You Are An Example Of Better Things To Come

You want to talk, and it says a lot

Before I knew it , the day we left for You Me At Six’s tour had came and all I wanted to do was stay in bed all nice and cosy and never leave. All of my cases had been packed for a week and my clothes for wearing laid out on the chair in my room. I did however have my man to keep me warm at all times for the next month.
“Steph! Psssssst Steph.” Josh whispered into my ear.

“Me sleepy leave me alone.” I mumbled into my pillow and i could faintly hear the sounds of Josh’s laughter at my comment.

“We have to go, remember. Tour starts today.” His lips pressed against my cheeks and neck

“Just 5 more minutes please?” I pouted.

“You can sleep on me in the car to the airport babe but you have to get up and ready. I’ve left you as l can.” He pulled back the cover exposing my body to the freezing air that was January in Edinburgh.

“HOLY SHIT IT’S COLD!” Josh laughed at me again knowing I wasn’t a morning person at all.

“Then get dressed and i’ll make you some coffee.” As soon as he left the room i jumped up from bed and put on the clothes i had left out as soon as possible.

I was excited about going on tour but hated the early 5am rise. Lauren i could hear bouncing around talking, well slightly singing, about going to America. No surprise there, she had been hyper for weeks, actually since I told her. We were going on the tour with the bands Mayday Parade and Twin Atlantic. I had never met any of the bands but Josh always talked about the members being ‘great lads’ so I was excited. Or I would be once I had several cups of coffee. I knew that Twin Atlantic was Scottish and Mayday Parade was American and their music was good but that’s all. I hoped by the end of the tour we would all be great friends. The thing i was most excited about was meeting Paramore, who the You Me At Six boys were meeting up with for a day.

“FINALLY YOU’RE READY!” Lauren practically pounced on me once I got downstairs.

“Lauren quiet voice please.”

“You feeling rough Steph?” Max teased.

The truth to why I didn’t want to leave my bed was because I was literally just in it. The guys decided it would be a great time to sit and drink till 3, making us not only tired but a little hungover as well. After coffee and a few painkillers for my head I began to feel much better. Although it was still cold and my body began to shiver. Josh being the gentleman he is gave me one of his spare jumpers for the tour to wear for the day. I did have a jacket but Josh’s jumper was a lot nicer.

We all huddled into the taxi and made our way to the airport. My head leaned against Josh’s shoulder and Lauren did the same to Max, their fingers linked.

“So you excited now?”Josh asked, drawing patterns on my hand with his thumb.

“Yeah now I’m awake.” I smiled up at him. “Whose smart idea was it to stay up till 3 last night?” He laughed,

“Max’s “ Josh replied too quick

“Was not mate and you know it.” Max shot back in response.

The only thing i hated about travelling by plane when I was a child was the waiting around the airport for hours before the flight. We had 3 hours to waste in the airport once we met up with the others and checked in. We had arranged to go to our separate ways and meet up an hour before the flight and go through security.

Josh and I went to a cafe for breakfast and then I dragged him around some of the shops. But soon both of us got bored and sat down for a bit to just chat before meeting up with everyone else.

“It’s so cool to think i’ll be in America in like 9 hours.”

“America is amazing Steph, you’ll love it.”

“Are the fans different like crazier there?” He laughed.

“What do you mean?”

“Like will i get mauled for doing this?” I leaned across the table and planted a kiss on his lips.

“I don’t think so but I sure as hell don’t mind you doing it.” He smiled and gave me another kiss.

“Well that’s alright then.” I winked.

Sooner than I thought we were settled on the plane. The flight attendants were showing all of the safety information while Dan and Josh, who were sitting on either side of me, imitated them. Just as i was about to switch off my phone my mum text me.

FROM MUM:
Have a safe flight sweetheart. I hope you enjoy America and Josh looks after you! Let me know once you land.
Love mum. xxxxxxxxx
P.S. Don’t forget to get me a nice present.


9 hours, 2 movies, 2 hours of fun chats and laughs later the plane landed and we went to collect our bags. The men being gentlemen got all the suitcases while the girls went to get some water for our short trip to the bus that would be our home for the next little while.

“America here we come.” I snuggled into Josh, with his arm around my shoulder as and our American adventure began.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's just a little filler while i figure out what shenanigans will happen on tour with these lovely boys.

Amelia's outfit

Thanks for reading. Comment please.xx