You Are An Example Of Better Things To Come

Dropping names a day, you must be tired.

Uni work began to take up so much more of my time than i thought it would. This meant less time to both see and talk to Josh. When i was free he was busy and when he was free I was busy. Last year we had a weekly Skype chat, usually on Sundays, but now all my work was piling up and making me stressed. I hated not talking to him but every time I did all i could think about was how much stuff i still had to do. This would annoy him because I wasn’t really paying attention which would cause a small argument between us. What was wrong with us?

As i looked at the 4590 words on my latest 5000 word essay I sighed and pressed save. It had taken me about a week to finish but finally it was done. It was 7.50pm and usually I would be talking to Josh but I hadn’t heard from him that day or the 2 weeks before. I saved the essay and headed out to the kitchen to see what I could eat.

“So remind me again why you’re not skyping with the Joshua right now?” Lauren asked with her mouth half filled with Ice Cream.

“I had stuff I need to do.” I shrugged.

“You need time to switch off; you’ve become a right moody bitch the past few weeks.”

“Thanks.” I mumbled.

“He misses talking to you like he used to. He would come visit but knows you would probably get mad at him for interrupting precious study time. Max told me.” She turned the TV off and faced me. “What’s going on in that little head of yours?”

“I just feel like we’re growing apart and it kills me. We never have any time for each other like we did in the past.” I sighed and started to pick the nail polish off of my nails. “On the plus side I only have one more assignment and then I’m done for a few weeks. WOOOOOOO!” I threw my arms halfway in the air as a sort of pathetic attempt at a victory dance.

“Well to tell you the truth you’ve been studying way too hard. The brain only takes information in for 30 mins at a time.”

“Where did you hear that?” I asked slightly shocked

“Read it in a book” I gave her the ‘yeah right’ look. “Ok i think heard it somewhere and remembered it because it made me look smart.”

“Well it’s an awesome fact. I’m totally stealing it.” I took my phone from the table. “I guess I should go call the boy and apologise for being an arse huh?” Lauren just nodded and went back to eating her Ice Cream.

Finding his name was the easy part, it was figuring out what to say that was difficult. After only 2 rings he answered.

“Hey.” He sounded tired

“Hi. I’m calling on behalf of your girlfriend wanted you to know she is sorry for being an arse and not talking to you. Can you forgive her?”

“Well if I did what’s in it for me?” He teased, his voice suddenly sounding more awake.

“She also wanted me to include that if this is a fight so there would be making up the next time you both saw one another.”

“In that case I do believe we were fighting but tell her she’s forgiven.” He replied all too quickly.

“You always were a dirty bugger Franceschi. “ I teased back. “I am sorry though babe. “ Now sounding more sincere.

“Its fine love, you were stressed and busy. I get that even though most times we spoke I kinda wanted to tell Lauren to hit you with something.”

“You should have. I would have told Dan to hit you.” I laughed.

“That is because you are a meaner person than me Steph.”

“Amelia.” I corrected.

“Whatever, You know fine well by now I call you Steph.” He laughed.

“I know but a girl can live in hope right?”

“So this making up business? When can that happen?” I could almost see his eyes light up at the thought.

“When you free lover boy?” I was tempted to sing the last word like Josh does in the song but managed to stop myself.

“Hmm..................” He would probably be pretending to run his fingers though a long beard.

“Don’t think too much your brain might explode.”

“Shut-up.” He spoke like a child. “Well I was going to ask you to come down for a weekend. My sister is having a gig and well she would love to see you.”

“Sure I’ll come. I missed Elissa. Missed her brother too.” I immediately became excited at the thought of seeing him so soon.

“He’s missed you more, so i’ll see you at the weekend?” His voice hopeful.

“Sure will. Tell your hyper friend I will be bringing my hyper friend to keep them both occupied.”

“Will do. Let me know when you will get here and I’ll come pick you two up.”

“Okay dokie. Love you.”

“Love you too. See you Friday.”

“Yup see you then.”

We both hung up and I fell onto my bed. That one conversation with Josh made me so much happier and even though it was still early I put my pj’s on and climbed into bed. I did what most people with twitter do before going to sleep and checked it and posted a little tweet to anyone who cared.

SURREY BOUND THIS WEEKEND!!! @Elissa_F you better dedicate a song to me ;)

@Elissa_F: @ailema WOOOOO! Can’t wait to see you. Are you staying with the boy?

@ailema: @Elissa_F I do not know yet. Probably with him or a hotel.

@joshmeatsix: @ailema @Elissa_F she’s staying with the boy.


My life had turned from a nightmare to good dream in the space of a day. I was a happy bunny going to sleep that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
So heres another update. It's just a wee filler and the next few will be too until they go on tour :)

Thanks to saveredheads for another comment.

Thanks to everyone reading. Keep commenting. xx