Status: NaNoWriMo - 21,112 words.

Exits and Entrances

cady grisham.

I want to hate you so much, Tommy, but I just can’t.

Caroline tells me its because I still love you. You know she’s full of that bullshit. She keeps spitting out random things like, “If it still hurts, you still care”, and other things I don’t want to, and can’t, hear right now.

I found our photo booth pictures last night. You know, the ones where I can’t stop laughing for the life of me and you look at me with looks of love? I cried, you know. I cried harder than I did when I found out you cheated on me with that girl from the next town over.

Caroline isn’t helping me very much, you know, like she said she would. She makes everything about her, just like she always did, Tommy. I miss how you used to curl up beside me and kiss my cheek and squeeze my hand, and no words were needed, because I knew you had my back.

We were supposed to be cutest couple. I found out today. They were going to reserve it for seniors, but they just thought we were too cute. The day before they sent in the yearbook, however, the cutest couple died. They had that picture of us standing on the stairs, with me laughing at falling while you held me so close, saving me from impending doom.

Caroline nudges me with her elbow, pointing over at one of your new best friends, without realizing it I’m sure. “What about him, Cady? He’s cute, isn’t he?” And when I shake my head and try not to cry, she just sighs deeper, as if its all my fault. “You need to move on from the bag of dicks, Cady. He wasn’t what was good for you.” That’s what she calls you, Tommy. When she used to kiss the ground you walked on, praising everything you did, you’ve been reduced to a ‘bag of dicks’.

I hope you’re happy.