I Did It All So Maybe I'd Live This Every Day

In This Pool Of Blood

Mikey’s POV

Gabriel and Aiden had stuck us on a plane back home. They said there was some crazy vampire chick after Gabriel because she loved this other vampire that loved Aiden. At first I was confused but now I just think it’s pathetic. I don’t know why this other vampire would want to kill Gabriel because the man she is in love with is in love with Aiden. Anyway we were on our way back to Newark. We hardly had anytime in England it wasn’t really much of a holiday. It was just like going to Gabriel and Aiden’s house in the forest where we lived. Except that we had to take a long plane flight to get there. Frank and I slept and drank a lot of coffee once we woke up and watched a few movies. We talked a lot too; we hadn’t really had time for just the two of us to talk in a while.

We got there fine and then took a taxi back to our house; I mean my house. The house was dead and I didn’t like it. It felt like it should be haunted though it wasn’t, or I think it wasn’t… anyway so the house was dead and so was Gabriel’s next door, it wasn’t right. Frank and I made dinner and then sat in front of TV and ate it; it was all real fun!

When a day had passed I started to worry. I wish there was a way to get hold of them, to get hold of anyone. No one had gotten a hold of us either to tell us they were okay, or not so okay though in that circumstance they wouldn’t be able to, which is what worried me and now I’m rambling…
Lying in bed just talking to myself wasn’t helping anything either. I pulled myself out of bed and then walked down the stairs. Frank was still sleeping in Gerard’s room; he liked it better than the spare room. He didn’t like that much he use to always just sleep on the couch anyway. While I was making coffee there was a knock on the door. I dragged my feet towards the door; it must be some sales person at this hour of the day. I mean who else would knock at someone’s door at 7 in the morning? I opened it and there was an amazingly beautiful woman standing there. She had curly long blond hair and piercing green eyes, they reminded me of Frank’s but hers were dangerous and had a hint of blue through them. Her skin was just as flawless as Gabriel’s but it seemed paler. These were some things that alerted me to who she really was and the fact that she was dressed in the stereotypical vampire attire. I mean a long deep red coat with a slight collar and black pants with knee high black boots, very stereotypical.

Although in my head I was laughing at her stereotypically attire I was also scared shitless. This was the vampire who wanted to kill Gabriel and she was just standing there smiling at me.

“Hello” her voice was calm and soothing

“Good morning” I replied my voice breaking just a little. I tired to swallow the lump in my throat but it wouldn’t budge.

“You wouldn’t know where your neighbours have gone have you?” she asked being polite and friendly. I shook my head over dramatically as I couldn’t speak anymore. Hopefully she’d just think it was because she was stunning me with her beauty.

“Come now, don’t lie to me” she took a step forward. Okay so she knew her beauty didn’t stun me. I shook my head once more and brought the door closer to the frame.

“That’s not very nice of you” she brought her eyebrows closer together.

“Why don’t you let me in?” her voice hovered in the air around me.

“No. Y-you c-can’t come in” I stuttered out hoping that the stories about vampires not being allowed into your house without your permission was true.

“That’s a shame, you know I was going after that friend of yours but he seems to be with his sister now. I wonder how much they care about you?” her voice turned malicious and she started to advance on me.

I slammed the door shut and flew up the stairs towards Gerard’s room where Frank was.

“Frank get up now,” I shook him - hard. I kept shaking until he woke up, I had no idea where the vampire had gone but I was terrified that she’d turn up next to me.

“Mikey what the hell?” he looked at me tiredly

“Vampire. Kill. Us.” I kept shaking him, his eyes went wide and he jumped out of bed pulling on his pants but not a shirt.

“Let’s go” he grabbed my arm and started pulling my out the door and downstairs.

“Stop, she’s down there somewhere,” I whispered not even thinking that there was no point.

“Come on boys, I don’t have all day.” Her voice travelled from the lounge where I’m assuming she was.

“Let’s just stay here,” Frank whispered as quietly as he could into my ear.

“I will come and get you if I have to, don’t make this harder on yourselves.” Her voice got closer but I still couldn’t see her. I shook my head and started taking quiet steps backwards; Frank did the same.

“I was hoping we could talk before I start with anything” she appeared right beside me with a killer smile on her lips and black eyes. I swallowed the vomit that had appeared in my mouth and then just nodded. She made us walk into the lounge and then sit on the couch. Frank and I sat there like statues. We were both looking around the room for anyway out of this, or at least I was I was hoping Frank was as well.

