I Did It All So Maybe I'd Live This Every Day

Take To The Highway

Aiden’s POV

It took about a day for Mikhail to figure out that his right hand woman was gone, she must be very special to him (Note: sarcasium).

“Where’s Laura?” he came up to me out of the blue and asked, he looked suspicious.

“She gone off to try and kill Gabriel” I replied rather calmly, she wasn’t going to find them so there was no need to worry.

“What!?” he looked surprised, it was weird. He never looked like he was feeling anything except angry from time to time.

“Yes she has a grudge against me and wants to make me pay” I replied once again calmly.

“This is not good Aiden, even if he isn’t there or even in the country she will find him no matter where he is, she will find him and kill him” Mikhail replied with his stone face again but with a grave tone.

“No she won’t” I said, finality lacing my words.

“No matter how confident you are in where you have sent him, she will find him.” he reiterated once again making me worry.

“How good is she?” I looked up into his black eyes, I could still see the hint of blue from his natural colour.

“The best I’ve ever met. If this is something she really wants she will not stop until she’s got it.” He stepped closer to me so that we were nearly touching I took a step back.

“I’ve got to find him then” I said to myself and then started to think about it. There was no way I could go. Gerard and Sephora couldn’t come with me. I couldn’t leave them alone either especially not Gerard or else Laura would just come back for him and I don’t really want to lose either one.

“I will go after her but I doubt I’ll be able to stop her and I don’t really want to have to kill her, she’s a great asset.” Mikhail sounded like a businessman.

“What about if I end up having to kill her?” I asked him, I didn’t really want Mikhail after me though I don’t think he would ever do that.

“Than you have to kill her” he shrugged his shoulders and didn’t look like he cared.

“Okay, thank you Mikhail” I nodded my head towards him in appreciation. He came up to me and kissed my forehead, I let him since he was doing this for me.

“I know how much he means to you, I won’t let her get him I promise.” He said before disappearing off to find her.

I became very frustrated after that. I wanted to go after Gabriel and warn him but I couldn’t leave. I didn’t want Gerard preying on humans and I didn’t want to leave him to be prey. He could tell I was frustrated to, for once in my life I couldn’t stay in one place. I was always trying to figure out how I could do this. I need Tristian, Elizabeth or even Gwendolyn but they were all on holiday. Tristian and Elizabeth were supposed to be back a week ago but I haven’t heard anything from them, then again that is kind of hard.
Just when all was failing they did come home, finally. It was like my wish had come true. When I saw their car pull up I instantly grabbed the cell phone and went to get signal. I booked myself a flight to France, I didn’t know if Gabriel would be there yet or if he was in England but I knew he was in either of the two paces. When I got back to the house Gerard was talking with Elizabeth and Tristian and so was Sephora.

“Tristian, Elizabeth nice to see you’re home” I greeted them and then hugged them both. I hadn’t ever hugged them in my life so they were a bit surprised when I did.

“Nice to see you too Aiden” Elizabeth grinned at me,

“I see we have a new addition to the family” Tristian smiled at Sephora.

“Yes we do, Tristian I need a word with you quickly” I told him and then waited for him to follow me. What I wanted to tell him wasn’t top secret or anything so I just went up to the study. I filled him in on everything important that had happened while they were away, he was surprised so much had happened.

“So I need to go after Gabriel and warn him and bring him back here to safety,” I explained to him. He nodded his head

“You would like Elizabeth and I to keep an eye over Gerard and Sephora?” he raised an eyebrow.

“I don’t want Laura coming back and getting Gerard since he will be an easy victim when I’m gone,” I clarified; they both didn’t really need babysitting just protecting. I was sure that Gerard knew the safe spots in the forest and Sephora had enough self-control to not smell a human and go after them.

“Okay, just be safe alright?” Tristian looked at me seriously. He has always tried to look out for me like a father figure though I always made that hard for him being stronger and older than he is.

“I will be and you look after everyone” I replied and then hugged him again. After this I went and packed a small bag of this that I might need when over there, I’ll probably leave it there if things get bad but that’s okay.

While I was packing Gerard came into the room.

“I thought you would be leaving when they came back” he smiled at me while I zipped up my bag.

“I’m sorry I have to” I slowly walked towards him standing in my door.

“It’s okay I understand, if I could I would” he opened his arms out to me and I walked into them.

“I want you to promise me a few things while you’re over there” he said I nodded.

“Be safe, don’t let her get Gabriel or Mikey or Frank and come back soon,” he requested, such silly requests but easy also.

“I promise” is all I said and then stood back from him just staring into his eyes.

“I love you,” I told him which made his smile grow,

“I love you too” he replied and then kissed me.

“Now go,” he said once we broke away, I quickly gave him one last kiss and then went to my car, started it up and drove away.

Getting to the airport toke awhile but the wait at the airport was excruciatingly long and so was the flight. Now the flight itself was something to be desired. Being that close to all those humans, they had nowhere to go and it was so closed off. All you could smell around you was human it was driving me insane. I have been clean for a long time but being that close to them all was had to keep my self-control. There were a few stopovers but they didn’t help. When I finally got to France it was such a relief. The first thing I did was get a car and drive to the nearest wild life area where I could feed. After I had hunted I noticed a familiar scent around, it was like raspberries dipped in honey. I though for a second and then instantly knew who it was, Laura had followed me here she was smart and I had made a mistake. If I hadn’t had detected her then I would have lead her straight for him though by then he would have been with me, which wasn’t a problem because she wouldn’t have been able to get past me. The problem now was that fact that Gabriel had both Mikey and Frank with him.

I decided I would do some research while I was in France, just as long as I kept her here and away from Gabriel for now it would be fine. I was just waiting for the opportune moment to disappear off her radar and go to England where he was since I hadn’t detected him anywhere around here. I drove to the old village in which I was brought up, the village had been mostly abandoned, some of the older people still lived in the area but the village had moved a few miles inland. I found out that the people thought the village was cursed since so many of its young fine residents had gone missing in the early 1800s. I would have been one of them and so would Gabriel even though he was turned in the early 1850’s. I went to the graveyard and looked up my old family they were all there. My mother, father and brother all had gravestones and were all lying dead under them rotting away. As I walked around the family lot I noticed the last name change. It changed from Winter to Jacobs. My brother had married and had three children. His oldest daughter had then married a man by the name of Michael Jacobs and had two sons. The youngest died when he was an infant and the oldest died when he was only 16 in 1853. This boy’s name was Gabriel Jacobs and he was my Gabriel, my grandnephew. My brother’s eldest daughter’s son. I was filled with a weird feeling just then one of which I cannot explain.

After I found out that I was actually related to Gabriel I went back to Paris. I wondered around the city looking like I was actually searching for something. There was a new exhibition in the Louvre so there was a lot of people around, I made sure that I had walked around the museum first so my scent was all over it. I had also been in and out of the museum several times; I already had my flight booked to England. I was standing in front of the famous Mona Lisa in a huge crowd. When they all left I did too and then I quickly and unnoticeably move quickly to the exit. I had already seen her today so I knew what she was wearing. I had a car waiting by the exit I had chosen so I got into it and drove off as quickly as possible to the airport. I didn’t have to wait around for my plane as I had said that I wasn’t going to be there until lift off and then bribed them to let me do so, people were easily manipulated. There was no sign of her in the airport and I didn’t see her when I took off. I got into London’s Heathrow airport later than expected but that was okay since there was no one waiting. I didn’t go straight to where I knew Gabriel would be just encase Laura some how tracked me here. I left it one day before I went after Gabriel and in that day I circled the whole of London and ways between London.