Stay Cruel and Represent

Chapter 2

The wistful purple clouds were literally speeding above me - making them nothing but streaks of lavender. The air left a static tingle on my skin. I looked out beyond the deserted street that I was standing on and swallowed hard. I could see someone walking slowly in the distance. It just then occurred to me that I was scared - and I'm not one to be scared. My eyes widened, and I opened my mouth to scream for the person in the distance. No sound left my lips. You couldn't even hear my quiet wince when I realized I was on mute.

"Gracie!"

The voice was shocked me out of my dream. I shot up into a sitting position while trying to catch my breath at the same time. I was panting.

"Grace, get up. You have seriously like two seconds to get some clothes on."

I knew that I shouldn’t have watched that horror movie before I hit the sack. My hands were shaking as I moved to find my lamps light switch. My bedroom was pitch black until I finally twisted the knob that lit up everything. I saw Scarlett standing at my bedroom door. She was wearing a pair of Victoria’s Secret yoga pants and a black woven sweater. Her dark red hair twisted in long curls over her shoulders.

“Come on, girl. We’ll meet you in the kitchen.” She said before turning around and closing the door behind her.

I shuffled out of bed, decked out in my nothing but my underwear and a black hoodie, and walked over to the army green armchair near my bedroom window to grab a pair of seriously ripped up jeans to pull on. To let the streetlights shine into my room, I yanked at the window blinds and glanced down at the empty street. I walked over to my mirror and wiped the smudged black mascara from under my eyes. I would have pulled up my hair but it looked fine in its super long blond and dark brown curls. I just pushed my side bangs out of my vision. I zipped up my hoodie another inch and yawned.

"What the fuck is going on?" I grumbled as I eventually joined Scarlett, Gabriel, and Dominik at the front door.

"Your brother is a fuckin' idiot." Dominik snapped, throwing on a jacket over the white t-shirt he slept in. He had on old Timberland boots and baggy, paint-splattered jeans. His light brown hair was in a mess. He was a big guy - big in muscle at least but not too tall. He looked incredibly irritated.
I slipped my feet into my short gray Ugg boots that were near the door.

"What happened?" I asked as the four of us filed out of our apartment and started walking down the hall towards the stairs.

"Matthew didn't come home," Gabriel said. He reached for Scarlett's hand as they shuffled down the stairs. He was wearing a leather jacket over a black Jockey t-shirt. "That dumb ass got shit-faced at that bar on 49th street and started fucking around with Vinny DeLucia's girlfriend. She was there, talkin' to the bar's owner about letting the Italian's use the space for a meetin' or something, and here comes stupid dumb fuck Matthew, too drunk to realize she's the Italian bosses woman, and ends up in a fight with her."

"How do you find out this shit?" I asked, following them outside onto the cool Manhattan streets. We walked in a small, tight group, moving in unison with quick, gliding footsteps.

"Mikey Walsh saw them cussing each other out when he walked by the bar," Gabriel elaborated. I wasn't surprised. When it comes to girls, Matthew was very... okay he was a pervert and a jerk. Almost any girl he comes onto ends up either spilling something on him or slapping him in the face. He honestly just doesn't know how to be a gentleman. "He called. It's only a matter of time before DeLucia shows up."

"Aw, fuck. There's gonna be a rumble." I joked.

Dominik smirked and shook his head. "Gracie, we are gonna go in there and take care of business. You and Scarlett are gonna stay outside and wait."

"What was the point of coming?" I snapped.

"You need to like, keep watch. If any of DeLucia's people show up while we're in there, you need to get my attention. We need to keep the police outta this, too." He explained. My jaw clenched in disappointment. I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest while followed silently for the rest of the walk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, subscribe, add as a friend, and leave me messages :)