“Now boys how do you know this little girl Aiden?” she sat in the armchair and looked upon us both. Neither Frank nor I talked, she sighed

“You’re going to have to talk sometime or I will make you,” she growled the last part and a shiver ran down my spine.

“Now I ask again how well do you know Aiden?” her voice was hard and sharp. Again neither Frank nor I spoke and again she sighed. In one fluid motion she was in front of me and had slapped me hard across the face. I ended up lying on the floor with blood flowing out of my mouth and down my cheek. Damn vampires.

“Now talk.” She growled at Frank since I was slightly incapable of talking.

“Not that well” Frank managed out in a loud whisper. The vampire didn’t look very happy at this answer.

“What about her brother, do you know him well?” she asked Frank again, I’m glad she wasn’t asking me these questions.

“No I don’t” Frank answered again, truthfully he didn’t really know either of them that well.

“Useless” she growled and then slapped Frank just as hard and he too landed on the ground clutching his cheek.

“You two are going to have to tell me something I want to know. I know that you two know them more than you are telling me.” she took a few steps around the room. I crawled over to Frank to make sure he was okay

“You okay?” I asked and then spat a bit of blood onto the carpet. He nodded his head

“You” she pointed at me and she was in front of me and had grabbed my shirt collar and dragged me to my feet.

“You, you smell like that newborn” she sniffed my shirt a little,

“You both do” she put me down and then grabbed Frank.

“You know him, you know them all. You’re a little liar of a human, a pitiful little human.” She seethed at Frank holding him off his feet.

“Do you know what I think about that?” she asked and then threw him across the room where he hit the wall hard and slid down it. I didn’t even see it when she went to his side and picked him up again.

“Are you going to tell me now?” she asked him, her voice was the most dangerous terrifying treacherous voice I had ever heard. Frank shook his head, I don’t know if I could have done that if I was in his situation.

“Fine then I have no use for you anymore except one” I could hear the smirk in her voice as her head bent towards his neck.

I ran as quick as my legs could and then launched myself onto her back. I have no idea if she had bitten him or not but she dropped him and then threw me off her back.

“I forgot about you,” she snarled barring her teeth and then crouch down in an attack position. I’ve seen many animals do this before they attack their prey but for a human to be doing this it was funny, or it would have been if it wasn’t so life threatening. I had closed my eyes and prepared myself for the worst.

Bang!

The noise was so loud I thought it was a gun going off. Then when I opened my eyes I noticed that the front door was on the other side of the room, instead of on its hinges. I also noticed there was a blur of three figures in my lounge. When I say blur I mean it, there was three I was certain of that. They were leaping all over the place and then they would throw each other into one of the walls. Things slowed down pretty fast and then I could see them all clearly.
Aiden and Gabriel were standing on either side of her, Gabriel in front of me and Aiden in front of Frank protecting us. They were both also in the attack position as the other vampire stood in the middle her eyes locked with Aiden’s. Then in a second the vampire had disappeared out the door and Aiden had gone after her. Gabriel stayed.

He relaxed a little and then walked over towards me

“Are you okay?” he asked crouching down to see my face. I nodded my head thankful to see him again. My mind snapped to Frank as I didn’t hear or see anything from where his body lay. I jumped to my feet and ran to his side.
Frank was lying there with blood all over his face and neck. I wiped some of the blood from his neck and saw two puncture wounds there where she had bitten him.

“Oh no” Gabriel’s react was so… human. He checked his neck for a pulse and then his face hardened even more – there was no pulse. Before anything else could happen Gabriel had gotten a piece of stray glass from one of the broken pictures and cut his arm. He dripped his own blood into Frank’s mouth and then grabbed Frank in his arms at once and flew outside. I ran outside after him wanting to know what was happening.
Gabriel was pulling his car out of the garage as I came out of the house. He stopped the car and then got out of it quickly.

“Shit where is Aiden?” he looked around and then on cue Aiden was standing with us. Her clothing was torn and she was covered in blood, her face and all. The blood wasn’t red though; the blood was a dark navy blue; it was extremely weird.

“Frank’s been bitten he needs to go to the house” Gabriel told her, she nodded and then got in the car without another word.

“I’ll call you” she then said and speed off down the road.
I stood there shocked.