Light up My World

you're so london, your own style.

Ellie let out a loud groan as her alarm went off, We Come Running blaring from the small device and filling her small bedroom as she forced herself to get out of bed and stumbled to her closet. It was a Saturday, and she shouldn’t have been up this early, but she had work to do today on her Art History paper. She and Olivia were meeting up at O’Doolley’s to go over the notes they had collected over the semester from Miss Larindale, their brilliant and quirky Art History professor who happened to absolutely adore the both of them.

She pulled the hem of her sweatpants up slightly as she padded across the floor to the small cupboard at the edge of her bedroom, blindly pulling out a pale pink skirt to wear with a lace shirt and a pair of cotton leggings, tossing a cropped denim jacket over the top as she slipped a pair of simple black flats onto her small feet. Brushing her hand through her hair a couple of times, she tied the dark blonde waves up in a loose ponytail before grabbing her book bag and walking down the hall to her mother’s room.

“Mum, I’m going to study with Livvy at O’Doolley’s; I’ll be back around four” she told her quietly before ducking her head to kiss her mother on the cheek and walked out of the room. It was a quarter to ten now, meaning that Ellie had precisely fifteen minutes to make it across town to O’Doolley’s before she began to get panicked phone calls from Livvy, she had a tendency to worry about Ellie.. A lot, like when they were playing squash and Livvy refused to continue playing because she was convinced that Ellie was going to pass out.

She rubbed her eyes as she locked her front door behind her so that no creepers could go and attack her mother while she slept, she really should have gone to sleep earlier but she couldn’t help it. Louis had been texting her last night and she couldn’t bring herself to bid him adieu until 1 in the morning when her mother had yelled at her to say goodnight and go to sleep. She was used to Ellie’s attachment to her phone by now, during the past week, she had sent over 500 text messages to the messy haired boy.

She made it in the door with seconds to spare, only to be met by a crash tackle of a hug on the behalf of her best friend. “THANK GOD! I was beginning to think you got kidnapped or something, El!” she exclaimed as she squeezed her in a bone crushing hug, causing Ellie to splutter as she fought to regain her breath. Livvy was a bit intense sometimes but Ellie loved her more than anything, “Okay, enough dickarsing around, let’s finish this bitch” she said seriously as she returned to her seat, both of the girls letting out groans.

[&&&]

Ellie and Livvy were perhaps the least productive people in the whole of England, but somehow managed to get fairly good grades, they always did it together though. They had been best friends through the thick and thin, and they told each other everything, however, Ellie hadn’t quite had the heart to tell her best friend about the bright eyed boy who had filled her every thought during the past week. She liked that Louis was hers for now, she didn’t have to deal with the endless teasing or loving prodding that would come with sharing him with her friends.

She liked him a lot, that much she knew and she wished she could have introduced him to Livvy but she didn’t know if he was even interested in her in that way and she didn’t want to be disappointed like that. She liked Louis, that much she knew, and it would only intensify the more she interacted with him, the main reason she didn’t want to introduce him to her friends, was because then it would be real and she would have to come to terms with her feelings for him. She liked being friends with him too much.

She was broken out of her revenue by her phone buzzing on the table; she lunged for it and felt a smile light up her face as she read the name on the screen, answering the call with a laugh. “Don’t you ever get sick of talking to me? Your band mates must think I’m the Anti-Christ by now!” she fired and a beautiful chuckle reached her ear as she heard boisterous yells in the backgr0und and assumed that he was with the lads, he usually was, but he never called her then, he always called when he was alone.

“How could anyone get sick of a voice as beautiful as yours, love?” he answered smoothly and Ellie’s cheeks burned with a dark blush, a shy smile spreading across her face. Sometimes he could be really freaking cute towards her and it just made her want to love him even more, it was times like these when it seemed as though he really did like her, but then there was times when he acted like she was more of a friend than anything else. He was so damn confusing, but she liked him too much to be angry at him.

“You’re such a liar, is it your goal in life to make me blush to death or something?” she whined, letting out a light laugh, before looking back down to her notebook and beginning to doodle with her biro. All of her school books were littered with little doodles and lyrics that she would draw to occupy herself while doing something. She usually didn’t even realise she was doing it until a whole page had been totally defaced with it; she had picked it habit from Livvy after all. Livvy was an incredible artist and Ellie would quite often knick her pieces.

“Of course it is! Why would you expect anything less from me, Bellie? There was actually a reason I called though, are you still in O’ Doolley’s?” he asked and Ellie’s heart melted at the nickname which he had bestowed upon her a few days ago when they had been skyping after one of his concerts. “Because Harry has been bugging me for days about meeting you, and I thought you might like to come see a film with us, you can bring Livvy if you’d like, so it won’t be quite so awkward” he offered , his voice hopeful.

“That sounds great! I’m actually studying with Livvy at the moment and we were just talking about needing a distraction, you’re a lifesaver! Tell Harry I can’t wait to meet him and neither can Livvy, I’ll see you soon silly boy” she chirped happily, as she began to gather her books and other items on the table that they had been studying at for the past two hours. She was oblivious to the curious looks that her best friend had been giving her for the past five minutes since the phone call had begun, eager to hear the follow-up.

