Status: Just getting started.

Sleep Until Forgotten

Lap Dog

"What's wrong Sango?" this is what I woke up to, it wasn't the man who had found me last night though.

"Nothing, leave me alone," I heard a girl, Sango apparently, say.

"We all know what your deal is Sango, so just admit it already. You don't like the fact that the new girl might interfere with you finding-"

My founder was cut off by Sango's voice again, this time she was shouting.

"I don't think you realize she might not even be able to fight! What if she's associated with Naraku, huh?"

"I knew you were jealous..." the first voice mumbled.

"I am not Miroku! I'm just worried about the fact that she might drag us down, that's it!"

Miroku then said, after what sounded like him moving, "Calm down Sango, it'll be fine," followed by the sound of someone being slapped.

Until now I had tried to stay quiet and hold still, but I had to roll over and start giggling.

"She's awake!" my founder called, then he moved over to my side.

He had white hair... weird, he only seemed like he was in his late teens at oldest.

"Do you bleach your hair or something?" I asked, sitting up.

Before he could answer though, some girl in the worst school girl outfit I've ever seen, with black hair, pushed him out of the way and pushed me back down.

"You need to stay down, we don't even know if you have any injuries yet. Inuyasha made us wait until you were awake," she rolled her eyes.

"Inuyasha?"

"The guy in the red kimono?" she said as if it was obvious.

"So that's what they're called..." I mumbled.

The girl went to work checking over my head. Tried to that is.

Pushing her hand away before she could touch me I said, "Hey, princess, or little miss nurse, or whatever your name is, I can take care of myself. Just give me the first aid kit and I'll fix myself up, though I highly doubt that I'm hurt," I sat up again.

She 'humphed' and sat down, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed, next to a little kid with a tail.

I sighed and started running my fingers over my arms and rib cage, checking for bruises and the like.

"So..." I said still checking, "Can you guys tell me... who you all are?"

"I would love to!" Miroku said, sitting down next to me.

"I'm Miroku, and the one that was yelling a second ago is Sango. The one in the red is Inuyasha, and no he doesn't bleach his hair or anything, it's just like that because he's part demon. The one sulking is Kagome, the one next to her is Shippo, a fox demon, and the little cat is Kilala." he furrowed his eyebrows, "Who are you?"

I couldn't think of an answer to give him. I knew I was a girl, I knew I was 5'5'', I knew I had brown hair and eyes, but I didn't know anything personal. I forgot me, not everything.

I only shrugged.

"What do you mean?" Shippo ran over and asked.

"I don't know who I am. I know facts and stuff still like I have brown hair and everything, but I don't know me. Like my name or what I'm like."

Everyone's jaw dropped.

Sango looked over at Kagome then back to me and asked, "What era are you from?"

I looked down at myself and then at what Kagome was wearing, I wasn't wearing a school uniform, but jeans and a green t-shirt with sneakers. I knew what actual year I was from, but she said 'era', so I said, "Her's I'm guessing," I nodded toward Kagome, "Japan?" I guessed.

"Of course," Kagome answered.

I had stopped checking myself for bruises a while ago, but I couldn't check my back so I turned so my back was facing Miroku and asked him, "Can you check to see if I have any marks on my back?"

"Yes, I'd love to," he said eagerly, lifting up my shirt and running his fingers over my back almost immediately.

"Yeah, I'm sure you would Miroku, you lecher," Inuyasha scoffed.

Looking at Inuyasha, I said, "Hey, Inuyasha? Can you come here a second?"

"Okay..." He got up and moved so he was sitting next to me.

"So, you're the one that- Ah!" I jerked away from Miroku's hand.

"What did you do this time?!" Inuyasha turned around and yelled at Miroku.

"It's fine," I said through my teeth, "He just hit a soft spot," I relaxed some and let Miroku continue searching.

"As I was saying, you're the one who was carrying me when I first woke up last night, right?" I asked Inuyasha.

"Well, yeah. What of it?"

"Come here," I whispered, moving my finger in a 'come closer' motion.

He leaned over, and I reached up...

And grabbed his head, pulled it into my lap, and, running one hand through his hair, rubbed his ears with the fingers of my other.

"Will you stop that! That's the second time, now cut it out! I am not a lap dog!" He sat up again and smoothed his hair down.

I laughed, "Sorry."

He shook his head and moved back to his spot next to the wall.

"Ahh!" I screamed, curling into a ball on the floor, holding my side.

"Miroku!" Sango called.

"It wasn't me! I barely touched her!" He yelled back.

Kagome ran over again, pushing the first aid kit closer, and pulled my shirt up.

"Hey!" I pulled it down, yelping again from another stabbing pain in my back.

"Will you stop it! I don't get what your deal is just let me see what's wrong!" She yanked up my shirt again, causing me to whimper.

She started pressing down on my ribs one by one, and around the middle I almost screamed in pain.

"Careful!" Miroku who was still nearby, warned. He then held out his hand to me, and I grabbed onto it thankfully.

I was already squeezing his hand pretty hard just from the throbbing, so after Kagome informed me I had a cracked rib, she started wrapping my torso up. By now, Miroku probably has nail marks in his palm.

Kagome gave it another tug before tying it up so it would stay, with another yell from me.
My eyes started stinging, and despite my side still hurting I pulled my hand from Miroku's, stood up, and ran from the building I was in, whimpering all the way, and tears brimming on my eyelids. These people would not see me shed a single tear.

I heard someone yell for me to stop, but ignored it. I ran as fast as I could, eventually running into the forest surrounding the village. I glanced behind me, and there was no one, not that I could see.

I turned back around and sat down by a tree, on the side opposite from the village.

I leaned my head back on the trunk of the tree, and cried.

I didn't cry much though because soon, from sitting still for a minute, the pain subsided, but I couldn't wipe away the tears still hanging on my cheeks, afraid of the pain it might come with.

"Uh, hello?" Inuyasha said, touching my shoulder lightly.

"Move your hand," I whimpered.

"Sorry, I guess," he said moving to sit down across from me.

"What do you want?" I asked, trying not to move too much. Gosh, how did I not notice the whole rib thing sooner!?

"Me, and everyone else you just ran out on, want to know what's wrong."

"Nothing, go away now?"

"You were crying, it either has to hurt that much or something's wrong, or both. So which is it?"

"I'm afraid Sango might be right," I said hesitantly, my head hung miserably.

"Listen, do not say that. I know you're special, I felt it back in the forest when I found you, and I'm sure we'll found out what it means soon. So hang on and stop running away at random times," he leaned forward and picked me up gently, then ran off back to the hut in the village, but I fell asleep before he even made it back.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... this one is longer than the first I think... tell me what your thoughts on it are if you want to.