Status: hiatus. Slow updates

A Faint Illusion

I Owe You Every Day I Wake

I am heaven sent, don't you dare forget.

September passed without a single incident or word spoken. I avoided both Sykes boys to the best of my ability. I was overly cheerful to no longer see Tom lurking around campus as he attended his completely useless art classes. 
We all knew he didn't need them. 

According to Jona, Oliver had spent a large portion of his time in the Drop Dead shop. This was nice on my behalf. Oli wouldn't be trying to play Dr. Phil for quite sometime now. 

Elizabeth seemed to be buried under her coursework while I giggled at her from afar clutching my Liberal Arts future. 

And then here I was again. Standing in front of a mirror with Elizabeth. I was the one more content with staying home. 

"It won't be that bad." Elizabeth tried to reassure. I shuddered smoothing out her pink leotard. 
"Human interaction is more terrifying than the horror movies on the telly." I countered pulling my chocolate brown hair up in a ponytail. Her own blonde hair in a tight bun followed by a small shimmery tiara. A ballerina. How suiting for her. 

Pulling the black leather jacket over my shoulders, I glanced at our reflections once more. Tight dark blue jeans, white v-neck and a black leather jacket and black oxfords. 
I really go all out for Halloween.

&&

"What the fuck are you supposed to be?" Matt laughed sipping his drink as he let us into the actually busy household. 
Girls dressed in lingerie practically hung from the walls. I could make out a few recognizable faces. Girls in my lecture. Bands the boys were friends with. Jona. Oli as what looked like a giant mouse? We haven't really figured it out. 
Elizabeth let out a snort as the host approached us. 

"Why are you laughing?" he asked Elizabeth with a shake of his head. "My mum made it. I look good." he added quickly like a helpless child.  

He shook his head once more hanging Elizabeth a red cup as if he were signaling her to go mingle. 

"This is a Halloween party Pans, the least you could of done was dress up. You look like yourself..." he trailed off his eyes wandering back down to my outfit before it was back to my face. 

"I am something!" I exclaimed throwing my hands in the air. 

"Why are you here?" Oli asked sincerely. He left tattooed hand pulling the hood back to his costume as his fingers crept around his neck. 

My cheeks began to redden with the realization that I was probably very unwelcome here. Although I was invited, the Sykes boys probably didn't want to see and/or deal with me at the moment. 

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing would come out. I shrugged and turned around slowly making my descent to the front door. 

"That's not what I meant." he called out, his hand grabbing my forearm. "I'm glad you came." he whispered, pulling me into his felt covered arms. 

&&

Nothing good lasts forever. Nothing ever lasts forever. It was something was I coping with. Something that I had to learn to deal. 
How to deal. Back to that stupid little concept. That stupid concept we were never taught in school nor by our parents. And boy did it fucking suck. 

Tom wore a similar costume to his brothers. His an off shade of tan with a light pink belly. If it weren't for his lingering taste in my mouth along with the lingering heartache. I'd say he looked pretty damn adorable. My self-inflicted smile soon turned into a jealous scowl. 

Sometimes I wonder if the worlds so small
♠ ♠ ♠
If I could I would shrink myself sink into your skin through your blood cells remove whatever makes you hurt but I am too weak to be your cure.

Thank you everyone for your comments and your subscribes and your patience. Feel like this one is shittttttay. It may be rewritten