Light up My World

you can't go to bed without a cup of tea, maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep

Sam kept a watchful eye on the two of them as he talked to their mother in a low voice, he didn’t trust him around her at all. Louis was exactly the type of guy that Ellie would fall head over heels for, he was charming and funny and good looking, and Sam was able to admit that in a purely heterosexual way. He also happened to be 100% perfect for Ellie and that was exactly why Sam needed to keep them away from each other. Ellie was the strongest girl he knew, but she could only take so much hurt.

She was his baby sister, and since their dad had died, he was only one of the many men who would gladly kick the shit out of anyone who caused her pain. He had only met Louis a handful of times and he liked the kid, he really did, but there was no way in hell he trusted him around the jewel of the Carson family. Not only was Louis two years older than Ellie, but he was an attractive dude, Same could admit that, he didn’t want to see Ellie hurt, and he knew what boys that age wanted.

Louis was different to the other boys around Ellie’s age though, he was wanted by girls all over the world, and he knew all the right things to say to make them like him. It wasn’t a personal vendetta or anything against Louis, Sam really didn’t mind the kid that much, but he was a whole different person when it came to Ellie. She was the baby of the family, and he was her older brother, he had to protect her more than anyone else. She was a smart kid, the smartest he knew, but she was only a kid.
[&&&]

Ellie let out a soft giggle as she sat against the back fence with Louis, her bare feet pressed against the damp grass as both of them watched the small children running around the small backyard. Becky and Daisy had barely parted for more than a second since Daisy had arrived, meanwhile, her older brother was whispering stories into Ellie’s ear about when they were younger and she was murmuring comments in response. Louis reminded her of someone, but she wasn’t entirely sure who, it was someone special though, someone who made her feel safe and protected, she liked that.

She hugged her knees to her chest as he began to tell her about his band mates, Harry in particular, she knew of the boys ‘bromance’ and could see that Louis cared for the younger boy. “So then, Harry’s best response for the predicament was that he and Matt were discussing cats for possible Christmas presents, can you imagine what the press thought?!” he exclaimed, making elaborate hand gestures to further emphasise his point as his brilliant eyes sparkled in childish joy, and causing Ellie to giggle even more than she already was, a warm smile lighting up her face.

A smile of his own spread across Louis’ face as he looked at the girl next to him, the giggle that kept bubbling out of her was the most wonderfully beautiful sound that he had ever heard, and it suited her in an odd way. She was happy, the happiest and bubbliest person that Louis had ever met, and that was saying a lot considering he was mates with Liam. Happiness just radiated from Ellie though, and it seemed to spread through every person in the room, Louis couldn’t think of a single reason to be unhappy ever again.

“What about you? Tell me about your friends” he asked her as he took a sip from the plastic cup in his hand, he had never wanted to know everything about a girl this desperately before. He had always been totally in control with girls before, he liked them, and if they didn’t, well he just moved on and found one who did. It was different with Ellie; she had him right in the palm of her hand and didn’t even know it. He would make sure she did eventually, but for now he’d settle for getting to know her.

“I have two best friends; Olivia and Tilly, Olivia is the sweetest girl you will ever meet and probably one of the blondest, but I love her to death, I know that I can tell her absolutely anything and she’ll take it to the grave. Tilly, on the other hand, is absolutely terrifying in the best possible way, you do not want to be on her bad side, but we’ve been friends since nursery school and I wouldn’t be anywhere without her or Olivia, they mean the world to me, but I’m fairly sure they’re crazy.” She explained, smiling lightly.

Louis opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted when the birthday girl herself ran over to them, “Aunty! Aunty! Daddy’s cutting the cake! Come on! Hurry up!” she squealed before running off again and sending Ellie into another fit of affectionate giggles. Becky was constantly the light of Ellie’s world; she had gotten her through some of the darkest days, and didn’t even know it. She reminded Ellie so much of herself, with her exuberant happiness and joy, yet she was so much like her grandmother, Ellie’s mother, with her confidence and eagerness to share her opinion with everyone.

