Status: Ongoing

AOI : Forged Memories

Chapter Two

Eyes awakened as the bright afternoon sun shone its merciless light towards a young man's face. The black hair simmered in the light, creating small rainbow spectrums on the strands of the youth's hair as the he pulled his leaning head away from the nearby pole to avoid the light. The red bench appeared to be warm as the youth reached his hands to touch the bench's handle as if he slept in the skyway station all night.

As the youth tucked and fits his soles into his combat boots, the well-lit white empty skyway station suddenly was devoured by darkness, as a solitude figure appeared in front of the railways. The figure appeared to be wearing a heavy straight jacket covered with a light gray transparent robe swaying in the wind. The mysterious figure appeared to be wearing a silent, porcelain mask with a distinctive gray heart underneath its left eye.

Slowly standing up on his own, the youth looked back upon the dark figure with a cautious smile, "It's been a while." Cold sweat running down his face, the youth didn't dare to blink, for it could be his last. The dark figure remained silent, approaching the youth even closer. The youth held his breathe, ready to for any sudden responses and opportunities to escape.

The dark figure pulled out a small worn out notebook, handing it to the youth with emotions hidden behind the mask. The youth sighed in relief, retrieving the notebook from the dark figure. Without giving the notebook a second glance, the youth whispered to the dark figure, "Thanks, I owe you one..."

As the dark figure suddenly disappears with no hesitation, youth rapidly looked through the notebook, full or writings, poems, pictures, drawings, and finally at the back of the notebook, there was a beaded rosary taped to the inside cover as well as one Air Skyway Train ticket to Centre City.

The youth tucked the notebook safely in his pocket as he headed down the station to the Ticketmaster to aboard the train with his head bowed to the ground, hiding the smile with all of his might.