You Are An Example Of Better Things To Come

You are in a reflective mood

Falling out of a bunk in the middle of the night, making everyone laugh is not ideal. Every night at the beginning of the tour I made an attempt to escape my bunk but unlike all the spies in films who escape being captured I was not graceful with my fall. I would fall flat on my face and land in a heap on the floor.

"Fuck!" I yelled as my face collided with the floor.

"Babe you ok?" Josh's sleepy head popped out of the curtain.

"Yeah I'm fine just have some sort of thing wrong with me that I can't stay in a bunk all night." I groaned and he laughed running his fingers through his hair that was currently sticking out in every direction.

"Come back up here i'll keep you safe, The guns will keep you up here." He bent his arm so the muscles at the top bulged a little. Josh didn't have big guns like Dan but he still had them.

"My knight in shining armour." I laughed climbing but up to the bunk i fell from.

The only thing that stopped me falling out again was Josh's arm wrapped securely round my waist. As I settled back into Josh's chest after waking up in the morning my phone vibrated.

From UNKNOWN:
Hey X


2 things went through my mind as my eyes read over the words
The first being Who was texting me?
The second being HOW DID THEY GET MY NUMBER?

I looked over the number and oddly enough I recognised it but couldn't quite place where from. so like most people would do I asked.

To UNKNOWN:
Who is this?


Within a few minutes I had a reply

From UNKNOWN:
It me, chris. Don't tell me you've forgotten me already. X


Chris was my boyfriend before josh, the one that cheated on and left me for my best friend. Then it clicked.

The boy from the bar was him!

His hair was different but it was him, I don't know why I didn't recognise him fully last night, after all we did date for a while.The whole situation just got a whole lot more awkward. What would Josh say if he found out that it was my ex that punched him?

To Chris:
what do you want?

From Chris:
To talk its been way too long. I miss you! X

To Chris:
I have nothing to say to you apart from why did you punch my Boyfriend?

From Chris:
You've went downhill from me sweetheart. Meet me and I'll tell you. X


I had almost forgotten about Chris now that I had Josh. My life was so much better and I just hoped that meeting him wouldn't ruin everything.

But if Josh wouldn't tell me what went on maybe Chris would.

I looked over at Josh's sleeping figure and I already felt guilty for texting Chris nevermind meeting him. But before I thought about what I was doing properly I heard the ping from my phone telling me that my message was sent.

To Chris:
Fine meet me in an hour at the cafe beside the bar from last night.


I crawled over the top Josh being careful not to wake him and got dressed. It took me longer than I though getting ready, picking out the right outfit making my hair look nice. I didn' t know why, maybe it was to make him Jealous and show him what he's missing out on.

I didn't know why I wanted to meet up with Chris but I always a nosy person so decided to go anyway. See what his life was like now, if he was still dating Joy,the girl he left me for, and why he was in America.

Walking into the cafe I noticed him sitting in a small booth and smiled in my direction as he saw me.

"Hey." He leaned over to me to give me a hug but I moved out of the way.

"Hi" I sat in next to him.

Why I was doing that I didn't know but I was there and It was time I got answers for everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this one is shorter than I thought it would be, sorry for that. Anyways thanks to saveredheads for you're comment.

Thanks for reading. Comment please. xx