’m just going to leave it as sister.
“What?” Mikey’s eyes shot wide once again and his head snapped at Aiden,
“You and my brother are in love?” he asked so surprised it wasn’t funny.
“Yes, I realised in our English exam and actually you guys have heard what I said to Gerard about that,” she turned and looked at me expectantly. My mind wondered for a while until I realised what she was talking about.
“Life is full of surprises one day you could be doing something as mundane as an exam and realise something great has been right in front of you all along.” I whispered as I remembered the quote from Gerard’s letter, I had been right all along.
“You lied to me?” Mikey said to Gabriel sounding very hurt,
“I’m sorry Mikey but I had to, we weren’t going to tell you unless it was absolutely necessary” Gabriel reached out to touch Mikey but Mikey drew back.
“Who gets to judge on what’s necessary? Would it be necessary when I one day realise when we’re older that you haven’t aged a day since I meet you? Would it be necessary to tell me when I’m dying from old age? Were you going to let me grow old being in love with someone who was never going to grow old with me? What is necessary Gabriel?” Mikey’s voice rose as he asked Gabriel all these questions, they were very viable questions too.
“Mikey it was my fault, Gabriel wanted to tell you but I’ve never wanted people to know who we are. All the other times it was easier, we kept away from people and didn’t get attached. When Gabriel fell in love with you I still didn’t want him to tell you but this was mainly because I had no idea what he was feeling for you. Now that I know I know how much it means to Gabriel for you too know and that’s why we’re telling you now.” As Aiden explained this all to Mikey he just sat there and listened. They shouldn’t have kept this a secret from Mikey but Aiden’s reasons were fair, they were trying to protect us.
“I guess there’s nothing we can do about it now, right?” Mikey half smiled at her and then turned to face Gabriel.
“You know I love you and would never do anything to hurt you Mikey” Gabriel told Mikey as he caressed his face. I couldn’t watch they were being too couple-like. I looked at Aiden only to remember now that her and Gerard were an item, I was all alone once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
New characters in the next story :D