Sequel: Rocks Painted Gold
Status: As of April 14th 2013 new and improved chapters of Promise Me The Stars have begun to be published on Mibba :)

Promise Me The Stars

Things Change, But Don't Give Up

Hazel sat there in shock. She never thought this could ever happen. She never could imagine anything like this happening. She was her rock, besides her brother, and now she's gone. She was Hazel's best friend, she was her mom, and now she's gone. Because of an illness she didn't want to tell them about for 'their own good' as the letters put it.

Hazel's twin brother, Forest, walked up and pulled her into his arms.That's when she finally broke for the first time since the funeral.

"Why!" She screamed into Forest's chest, gripping onto the grey t-shirt he was wearing.

Her mother was gone, never coming back.

This is the story of Hazel Scarlet Baker and Forest Shadow Baker. The unknown twins fathered by Zachary James Baker.

-One Week Later -


Hazel sighed as she packed her last box and taped it closed. Hazel and her brother were going to California to move in with their dad, the dad who they've never met. The only thing Hazel knows about her dad is that he's a famous rock star, he plays guitar, he’s insanely rich, and his name is Zacky Baker.

It made sense now, why Forest and Hazel can play guitar so effortlessly. Why her last name was Baker and not Westfield. Why both of them barely looked like their mom, except they both had her nose.

"Are you ready? The moving trucks are here and Kat is here to take us to the airport." Forest said from the doorway of Hazel's empty room.

She nodded again and sighed, looking around the beige room for what was going to be the last time. Some of the best times were spent in that room. Before, it was adorned with posters covering every inch of the wall, and Hazel's huge bed in the middle, with a window that had a seat which overlooked the front yard. It was her sanctuary and now it was torn apart and bare, nothing seemed to be right anymore.

Hazel followed Forest out of the house slowly, admiring everything in the house. There were two trucks in front and men were putting all the boxes in the back. The twins' friend, Kat, was parked by the sidewalk leaning against her car with a sad smile on her face. Hazel ran up to her and hugged her tightly.

"Promise me that you'll call me every day or I’ll fly out to California myself to beat you up. Okay?" Hazel laughed at her and wiped away the tears that had escaped.

"I'll try the best I can." Hazel turned back and looked at Forest as he stood there staring at the house. His hands were shoved in his pockets and his head hung once he turned from the house and headed for the car.

They climbed into her car and set off for the airport. Hazel looked at all the scenery as they passed. She would miss this place so much. This was her home; it made her who she was today.

"I'm gonna miss you both." Kat whispered as they all hugged for the last time in the seating area in the airport.

"Flight 1247; Huntington Beach, California. Boarding Now." A woman's voice over the intercom interuppted their goodbyes.

"Time to go sis." Forest said grabbing her hand in his, a sign that he was nervous.

They waved one last time to Kat and then headed down the walkway onto the plane. Once they found their seats and were all settled in Hazel asked Forest something.

"Do you think he'll like us?"

Forest sat there a moment thinking for the right thing to say. But he didn't exactly know the right thing to say, so he said what he was thinking.

"I don't know Hazel, I don't know."
♠ ♠ ♠
So the first chapter to a new story i've taken over writing. Enjoy! :)