You Are An Example Of Better Things To Come

You're pretty from afar, but far from pretty

As i sighed extremely loudly making sure my mum and dad could hear me i attempt to put my bags in our car. I really didn't want to go on this 'family holiday'. Especially as i was leaving all my friends and home a few days after i got back. Although in a way I could use some time away from my home as my boyfriend of 2 years had dumped me for my best friend, now ex- best friend the week before. To say I was a tad depressed was a bit of an understatement but, I could have been spending my summer with friends, going to parties and everything else an 18 year old people do. Instead i was being dragged to a cottage in the middle of nowhere, where the only company other than my mental family was the ducks who liked to swim in the lake. "Can you at least pretend to be happy about going here Ameilia?" My dad asked whilst helping me put my bag in the boot.

"But dad, i don't want to go! I want to spend my last 2 months here with my friends!" He sighed and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't you realise we are losing you too? We wanted to spend some quality time with you before our baby moves away.But if you're going to be miserable then fine just stay here, you're not going to ruin this holiday for your mother"

"Sorry dad." I hugged him tightly. "I've been acting like such a spoilt brat over all of this. I wasn't thinking of you and mum."

"It's okay love. Now put a smile on your face or i will have to paint one on like the joker from batman." He went into the front of the car and pulled out my mums red lipstick.

"No don't do that i'm smiling see."

"Yeah i've missed your smile."

I got in the car and plugged my earphones into my ipod, i would need something to keep me occupied for the 4 hour drive. Watching the familiar sights of home pass by through the window, my eyes began to get heavy as i listened to The maine and Hey Monday. My friends weren't too keen on my taste in music they were more fans of Katy Perry and Rhianna, i liked them too but not as much as my music.

"Amelia........sweetie we're here." I could hear my mum's soft voice in my ear to go along with the soft shaking of my body.

"Too comfy, i'll stay here." I mumbled and she lightly giggled before i felt someone pick me up. Without even opening my eyes i snuggled in close to them with my head resting on their chest.

"You know for a young lass you certainly sleep a hell of a lot." I recognised that voice sraight away and instantly woke up as i felt myself being dropped on the couch.

"Oh my god, uncle Tommy they didn't tell me you were coming. I thought you had to do a shit load of work and so couldn't come." I reached

"LANGUAGE AMELIA"

"Sorry mum." I jumped up and gave my uncle hug.

"You put on some weight kidddo? I struggled to carry you in here." he winked as i slapped his arm.

"shut up old man."

"Less of the old you!"

Me and my uncle were always close, more like brother and sister than uncle and niece. He worked hard which meant we rarely saw each other but were constatnly emailing and taking. I felt better about this holiday just by him being here. I looked over his shoulder to notice five awkward looking but very handsome boys in the doorway all of them with their hands in their jean pockets.

"Tommy, Theres some boys in the doorway i don't know. do they belong to you by any chance?"

"Yes as a matter of fact they do." He turned and waved them over." Hey guys come over here and meet my niece Amelia!" They each gave Tommy a 'man hug' . "Amelia this is Josh, Max, Matt, Dan and Chris.They're in a band called You Me At Six" They each gave a small wave as tommy introduced them but the boy named Max pulled me into a tight hug.

They seemed like nice guys so possibly this holiday would be just what i needed after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been having a You Me At Six day today so decided to beging a story with them in it. Hope you lovely readers enjoy xx