I Did It All So Maybe I'd Live This Every Day

Like Scarecrows That Fuel This Flame

Gerard’s POV

After Aiden and Gabriel left I went about walking around the house. It was really boring without anyone else here. I wanted to go for a walk/run/whatever you call moving really fast, but Aiden had told me I shouldn’t go encase I smelt a human. I ended up lying on the roof of the house watching the nighttime sky. As I was up there I smelt something weird and strange yet somehow familiar. I got down off the roof to see what it was. I stood in the driveway trying to locate the origins of this peculiar smell.

“Hello” I called out just encase someone was there, just then I heard the trees move and then a beautiful young girl was standing in front of me.
She had perfect waist length curled blond hair, with the most amazing green… wait no blue… eyes? I’m not sure they might have been a mix; they were one or the other. She smelled like raspberry dipped in honey, it was infatuating and seemed to cloud my mind. She dressed as if she was from the 1900’s; she was wearing a long deep red coat. It was buttoned up so I couldn’t see what she was wearing underneath but it looked really warm, not like I needed warmth anymore. Her skin was just as flawless and immaculate as Aiden’s and just as pale too. If she was the first vampire I had seen I would have thought she was an angel but I knew she wasn’t and I had gotten use to being surrounded by beauty and was very use to it.

“A new born” she said as she sniffed at the air around me as she walked in circles. She had a thick English accent, which sounded gorgeous and was very fitting for her.

“Excuse me who are you?” I asked her as she just looked down at me,

“Aren’t we a cocky one?” she raised her eyebrow at me and then looked back towards the forest where she came.

“Are you the only one here?” she asked me sounding nicer than before and getting mighty close to me,

“For now, yes” I nodded my head not knowing if they were a danger to me or not. Aiden had never told me what to do if I ever got visitors when she wasn’t here.

“Mikhail, Sephora you can come now” she called to no one in particular but within a second two other vampires had shown up at her side.

The other girl who I’m guessing was Sephora had short red hair, which just touched her shoulders and dark olive eyes, which shone in the moonlight. Her face was very innocent and she looked young in years, her face hadn’t hardened like the other two. She looked very relaxed her dress sense was very modern, she was wearing simple faded denim jeans and a dark blue t-shirt under a black zip up hoddie. Sephora didn’t look intimidating like the other girl; I guess the height helped with that. She only stood around 5’8 I think while the other girl was around 6’1. Now Mikhail could have fitted in with any time period I think, he looked immortal. Out of the three of them I would have to admit that Mikhail was the most beautiful. He looked a lot like Aiden and a lot like Gabriel. He had the same soft, short, auburn hair as Gabriel, the same empathetic eyes as him though Mikhail had light vibrant blue eyes. He and Aiden shared the same dark look and warning in their eyes, I hadn’t seen this look for a long time from Aiden but I still remember it from the first day I meet her. Mikhail could have been related to them if I didn’t know any better.

“Hello I am Mikhail” he said in a French accent and stepped forward offering his hand.

“Hello Mikhail, I’m Gerard” I replied as formally as he had. He nodded his head at me

“This is Sephora and Laura” he motioned toward the twogirls women.

“Nice to meet you” I bowed my head slightly in acknowledgement.

“So where have the other two gone?” Mikhail asked me his eyes fill of knowledge,

“They’ve gone to sort a few things out, one of them should be back with in a few hours.” I replied hoping deep down that Aiden would be home soon.

“Interesting. So you’ve only been one of us for a few months I notice” Mikhail said as he slowly walked around me looking me up and down just as Laura had.

“Yes that’s right” I replied looking at Sephora as she sat down and looked up at the stars.

“Why did she change you?” he asked stopping right behind me,

“I was dying” I replied not wanting to go into detail.

“Did she give any other reason than the fact that you were dying?” he asked me, it was then that I noticed he was saying ‘she’ rather than ‘they’ or ‘him’.

“I know the reason she did, that’s all that matters” I replied turning to look at him. There was something odd about him I just couldn’t place my finger on it.

“You smell weak” Laura piped in as she took a step closer towards me,

“He doesn’t feed off of humans” Mikhail replied without giving me time to.

“What? No humans that can’t work” Laura said sounding really confused,

“You can do that?” Sephora spoke up; she had an American accent as well, she must have been very young then.

“There are many vampires who choose this diet though you aren’t as strong as you could be if you feed off humans.” Mikhail told Sephora with a disregarding look in his eyes.

“There’s nothing wrong with it” I replied to their disagreement. I felt stuck in the middle here and I was, they had surrounded me and were analysing my every particle.

“You smell weird” Laura scrunched her noise up at me and shook her head.

“He still smells like human,” Mikhail noted to himself as he came back and stood in front of me again.

“I suppose she’s taught you all you need to know about being a vampire” he looked at me expectantly,

“Of course” I nodded my head in agreement

“I wouldn’t have expected anything less of her” he nodded his head as well and then started walking towards the house. I didn’t want to tell him he couldn’t go in there because he looked much stronger and older than even Aiden.

As we were walking towards the house Sephora came up next to me.

“How old is she?” she asked talking about Aiden I think but I wasn’t sure.

“Who?” I asked, Sephora seemed very calm and carefree.

“Your master, is she nice?” she asked. Master? I thought, I guess she was use to living in a pack situation and I bet she was at the bottom of the pack.

“She’s nearly 200 and yes she’s really nice” I replied smiling to myself and wishing she were here.

“Mikhail’s 271” she said as she walked past me and into the lounge. I didn’t see where the other two went but if I wanted I could find out but at this moment I didn’t really care.

“How old are you?” I asked her as I sat on the couch and watched as she ran her fingers over the piano keys.

“Um… what year is it?” she asked me, I thought this was really odd but I guess Mikhail didn’t let her stop and pick up a newspaper to see what year it was. Actually that reminded me of Aiden and when she didn’t know that 50 years had gone past after she was turned. That was when she was travelling with that other vampire… I can’t quiet remember his name.

“It’s 1995” I answered, she stood there calculating for a while before answering,

“I’m 90” she responded with a quick nod of her head and a smile stretched across her face.

“How old is the other girl?” I asked her wondering if she would know,

“I’m 170” a voice behind me answered, I turned to see Laura in the door and Mikhail still nowhere in sight.

“So this girl of yours, when will she be back?” Laura asked me with a dark look in her eyes.

“Why do you want to know?” I questioned her not trusting her intentions,

“It’s just she and Mikhail go a long way back” she replied with a sly yet dangerous look on her face.

“Mikhail” I stood up and said in realisation. I then followed his trail up the stairs and into Aiden’s bedroom where I found him standing in the middle of the room.

“You are the one who brought Aiden up,” I said to him finally realising why he felt so familiar to me.

“Yes I am” he nodded and turned to me with a sad look upon his face. His face had softened and he looked almost human again.

“You left her?” I said confused remembering the story Aiden had told me. Three years after Mikhail had turned Gabriel for Aiden he had left them with out any notice.

“Yes I had too” he said sadly and then disappeared from in front of me. I followed him downstairs and to the garage.

“What? Why?” I wanted to understand for Aiden, she never got to ask these questions and she probably won’t if she got the chance, she is of the mind of ‘What’s done is done and nothing can change that’.

“I fell in love with her and I became too attached, it wasn’t safe anymore. She still had Gabriel her long lost grandnephew that she loved with more of a heart than she had. I would envy and despise the vampire who ever gets her heart and I’d kill the human who she would ever be stupid enough to give it to.” He said with anger dripping off his last words. I wanted to cower into a corner right then and there but then I heard the most beautiful sound in the world, it was the sound of a high-powered sports car.