You Are An Example Of Better Things To Come

I wish, I wish you didn't exist

An hour of talking about everything and anything apart from our break-up, Chris going from an arrogant arse to being actually ok and how i remembered him to be when we dated. Once he brought up Josh instantly I could feel tension fill the air.

“So your boyfriend’s in that band. The one that played here right?” I nodded. “They’re meant to be good.”

“They really are. Amazing live and he loves it.”

“Did you know your face like lights up when i mentioned him?” I blushed a little.

“I didn’t until now” We laughed. “So what brings you to the US of A Chris?”

“I needed a change of scenery. Things just weren’t the same i guess.”

“You still with.........”

“No” He cut me off. “We didn’t last long. She was just a bit of fun.” He looked embarrassed having to admit that in front of me.

“Well I hope she was worth it.” My words sounded harsher than I had intended.

“Truthfully. She wasn’t” He stared down at his now empty coffee cup. “I’m sorry.” He mumbled.

“For what? Cheating or punching my boyfriend?”

“Both really.”

“Why did you two end up re-enacting what i would imagine a scene from an awful boxing movie being like?” We both laughed at the image from the previous night.

“Well I said something’s and he realised I was your ex which made him mad and he started yelling back at me. The next thing I knew i had took a swing at the guy. You know I turn into a complete dick with a drink in me.” He tried to laugh but he looked guilty about something.

“True you do. What did you and him say? I’m a big girl i can handle the truth.” I took the last sip left of my coffee.

“I said that he should try getting with someone else because even a saint would get bored being with you and that the grass is greener on the other side.” My eyes widened in shock that he could say such a thing. “He said he didn’t know what type of person you were when we were dating but you weren’t the same. That you were amazing and I was a complete and utter arse for even talking about you in that way.........” He looked into my eyes as if pleading me to let him stop talking.

“Go on.” I encouraged

“I got jealous that he was willing to fight in your corner and I could tell just from the way his eyes looked like they wanted to kill me that you two are way more in love than we ever were.” He reached for my hands. “Amelia the grass isn’t greener on the other side. Just so you know. It made me ruin the best thing I had.”

The way he looked into my eyes made butterflies dance in my stomach, the way they do when Josh acts all cute and lovely with me. We stared at each other for what felt like an age before my phone interrupted us.

“Hey babe where are you?” Josh’s half sleepy but worried voice met my ears.

“I’m just getting coffee love, needed sometime away from you smelly boys.” He laughed.

“When will you be back i thought we could do something. Just us two.” A smile instantly spread across my face at the thought of spending time with him somewhere. “Give me about 20 mins and I’ll be back.” Chris’s face fell as I finished the sentence but he tried to hide it.

“Okay dokey, see you soon. Oh and babe Max wants some coffee and cookies.”

“I’ll see what I can find to bring back most likely it’ll be awesome. Just like me.” I could hear the guys snicker in the background so I knew I was on loudspeaker.

“I’ll pass that on. Love you.”

“Love you too.”

Chris went and paid for our drinks and came back to the table.

“I know you have to go now but if you think we could ever be friends like before we dated call me. I miss you.” He kissed my temple before leaving.

Could I be friends with him after all he’s done?

Should I tell Josh about meeting up with Chris?

I had no idea what to do. I didn’t want Josh to think I was sneaking around behind his back but then I didn’t want him to put me off being friends with Chris if I chose to do so. I could think about it tomorrow for now I wanted to spend time with the man waiting for me back in the cramped bus we liked to call home. As I turned the corner to where the bus was my phone beeped it’s little beep to tell me I had a tweet.

@Maxmeatsix: HURRY UP WITH MY COFFEE @Ailema. I’m having caffeine withdrawal here :p

I couldn’t help but laugh at Max he’s hyper all the time with caffeine so I wondered what him going through ‘caffeine withdrawal’ would be like.

@Ailema: @Maxmeatsix I’m outside the bus!!!!!! Come open the door Maximus!

No sooner had I sent the reply the door was being flung open and the coffee cup being almost ripped from my hands.

“Good morning to you too Max.” I laughed and threw the cookies he asked for.

“You ready to go love?” Josh walked towards me pulling on his jumper.

“Sure am.”

We both walked out of the bus for a walk around sharing kisses. His hands never leaving mine until he went to get a burger for our lunch, because he was that much of a big spender.

@Ailema: Looking forward to sightseeing today with the boy. I want to visit a zoo for some reason. Maybe he’ll buy me a pet Giraffe or penguin or tiger :/
♠ ♠ ♠
So the stuff with Chris will be in it for a few chapters yet, he pops back up. Well so I'm planing anyways, I haven't written it yet. Thanks to saveredheads for the comment.

Amelia's outfit

Thanks for reading. Comment please :D xx