Status: In progress

Untitled So Far (NaNoWriMo)

Prologue

The sun was shining bright that day as I swung in my backyard, daydreaming about the future. About Allen, and college, and the scary things that were going to be after I had to leave my parents house; but those fears were nothing to what was about to happen.

A shadow filled the sky as the wind suddenly rose, my hair beginning to whip around my face. "What the.." I looked into the sky, a dark figure hovering there. It didn't look like a plane, but who knows with all the new things the air force is always coming up with. I stared into the sky, bewildered, confused, and utterly terrified. That's when the unearthly light shot out of the thing, like a beam straight to the ground. Only inches away from me, I screamed and suddenly realized I needed to get away, far away. My heart was pounding in my ears and my legs felt like jelly as I tried to escape. But, fear was taking over, trying to paralyze me; I knew I had to keep running.

Suddenly, there he was, Allen. The love of my life, standing just outside the gate of my backyard. His face was twisted in horror as his eyes darted from the large thing in the sky, to me, to the beam of light just on my heels. "Allen!" I screamed in despair as the light hit me. The ground was no longer under my feet, I was running on air as the beam sucked me up into the ship.

"Callie!" Allen's strangled scream was the last thing I heard before I was pulled all the way into the ship, engulfed in darkness.