Status: NaNoWriMo - 21,112 words.

Exits and Entrances

cady grisham.

I needed you, Tommy, and goddammit if my brain said one thing, because my body and my heart screams your name. I missed you and who you used to be, but at the same, I missed the future you, someone I hadn’t even met yet.

Caroline grumbled as we drove down to the mall, her constant therapy when her and anyone fought. She dragged me along too, but I didn’t mind. I needed new sweaters and Vans, and Caroline had said nothing about much of anything, when she suddenly spoke, about all things, you.

“I don’t like Tommy.” I thought we had moved on from you, to be honest, Tommy. But you know, thanks for absolutely nothing, Tommy, because I can hardly take what you’re doing to me without even realizing it. I shook my head.

“I know, okay, Caroline, but can I just-”

“I don’t like how he controls your every emotion when you aren’t even together, and I hate how bad you’re hurting because of him. And you know what I hate the most?” I cut her off, not looking away from the road, where green trees faded into smears of black and blue, like the bruises that lay across my legs from all the running so I could stay out of the house and from my parents.

“That he doesn’t even care?” I murmured. Caroline was silent. “You think I don’t hate what he’s done to me, and what’s he’s still doing? Caroline I want nothing more than to get angry and scream and yell in his face and let him know how I feel, Caroline. But you know what?” I said, tears beginning to threaten towards my eyes as Caroline pulled into the parking lot.

Memories of you flooded me like they always did, Tommy, and you know what? I was sick and tired of being your little bitch and not at least getting my own anger for it.
“I still love him, Caroline, and that’s why I can’t get angry and scream and get my feelings out. This is like you with Danny. You go back with him every time he pretends that he still cares, Caroline,” I said quietly, opening the Corolla’s door and slamming it behind, stalking off towards Kohl’s.

The flashbacks were getting so strong they hurt, and my headache was coming back like wild fire.

You and I at homecoming. You and I at prom. You and I at semiformal. You and I watching Paranormal Activity with me burying my face in your chest. You and I doing every single little thing imaginable together because goddammit, Tommy, I love you until the end of time.