Status: Updates every four days.

The Kids From Yesterday

Five Minutes

Angel kicked the door open to reveal a crowded room. Everyone was a copy of Ivory. They spoke in unison.

“Hello, rebels including designations OR-720948, 1420871, 1420872, 1433626, as well as escaped residents “David Greene”, “Christofer Tennant”, “Thomas Smith” and “Elizabeth Lyndon”. Hello Uncatalogued organisms 17, 31, 107, 108, 109, as well as unknown organism.”

“Hey! just cause I’m in a power chair doesn’t make me different from the known organisms...” Dr. D shouted.

“I assume you are looking for Ivory. She is here, however will not be for long. In exactly five minutes, floor tile will be removed, and she shall be evacuated from the premises. Keep in mind that this is in the pure spirit of courtesy, so that you may see that our corporation is not, in fact, negatively impacting society. On behalf of Better Living Industries, we kindly request that you do not, in fact, injure anyone on the premises on account of damage being done to government property being punishable by jail time and a steep fine. Goodbye.”

Then they were silent, their false consciousness leaving us to find their only living replica. We grabbed our rayguns and got to work shooting through their heads. One by one, they fell, but no blood poured out. There were at least one hundred, probably much more. Every second felt like an hour. We were all waiting for the tile to move, spreading out to get one final shot at her, if we could. I shot at every one I saw, wanting something to be brushed red in a world of black and white. Silver started shouting in my ear about how much time was left.

“Thirty seconds left! Hurry it up!”

I saw a small movement in the corner of my eye. It was her, and she was moving. Above the sound of raygun blasts, I shouted for Angel to move toward the center of the room, and to tell the others to do the same. That was where she was heading. I ran after her towards the tile. Silver shouted again.

“Twenty seconds! Holy shit, Killer, don’t let her get to the tile!”
I almost grabbed her shirt before her androids blocked my path. She smiled back from her place on the tile as I shot down anything in my path. A humming grew in my ear as the tile began to move up slightly.

“Ten, now! Shoot her! Just fucking do it!”

Only three between us, now. I saw the others surrounding her too, having the same problems I was.

“Five!”

One android between her and I.

“Four!”

We faced each other, her smile growing sinister.

“Three!”

She drew her own raygun on me.

“Two!”

I shot at her, hoping she would get hit.

“One!”

The tile was gone, replaced by a deep hole. Ivory, however, was still in the room, desperately holding her wounded stomach in pain. She was trying to inch toward the hole.

“Goodbye.” I said, giving her a laser to the head. She was gone. Everyone else joined me in the center, staring at the woman who’d made our lives a living hell for the past thirteen years. When we looked back up, the remaining 30 androids were staring us down, rayguns in hand.

“We’re sorry, penalty for murder is execution, if you think there has been a mistake, please consult a Better Living Industries operative. Thank you.”

They almost shot us, until each and every one collapsed. in front of us. They revealed an open door, with Party Poison, Fun Ghoul, Jet Star, and Kobra Kid standing in the doorway.

“You should probably check for an off switch next time...” Poison said, twirling his raygun around his finger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's late... like really late. This is the second to last chapter. The only thing left is an epilogue. So... yeah. Hope the ending to this little story didn't suck too much.