I Did It All So Maybe I'd Live This Every Day

I’d End My Days With You

Gerard’s POV

I lay on the couch in Aiden’s room or should I say our room though it’s not like we sleep in here, watching the night sky. Being a vampire isn’t turning out to be like anything I had imagined it to be, it’s rather boring. The times when we go hunting are fun then I get to test out my new speed properly and strength. Aiden says it’s normal for me to be faster and stronger than she is because I’m a newborn but she says that after a year it’ll wear off. I thought that after Aiden came back and told me she loved me that everything would be different. Okay things have changed in a way but not dramatically; I’m still bored and have nothing to do though I could think of many things. I don’t think Aiden has any idea what a couple actually does when they have a house to themselves and no ones around for miles. I walked down the stairs and outside to the garage where she was again fixing up her car.

“Aiden can you come here for a second?” I asked standing at the door to the garage, she stood up right from bending over the car hood.

“What is it Gerard?” she asked me emotionlessly I hated it when she was like this,

“Just come here” I motioned her to come towards me. She crooked her head to the side and then walked towards me

“Yes” she looked at me expectantly. I placed one of my hands upon her check lightly her face began to soften and she sighed deeply. I remember the first time this had happened, when I still had warmth in my body. I leaned towards her and gently kissed her lips it was so different than the first time I had kissed her, she felt different in a way.

Aiden kissed me back and then pulled away,

“That was different,” she whispered to herself

“What was different?” I asked her as I pushed a bit of her hair out of her face.

“The kiss the first time I kissed you, you were still human” she looked up at me smiling,

“Is it a bad thing that I’m not anymore?” I asked her not knowing what answer I would like best.

“Yes and no. Yes because you will come to realise that being one of us isn’t what you’ve always thought and you’ll soon come to regret it. Then no because you would be dead if you weren’t and I would’ve realised too late that I loved you and would never get to do that again.” She smiled at me the smile I had fallen in love with those months ago.

“I will never regret having you in my life forever even if that literally does mean forever” I kissed her again more passionately this time. I had managed to get us into the house without breaking the kiss, which wasn’t saying much since I just had to pick her up. We fell onto the couch together that then ended up being flipped over because we didn’t know our own strengths. Aiden was in the middle of undoing my shirt when she sat up straight and said

“Gabriel?” looking towards the door. I listened closely and could hear the sounds of a sports car approaching I sighed, what a moment killer and when I finally got her to open up to me, or well what ever it is you want to call it.

Gabriel pulled up to the drive as we finished putting the lounge and ourselves right.

“What are you doing back?” Aiden asked him as we went to meet him outside,

“I had to, to make Mikey and Frank happy they think you’re here” he motioned to me I looked at him confused.

“Why do they think I’m here?” I asked as Aiden looked at me questioning

“Your letter” Gabriel replied with raised eyebrows, Aiden came and stood in front of me.

“What did you say in the letter?” she asked me accusingly I thought back over the letter and nothing stroke me as letting on that I was here.

“Nothing that would lead them to think that” I replied looking at her in absolute truth, Aiden turned back around to Gabriel who nodded his head.

“It was a quote from what you said that Gerard couldn’t have known that they would suspect” he responded as we walked into the house.

“What was it?” she asked looking back at me slightly annoyed,

“Life is full of surprises one day you could be doing something as mundane as an exam and realise something great has been right in front of you all along” he reiterated I remember that quote but don’t know how either Mikey nor Frank could have guess it was her.

“They guessed I said that?” she asked shocked as we sat in the lounge

“That was my exact thought when Frank pointed it out, that boy notices more than you were aware of” Gabriel replied and then stretched out his legs.

“He did, so when are you going back to tell them Gerard isn’t here?” Aiden asked him, I so wish I could see Mikey I missed him so much and I could smell him on Gabriel.

It wasn’t fair Gabriel could be around Mikey yet he had drunk human blood and I hadn’t and I couldn’t be around him because I might kill him? So unfair.

“I’ll wait a few hours so they think it’s real” he replied looking at me knowingly

“Gerard you can’t see him I know you miss him terribly but it’s just too dangerous. I know you don’t ever want to hurt him but your instincts will take over and you won’t know what happened until afterwards.” Gabriel told me without me even saying anything.

“How did you know?” I looked at him scrutinising

“Gabriel can read other peoples emotions” Aiden turned to me and explained and then turned back around to Gabriel.

“They’ll believe you?” she questioned, she was always being so carefully that no one knew what we were it was like she was ashamed, which she probably was.

“Emotions?” I questioned loudly, someone should have told me sooner than this I mean it was a big deal it was like he could read my mind.

“Yes to both questions” Gabriel nodded in my direction, Aiden turned and looked at me confused.

“Is it a problem?” she asked me looking at me like it shouldn’t be,

“Just a little why didn’t you tell me sooner?” I asked both of them

“Didn’t cross my mind I expect you’ll also want to know that I can will someone to do what ever it is I want them to do too?” she said I was about to explode with what they had just told me.

“Yes” I replied exasperated,

“Of course you should have, do all vampires have these abilities or just you two?” I asked them wondering whether or not I should be aware that I too may soon have to watch for something weird and wondrous like that.

“Only some do it’s pretty rare to come across two with abilities in the same area though I do think you might have one too” Aiden stood up and came and sat next to me instead of Gabriel.

“Why do you think that?” I asked her now interested,

“Because that first night I kissed you, you made me forget what was happening my whole mind went black but then just before it didn’t happen again, it’s just a theory.” She shrugged her shoulders and then I remembered what Frank had said when we were together; ‘You’re like a drug to me Gerard, every time you kiss me I forget… I forget everything.’

“I think you’re right” I looked at her in realisation,

“It happened with Frank?” Gabriel asked me leaning forward, I looked at him confused as to why he knew but then he was Gabriel the empathic.

“Yes, he said he could never remember anything whenever I kissed him but it doesn’t make sense I just kissed you and you remember” I looked at Aiden trying to figure it all out.

“It probably won’t resurface for many years it wasn’t until 20 years after Gabriel was turned that he found out about his ability” she explainedm, I sighed in relief I didn’t really want to deal with that too at the moment.

Everything quieted down a bit and Aiden went back to fixing her car as Gabriel and I just lay there.

“Gabriel are vampire’s and human’s emotions different?” I asked him since he would know better than anyone.

“Some of them are and others aren’t” he replied with a bored tone,

“What about love?” I asked him since the love I felt for Aiden had changed as I had changed.

“Vampire love is very final whereas humans change who they love all the time. Vampires don’t fall out of love as humans do they love that same person until either of them dies. Vampire love never dies or changes it can only grow stronger and they can only love one person at once.” He explained rolling on his side to see me as I did too.

“So it’s like true love?” I asked him, as that is what it sounded like.

“Yes it’s exactly like that” he nodded his head,

“What about you and Mikey he doesn’t have this final love and you do, don’t you fear that he’ll change?” I asked him even though it maybe a sensitive subject.

“Yes I do but I won’t hold onto him any longer than he wants me too. If he says he doesn’t love me anymore then I’ll leave him be and try and carry on but until then I’m not leaving him.” Gabriel said with a very strong look in his eye. His tone was the same one he had used when my father and mother came back after my father had just beaten Mikey and I; it had made me feel so safe.

“I’m glad he has you Gabriel” I smiled at him, I remember thinking back to when I was human when I wanted to give Gabriel the ‘if you hurt my brother I’ll kill you talk’. There was no way I would ever have to give him that talk though I want to give it to Mikey because I never want to see the day Mikey does stop loving him though I don’t think that day will come.