I Did It All So Maybe I'd Live This Every Day

But This Time We’ll Show Them

Aiden’s POV

Once I was sure that Laura was in fact not in England I went to find Gabriel. He was easily found as he had gone straight to the house that we had built when we had lived there. When I arrived I couldn’t believe how beautiful the house really was. I have a photographic memory but my memory could never do this house justice. This is the house I would love to spend my life with Gerard, if I had one that is. To be able to grow old with someone in a place you loved is my dream now. Before I had met Gerard and realised what I felt for him I would never have even though about having a life, a human life. Though now the more time I seem to spend with Gerard the more human I’m becoming, he’s bringing out the softer side of me, the human side. It was unbelievable to think that someone could do that to me. If someone had told me 6 months ago that I would fall in love and dream of having a family with that person I would probably have scared the living or dead daylights out of them for saying such a thing. I use to see depending on someone as a weakness but now I’m not totally sure. I don’t depend on Gerard for that much really though I know he depends on me but that’s only because I’ve made him depend on me in his situation. There’s good and bad sides to caring for someone as much though I knew this from caring about Gabriel and look where that has gotten me.

Gabriel didn’t look like he was home when I got to the house. His scent as well as Frank’s and Mikey’s were everywhere but they weren’t anywhere in sight and neither was a vehicle. I would have to wait until they came back because there was no way I could track a car. I went to hunt for a while instead. I came back a few hours later, actually more like five, which would have been around midnight. Gabriel was waiting for me, it’s not like he had anything else to do and Frank and Mikey were asleep already.

“Aiden” he smiled and came up to me and hugged me. There was nothing different about the hug though I had a feeling their maybe should have been, I don’t know.

“Gabriel, how are you?” I asked him, as I stood back from him in the unlit lounge.

“I’m well and yourself?” he responded like this was any normal visit.

“I’m fine” I nodded my head as worries plagued my mind.

“Something’s gone wrong” he stated not asking as there would be no reason for me to be here if something hadn’t.

“Yes. Laura is coming after you. Mikhail say’s she the best tracker he’s ever meet so I thought I’d come and warn you and bring you home. She followed me around France but I was able to leave her there and come here.” I explained, he looked like he was calculating something as we were standing there for a second.

“We have to send Mikey and Frank back home” Gabriel’s face looked as hard as stone, there was no softness about it anymore. He looked more like a man than he ever had before.

“I’ll book the flights, tonight or tomorrow?” I asked not even bothering to argue with him there was no use in it since I knew he had his mind up. It was his choice on what he wanted to do about Frank and Mikey anyway.

“Book tonight for tomorrow morning” his eyes were fixed on the stairs to upstairs, as I listened I could hear their snoring and deep breaths.

“They’ll be fine Gabriel as long as she doesn’t know they are with us, they’ll be fine.” I replied walking towards him and placing a hand on his shoulder.

“Yes they’ll be fine,” he reassured himself. It was probably breaking him to think of sending Mikey away but we had to, to protect them. There was no way that we could travel back home with the both of them with us and her on our trail.

“I’ll go and book the flights then” I replied as I flew out the door and went to the nearest place with signal. Cell phones were very handy though a little inconvenient with the places of signal and I must admit they were a little big.

I booked them both flights back to New York at 8 in the morning, at the same time I booked us flights back to France only a hour later. It didn’t take much time at all so when I got back everyone was still sleeping. Gabriel had gone to lie with Mikey, I went up to my old room that Frank was sleeping in. I didn’t have anything to do so I just sat in my room and watched as Frank slept. Gerard never slept peacefully like this when he was human. He was always tossing and turning and moaning and groaning in his sleep. Frank was peacefully lying on his side with his arms wrapped around the blankets and slightly curled up into a ball. He looked so natural and happy, he didn’t normally look like this I noted. I got lost in thoughts of being human and tried to remember times when I was, it was a little hard since they were so long ago. I didn’t realise how long I had been in my own thoughts, I must have thought about so many things as my mind runs at 100 thoughts per microsecond. Frank was slowly waking up so I left the room, he would probably find it weird that I was sitting there watching him.

