Sequel: Rocks Painted Gold
Status: As of April 14th 2013 new and improved chapters of Promise Me The Stars have begun to be published on Mibba :)

Promise Me The Stars

Far From Small Talk.

Forest watched his sister sleep on the seat next to him. The plane would be landing soon and he should probably wake her up but he knew Hazel needed the sleep. He found himself thinking about his mother again. Tears burned his eyes and he blinked them away. He couldn't think about her, not right now. They were about to meet their dad and he didn't want to meet him with blood shot eyes. He had to be the strong one. To show his dad that even though he was their father, Forest was still tough. And that he could still, maybe, kick his ass if it was to protect his sister.

The plane touched down softly in Huntington Beach, California. Forest shook Hazel softly trying to get her to wake up.

"Hazel it's time to wake up." he muttered quietly. She mumbled something and began to sit up. Her hair was frizzy and sticking up in places and it made Forest chuckle.

"Remember to go to the bathroom before we meet him."

"Why?" She asked looking at her twin confused. Forest chuckled and shook his head.

"Just remember to." Hazel rolled her eyes and they started to make their way towards the front of the plane to exit. Forest really just wanted to escape the tightly closed space. He had never been a fan of enclosed spaces, or people really.

Hazel rushed towards the bathroom as Forest looked around for anyone that would look remotely like him and his sister. He spotted someone in the back just as Hazel walked up and slapped him on the arm.

"How could you not tell me my hair was insane?" she hissed. Forest just laughed and shrugged.

"Back to the most important thing of the day Hazel. I think that's him in the back." he said flicking his head towards a man standing in the back of the crowd of people.

He was slightly taller then Forest himself. A little pudgy, snakebites in his mouth and a septum piercing. He was standing there like he didn’t want to be there at all. Forest sighed and grabbed Hazel’s hand in his as they made their way towards the guy. Hazel stared at the man with a slight smile on her face, he looked friendly enough.

“Zacky Baker?” Forest asked. The man turned around and cleared his throat quickly.

“Forest? Hazel?” he asked looking at the two.

“I’m Forest.” he said quietly and Hazel smiled widely.

“I’m Hazel.” her hand shot out in front of her and Zacky looked at it for a second. Her smile faltered and her hand dropped back down to her side.

“Sorry it’s still…..sort of a shock to me.” Zacky muttered.

“Us to.” Forest said letting go of Hazel’s hand and heading towards the baggage claim.

“He isn’t too keen on the idea of just now meeting our father.” Hazel said her arms at her sides. Zacky looked at the girl and smiled.

“It’s okay. We all have to get used to it and it’ll take time. Lets go get your bags.” he said. Hazel smiled and skipped next to Zacky her father to the baggage claim.

The car ride was full of forced small talk. Forest didn't want to talk at all, Zacky was uncomfortable, and Hazel just wanted to find everything out about her father as she could.

But she could feel Forest's hatred towards their father and she worried he would get mad if she just started to spew out questions at the man. And it would probably make Zacky more uncomfortable anyway. The car lulled into a tense silence as they turned into a neighborhood off the busy street.

It was full of huge houses, private gates at almost every one, security guards at most of them. Zacky pulled up to a house with a black iron gate at the front. Forest watched as he went on punching in a code and then burned the numbers into his brain. He made it look like he was just watching in curiosity but really he was making sure he knew how to get out and in whenever he wanted to.

"How do you get out when the box is out here?" he asked. Zacky glanced at him surprised that someone had spoken after such a long time of silence.

"You have to tell the security guards and they'll open it you us." Forest nodded and noted that he needed to make nice with the security guards.

"Your house is so big." Hazel said staring out the window with wide curious eyes. It reminded Forest of a four year old to be honest.

"Yea. It helps having money." he muttered. Forest rolled his eyes lightly and took his seat belt off as they pulled up to the doors. As they got out a man pulled up in an Escalade.

"That's my friend Matt. I'll go talk to him real quick so you can start getting the bags if you want." Zacky said getting out and closing the door, leaving the twins in the car as he sensed they wanted to talk alone.

"I like him." Hazel said. She leaned up between the two seats to look at her brother, "Do you?"

Forest looked at his sister for a second and tried to cover up the growing hatred he had towards his father.

"Yea, I like him enough." He lied through his clenched teeth, getting out of the car.

As he shoved the trunk open and started pulling the bags out of the car and shoving them to the ground he thought about the hate that brewed inside him.

He hated that he had to be here. That his mother was gone. That his father was acting like they were just his little house guests instead of the two kids he never knew. The two kids that had just lost their mother. He hated that Zacky didn't show any compassion for the situation that they were in. He didn't even say sorry for their loss. He didn't care about them. They were just a burden. Sure he was in a sticky situation too but....

"Forest!" He snapped out of his thoughts as his sister looked at him.

"What?" he asked.

"You ran out of bags to throw." she stated pointing to the trunk. He glanced at it and noticed it empty, then noticed the pile of bags on the ground.

He felt eyes burning on his back and he turned and looked at his father and the guy he had called Matt. The Matt guy was huge, with a lip piercing. He had aviators placed firmly on his face and a bandanna with a backwards hat on his head. Forest turned back to his sister and shoved the trunk closed with a bang.

"Sorry, I was thinking." he stated. Hazel smiled and turned to their father.

"When's the moving trunk with our stuff supposed to arrive?" she asked. Zacky scratched the back of his head a shrugged.

"Soon I'm sure." he started walking over, "But let's get this stuff inside." he said picking up two suitcases and heading towards the door.

Hazel grabbed her backpack and then went after him as Forest bent down and started gathering the last four suitcases, getting a little annoyed that Hazel had only grabbed her backpack.

Two large hands came into his view and grabbed two. Forest looked up and spotted Matt looking down at him from far above Forest.

"He's real excited that you're here you know." his voice was loud and deep and it reminded Forest of a boyfriend his mom had, had once.

Forest scoffed at Matt's words and pulled the suitcases up from the ground.

"Sure acts like it." he said sarcastically.

"Give him a chance Forest. He doesn't know how to take care of kids. Let alone two teenagers that just showed up out of nowhere claiming to be his." Forest fumed at his words. Is that all they thought of him and his sister?

"Yea well if it was my choice I wouldn't be here." Forest said storming towards the door.

"I didn't mean it like that." Matt tried to explain himself on what he had said but it was too late for that.

"I know what you think though. We're just a burden. Just going to get in the way. I know who you are, listened to your music. I know you're going on tour soon again. We're just going to get in the way of that aren't we? Do you even have any idea who my mother was? Did you know her at all or was she just one of Zacky's one night stands? I'm sorry that we're in your way but our mother is dead and we're stuck here with him." Forest spat at him, nearly dropping the bags from being so angry.

Forest looked down at the ground before mumbling to himself, "I just want to go home."

He walked inside and Matt stared at Forest's disappearing back speechless. He knew they were hurting inside because of their mother, who wouldn't be hurting because their mother died? But he didn't know that's how Forest felt about the whole thing, well now he did. And it made Matt want to get to know the kid even more. He just hoped Zacky would accept the two and be a father that they needed at a time like this.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the first chapter from me, the new author yay! So if you see any spelling mistakes or errors please tell me and i'll fix them.

So a summery of the chapter.
Forest is more hateful towards Zacky and the situation then Hazel is and Matt wants to learn more about the twins.

The rest of the guys should appear in the next chapter or so.

Subscribe and comment please :)