Louis pushed himself off the ground first, before offering a hand to Ellie, who accepted it gratefully, rising to her feet and managing to not break her ankles it the heels she still had on. She smiled shyly at him and looked at their hands, expecting for him to let go of it, but he didn’t. Instead, he threaded his fingers through her amusingly small ones and lightly pulled her over to the table where Sam stood proudly next to his wife and daughter, bouncing his son on his knee lightly, a loud cute giggle bubbling from Mickey’s lips.

There were quite a few parents there with their kids, all watching as Becky blew out the candles on her cake that her mother had spent far too much money on, money that they didn’t have, but all that mattered in that moment was that Becky was happy. Becky’s happiness meant the world to Ellie, a whole lot more than her own did, but she had always been that way, putting others happiness before her own. However, as she stood a couple of steps back with Louis holding her hand, she thought that maybe, it was her turn to be happy.

[&&&]

Louis and Daisy were the last ones to leave the house that day, Daisy had asked Louis if she could stay for a little while and play with the new toys that Becky had gotten for her birthday, but if he was being honest, he stayed for purely selfish reasons. He wasn’t ready to go home and forget about Ellie, he knew he wouldn’t be able to anyway, but regardless, he stayed and the two of them talked more about their lives over countless cups of tea. Louis told her all about the boys, and she told him about college.

Eventually though, the time came for Louis to take Daisy home to their mother and she was well overdue for a good night sleep by that point. Daisy and Becky had fallen asleep in Becky’s room while watching the little mermaid and Louis carried the small girl out to the car, carefully buckling her in before turning back towards the house. He wasn’t ready to say goodbye yet, and with that in mind, he sprinted back towards the house, knocking on the door impatiently. Ellie answered it with a confused half-smile “Did you or Daisy forget something?” she asked suspiciously.

“I did. I forgot to ask you for your number” he replied cheekily and Ellie blushed darkly before fishing her phone out of her pocket and handing it over to him as he handed over his more advanced iPhone, both of them punching in their nine digit numbers before swapping phones back. “ Goodbye Ellie, I’ll see you around, pretty girl” he winked at her before leaning in and pressing a light kiss to her cheek, then turning and walking back towards his shiny car and sleeping sister, driving off with a final smile and wave.

Ellie closed the door and leant against the frame lightly, pressing her hand to the place his lips had kissed, while a goofy looking smile spread across her face and she let out a girlish giggle. She wandered off in search of her mother so that they could go home, today had been incredibly weird and wonderful and she was honestly looking forward to a good sleep to make sense of it all, which always helped her to understand a situation. However, she had never been kissed on the cheek by 1/5 of the country’s most popular boy band before.

[&&&]

She collapsed on her bed later that night, nice and snug in her extremely mature and grown up Piglet pyjamas; it had been at least two hours between Louis leaving and Sam actually permitting her to leave. He apparently had a list of concerns about Ellie getting close to Louis, all of which she brushed off with a laugh, he could have any girl in the whole world, what on earth would he want plain, boring Eloise Carson for? He would forget about her now and continue on with his fabulous pop star lifestyle, she would just become another face.

Suddenly, though, her iPhone lit up with a new text message and Ellie felt her heart swell as she saw what the message said, as well as what he had named himself on her phone, making her giggle softly as her mother was in bed, hopefully asleep. The text read;

Boo Bear – Goodnight beautiful, may your dreams be filled with me, cause I know you’ll fill mine xoxo
Ella blushed and pressed the phone to her chest in a hope to absorb the pure sweetness and corniness of the message, before biting her lip as she quickly typed a reply.

[&&&]

Louis jumped as his message tone sounded, making Harry laugh loudly at him, before he wandered off to text Taylor or something like that. He unlocked the phone, his grin growing as he read the message a few times;

Ella-Belle (: - Boo Bear? Don’t think you’re getting out of explaining that one mister! ;) sweet dreams, you silly crazy handsome boy, i’ll talk to you soon xxxx
He could just pictured her blushing when she read the message before laughing to herself in that beautiful way that she had been doing all day, he would definitely be seeing her again.