Sequel: There You Are

Here I Am

Twelve

It was the night we played the Carolina Hurricanes and Razor got the go for in net tonight.

“So I get to stare at the back of your head tonight, making funny faces at you?” Delia asked innocently as I got ready to sit on the bench. Which was fine by me. I could use a short break.

I snorted. “Please, you do that already, even when I’m in net.”

She grinned, showing her teeth, amused by my statement. “I don’t deny it. I do indeed make faces at you while you’re in goal, but it’s only when they’re playing the puck at the other end.”

I rolled my eyes and lightly shoved her. Riley ran past us, shrieking as Coach and Scott chased him, playing tag.

“So, Eric is here tonight,” I stated awkwardly.

She rolled her eyes that time. “Well it’s not like I can waltz in there and announce my presence.”

“Why not?” Krugs walked past. “You do it all the time here.”

“Well. . . .” she started. “Yeah, I got nothing. I’ll announce my presence after the game.”

~~~~~

She asked me to come with her and I was more than happy to comply with her, especially since I was going to go anyways, no matter if she asked or not.

“Do I knock or like walk in? You can help me out here,” she turned to me, crossing her arms over her recently acquired Corey Crawford shirt. Yeah, that’s right folks. She was wearing my shirt.

“Whatever feels right to you,” I shrugged.

She sighed. “Fine. But you brought this embarrassment upon yourself,” she warned and I waited.

She pushed open the door. “ERIC STAAL IT’S AN EMERGENCY!” she screamed and let the door close again. “I wonder if it will work.”

“That’s your plan?” I gave her a look. “You seriously need to work on your people skills,” I said to her.

“Hey now. I’ve got friends,” she pointed out. “Like a certain goaltender and a few misfit friends.”

“Hey!” a familiar voice sounded only slightly hurt. “We are not misfit!” Krugs strode up, captain by his side.

The door swung open and Eric Staal came out, surprised to see us all. “Is this some kind of joke?” he asked, warily.

I was going to introduce everyone, but Delia beat me to it. “My name is Delia Staal. I don’t believe we are related but I’ve been told otherwise.”

He stared down at her, curiosity plain on his face. “Well you’re certainly as weird as Delia was. You have the blue eyes. Why are you choosing now to reveal yourself?” he asked.

“Dude, I’m not a magician,” she said plainly. “I don’t reveal myself to anyone. I don’t even remember you people. But my people met up with your people and your people was all like “we’re cousins!” and so I am now beginning to question my original thought.”

He turned to me, Kruger, and Toews, before looking at Delia again. “You have to be her. I have not anyone more sassy than you in all my life. You look different.”

“Well yeah,” she scoffed. “I did probably grow a few inches and you know some assets.”

Eric smirked and he started to laugh. “Yeah, you haven’t changed a bit, have you?”

She shrugged. “So it’s an official confirmation? We’re cousins. You seem me and you say yes?”

“We’re not getting married Delia, so try not to make it sound like an oath or anything.” He smiled. “But yes, we are cousins I believe.”

Delia wiped her forehead with the back of her hand. “Thank God. Now you all can stop questioning me!” she turned back to us. “And you can stop researching me at every corner mister,” she eyed Toews. “It was nice re-meeting you Eric Staal but I do have a kid to chase down.”

“You’re married?” he asked. “To whom?” his eyes roamed over the three of us.

“My bed. We got married last year actually. No one you fool. I’m a nanny,” she scoffed and waltzed off to find Riley.

“Well she told you,” Tazer said, trying not to laugh.

“Jordan really wants to see her really bad. Like he was going to ditch his game against the Senators to come with me and see her kind of bad,” Eric said, still watching Delia ambled away to find Riley.

“We don’t play them again,” Krugs said.

“Just tell the blonde idiot to jump on a plane and surprise her. I’m sure she’ll be thrilled,” Toews smiled.

“Either that or just punch him in the face,” I offered.

Eric just smiled and shook his head. “I’ll let him know. Maybe we’ll come here for Christmas or something.”

“I’m sure she’ll like that,” I said.

“You think so?”

I shrugged. “Why not? You guys are family after all. Families have Christmas together. In theory that is,” I added on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be lovely!