I went downstairs and noticed it was still pretty early but we had to be at the airport a few hours before hand. I went to check on Gabriel and Mikey. Gabriel was lying holding Mikey to his chest with his eyes closed.

“I’m going to pack their stuff,” I whispered at a nearly inaudible volume, he nodded his head. In the next two minutes I had both of their bags packed except for a change of clothes and had them in the car. I then drove fifteen minutes to the nearest town and got them both coffee and breakfast. I had no idea what to get them but the lady over the counter helped me with that she was nice. When I got back they were both awake and grudgingly getting dressed due to Gabriel’s instructions.

“Aiden?” Frank looked at me shocked, I guess Gabriel hadn’t told them much.

“Yes it’s me and here’s breakfast” I handed him his coffee and a muffin.

“Thanks just what I needed” he replied he wasn’t looking at me shocked anymore but more sceptically. I went upstairs and found Gabriel and Mikey. I gave Mikey his breakfast and then spoke to Gabriel.

“You haven’t told them anything?” I questioned using my vampire abilities so Mikey wouldn’t hear anything.

“No” he replied with finality lacing his words.

“We have to” I responded taking on my strong determined and emotionless persona.

“No we don’t” he replied standing up to meet my stance.

“I know you’re scared for them but we have to tell them, they have to know why we’re sending them back on their own.” I replied locking my eyes onto his.

“I am not scared, we don’t need to tell them anything more than to go home,” he slightly growled at me.

“Gabriel listen to me, don’t make this harder on yourself than it has to be. Let Mikey and Frank know why they are being sent away, they have to look after themselves.” I said my voice still calm and even.

“I’m not making it hard you are. What ever they know will put them at risk, we’re just sending them home they’ll be fine.” He responded about to walk away from me, but I caught his arm.

“Gabriel Jacobs you listen to me. We are going to tell them that there is a vampire after you and that we have to send them home to make them safe and that we will be home soon, okay?” I was holding his shoulder and staring him right in the eyes. I wasn’t ‘telling’ him what to do in the sense that I could, I was just explaining what we were going to do.

“We will be home,” he repeated to himself,

“Yes and they’ll be there, they’ll be fine” I reassured him. His face softened and he sighed.

“Sorry Aiden. I’m just… worried I guess” he apologised

“It’s okay Gabriel you’re allowed to be worried, I mean look who it is” I replied and we looked towards Mikey who was just walking past.

“I’d do anything for him” he said more to himself than me,

“I know you would Gabriel and that’s why we have to tell them, they would want you safe.” I replied and then released his shoulders.

“Right I guess we should tell them then” Gabriel nodded his head and then looked at me for reassurance, I nodded my head as well.

Telling Mikey and Frank was pretty easy, though they did want to help and be like bait to lead Laura astray. Gabriel got pretty mad at this and I had to calm him down from losing his temper. In the end Mikey and Frank said they’d go quietly, it’s not like they had any choice their flights were already booked. We all went to the airport and returned our cars and sat in the airport waiting around. I did a sweep of the airport just to make sure Laura hadn’t followed me here, she hadn’t. I had only been in England for less than a day and I was already leaving. We gave Mikey and Frank money to get them home from the airport and then sent them off on their plane. Gabriel and I spent our waiting time and time on the plane planning what we were going to do about Laura. We came to the conclusion that we were going to have to kill her; I was okay with that, as I had killed vampires before. When Gabriel and I were left on our own we came across a few vampires who didn’t agree with us that much so I had to sort them out.

When we got to France Laura was actually still there. We had to search Paris but we managed to find her and make her follow us. After this we lead her around Paris trying to get her in the right position to corner her and dispose of her. When we thought we had her in the right place, she just disappeared…