Status: Just getting started.

Sleep Until Forgotten

Awakening

Black.

I knew my eyes where open, but all I saw was black.

I tried to keep my breath the same as what it was when I was, sleeping? I'll go with that.

I knew I was... On... Something? Someone?

My head was laying on something, really soft.

So soft, the wind rushing through my hair, the soft "thump" every so often, whatever was holding my legs to something, disappeared.

All I knew about was whatever my head was laying on.

Not even caring about holding still any more, I moved my hand up so I could touch it.

Hair. It was hair I was laying on. I didn't care who's it was anymore, I ran my hand up to the person's head, and even further up until I felt... Ears?

No, they couldn't be, they were on top, like a dog or cat. Was I ON a dog or cat? I didn't think so, they were holding my legs after all.

The wind stopped.

"You done messing with my hair?" a guy's voice said.

Not expecting anything to be talking in the quietness of the night, I shrieked and pushed back, almost falling off the back of this person. He reached back before I could completely fall off, luckily.

He let go of my other leg and let me down on something that was max only five inches wide, of course not having much room made me almost fall off again.

And again of course he caught me, bridal style, but he had to jump through leaves...

Wait, what!? I was NOT in a tree, not that I don't like them, I just don't like how tall they are.

I had to be though because he then jumped down through even more leaves and landed, hopefully on the ground.

He went to put me down again, but I clung to him, afraid of not being on the ground yet.

"Relax will 'ya? We're on the ground so don't worry," he pried my arms off of him, and I fell on my butt.

"Wow, you're clumsy," he said.

I stood up and dusted myself off, but before I could go stalking off somewhere because I was insulted, he grabbed my hand and started off in some direction.

"We'll be at the village soon 'kay? If you have to as soon as we're there you can go to sleep."

I didn't reply, not really knowing what to say, but also not wanting to nod my head when he probably can't even see me.

I just stayed silent and let this random guy drag me off somewhere, my only motivation being the promised bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
It probably sucks and it's short , and it's different than what I imagined, but it's the first part of a story I've been running through my head when I get bored during study hall, or when I can't sleep.