You Are An Example Of Better Things To Come

You Don't Know Me At All

Everything was planned for the wedding quickly, mostly by me. I seemed to become some sort bridezilla and control freak over every detail. I had picked a simple white, lace wedding dress that clung to all the right places and made me look beautiful. Josh picked his suit since he was being too picky and I would get slowly more annoyed at him as time went on. The venue was a stately home in Surrey. The best part of planning the wedding however was trying the variety of cake flavours there were. We feasted on flavours ranging from Red Velvet to coconut to one that tasted exactly like lemon meringue pie before settling on milk and white chocolate one. The more things we planned the more excited I became to become Josh’s wife.

We never did end up getting married when we originally planned, Josh and I. Not because we had a massive fallout and never wanted to see each other again. There was one big reason for the wedding being postponed however, one that involved my stomach becoming significantly larger with time. 9 months to be exact.

I sat staring at my bump; it seemed to relax both me and the baby when I gently rubbed my hands over it. Soon I would be meeting this little person. I couldn’t wait.

“Hey there sweetie…. I want you to promise that you won’t give me and daddy too many sleepless nights” I spoke quietly as if

“I give mummy enough of those already.” Josh whispered into my bump.

“Shut up and stop perverting our poor child’s ears” I slapped his shoulders playfully. “Don’t listen to your dad, he’s just as horny as a teenager.”

“You love it really.” He kissed my head. “Here’s your tea love. I’ve ran a bath for you aswell.”

“Thank you babe. You always know what I need!” I slowly pull myself up off of the couch and waddle my way upstairs to the bathroom. I pass by the newly painted and furnished. nursery . I walk in and pick up the small, soft monkey teddy given as an early gift for the baby by Max. He said something about the monkey would be able to remind the baby of his uncle Max since they both like to climb. Maybe it wasn’t climbing he said but it was to remind the baby of him anyways. It was that cute I wanted to keep it for myself.

“See baby this is your room, you’ll get to sleep in this little bed soon.” My hand grazed over the soft white covers.

I stripped down once I got to the bathroom and just as I was about to step into the bath a large puddle formed on the floor.

“JOSH!” I yelled as loud as I could.

“Everything ok?” He lightly tapped on the closed door.

“Either the bath is leaking and we need a new one. Or we have to go to the hospital as I think my waters just broke.” I threw on my bathrobe and unlocked the door to find Josh standing with the hospital bag in hand and a new set of clothes for me to throw on.

Josh drove like a maniac to the hospital which this time I was glad of. When we got there we were taken to a private room and monitored. As the hours passed and my contractions became closer the more tired I became. Josh was by my side the whole time stroking my head, holding my hand and placing kisses on my forehead.

16 hours……..Thats how long it took for our lazy little one to enter the world…….16 HOURS!!

Looking at him, I didn’t mind the 16 HOURS all that much now. His perfect tiny little toes and fingers. His little nose, everything about him I loved.

“I didn’t think it was possible to love someone as much as I love you.” Josh whispered into my ear as he stroked our son’s cheek. “I love you Amelia. Even now your all sweaty.”

“I just gave birth! Which took 16 hours if you haven’t forgotten. Our son certainly won’t” I laughed.

“I can just see you now yelling at him when he’s a teenager telling him how he took 16 hours of pain to enter the world. You’ve given me the most perfect little gift.”

“Our little family. It’s perfect. My life is perfect!” We sat there for hours snuggled together on the hospital bed looking down at the new edition to our lives.
♠ ♠ ♠
So FINALLY here it is the last chapter of this story. Wanted it to have a cute ending but needed the time to write it.

I hope you all enjoyed the story!

Thanks to everyone who recommended, subscribed and commented, it means a lot. Let me know what you thought of the ending. xx