“2 o’clock at Leicester square, pretty girl, I’ll be waiting for you” he told her before hanging up, leaving Ellie feeling giddy and all kinds of wonderful inside. She checked her watch and motioned for Livvy to pack up her stuff as she hopped from foot to foot impatiently while she waited for her to finish up. Livvy had barely gotten her bag over her shoulder before Ellie was grabbing her arm and pulling her out of the door and down the cobbled street at tremendous speed. She hadn’t moved this fast in all the time that Livvy had known her.

“Whoa, calm down, El, you’re acting like we’re going to meet One Direction! Was that Liam or something? Didn’t know you two were so tight!” Livvy teased and let out a loud gasp as Ellie slowed down slightly, and turned to face her with a guilty smile. “NO! How in the hell did you get Liam freaking Payne’s number? And furthermore, why haven’t you given me Harry’s?” she demanded, gripping Ella’s arm tightly as they turned the corner. O’Doolley’s wasn’t very far from Leicester square, maybe a ten to fifteen minute walk and they’d been walking for a while.

“It’s not Liam, its Louis, his little sister is best friends with Becky and we met at her birthday last week, we’ve been talking ever since. He’s so much more than a funny man, Livvy, he’s really sweet and cheeky, and sometimes he makes me laugh so much. I really like him as Louis, not Louis Tomlinson from One Direction.” Ellie told her best friend quietly, looking down briefly and blushing a lot. Livvy smiled at her, it was the first time she had ever seen Ellie so completely enamoured by one person, and she was usually the one sacrificing her happiness.

“Aw, that’s so cute, you don’t know how happy it makes me to see you so loved up, kiddo.” Livvy told her with a dreamy smile, “Hey, do you reckon you could use some of that matchmaking magic to organise for me to meet Harry, since I’m your bestest friend and all?” She winked, half-joking and half-serious. Ellie let out a laugh and nodded her head, making Livvy fist pump and jump up and down in excitement at the opportunity, hoping to get out all her fangirl needs before Louis got here, no need to embarrass herself in front of him.

“Well he is coming -AHH!” she shrieked as she was grabbed around the waist from behind and swung around by a pair of incredibly muscular arms, she heard a familiar chuckle and couldn’t deny the butterflies that were beginning to swarm in her stomach. “Lou! Put me down right now, I mean it, I will end you” she squealed as she swatted his arms until he finally put her down, removing his arms, much to Ellie’s disappointment. She turned to Harry, only to find him talking to Livvy intently “Hello, I’m Ellie, nice to meet you” she greeted him sweetly.

“Ah, so you’re the one who’s stolen my husband away from me, he didn’t do you any justice when he said you were pretty, it’s a pleasure, love” he smiled at her, kissing her outstretched hand lightly, smirking as he saw Louis scowl at him and Ellie blushing. She left him with her best friend, before turning to look up at Louis, he smiled down at her before pulling her into another warm hug, pressing his warm cheek against the top of her head lightly before pulling away and taking a step back to take a proper look at her.

“Are you sure you don’t have a boyfriend, Ellie? I’m beginning to think you’re pulling my leg, love” he asked as they trailed behind Harry and Livvy, who seemed to be getting along fabulously, both of them laughing at something he’d said. Ellie rolled her eyes at him and nudged him in the ribs with her elbow, he could be so ridiculous sometimes, he would never want her though, she wasn’t the girl that got the pretty boy in the end.

“You’re mental, Louis Tomlinson, has anyone ever told you that before?” she mumbled as she tried to calm her flaming cheeks, he laughed at her blushing face before wrapping an arm around her shoulder and bringing her close to him, hugging her tightly against his toned side. The butterflies erupted in Ellie’s stomach and she felt as though she was going to explode when he uttered his next words.
“C’mon pretty girl, let’s go and watch a movie”
[&&&]

They ended up settling on The Immortals, which Ellie was less than thrilled about, but Livvy was a horror movie buff and Ella wasn’t the argumentative type. She wasn’t necessarily thrilled about the choice though, she was the world’s biggest wimp, yet adored Supernatural, it was a little strange. This was supposed to be absolutely terrifying though, and she really wasn’t looking forward to the next two hours of her life.

“Cheer up Ellie, it’ll be fun” Louis teased her as he lead her down the steps to where they had decided to sit, Harry and Livvy had ditched them in favour of the back row, and Louis had announced that they were going to sit smack bang in the middle. She just pouted at him and allowed him to lead her to her seat, attempting to ignore the butterflies which were filling her stomach.

“You just like seeing me suffer, you’re mean” she grumbled at him as they sat down, and he just flashed her that flawlessly charming smile that made her heart stop in her chest. She was in over her head, and she knew it, she didn’t feel scared though and that surprised her. “Just watch the movie, silly boy” she mumbled as she looked away and blushed, making Lou chuckle at her softly.

She jumped as he moved the arm rest between them and scooted closer, wrapping his arm over her shoulder comfortably. She looked up at him and smiled, “Thanks” she whispered, and he just smiled in response before they both turned to watch the movie. Ellie couldn’t wipe the smile off of her face, she had never felt so euphorically happy before, and she didn’t want it to stop.

She was ripped from her thoughts when a grotesque monster appeared on the screen out of what seemed like nowhere, and caused Ellie to let out a small shriek before hiding her face in Louis’ strong shoulder. He chuckled softly as she kept her face there , “Calm down, I promise you that nothing will ever be able to hurt you for as long as i’m around, love” he whispered in her ear soothingly, and for the first time in her life, Ellie actually truly believed that he would protect her.A