A Pokemon Story- I'm going to be a Ditto

So I'm a ditto

I woke suddenly, staring about, feeling that familiar leaping sensation in my stomach. All I saw about me were trees and grass and a couple of flowers. Had there been another dimension change? It happened so frequently... and suddenly I realised that something was very wrong. My body didn’t feel like MY body. Well, it had happened before. I had jumped into different places and become different people before, so it shouldn’t surprise me so much. But this one did. I looked down to see who I had become, and instead found myself asking “what have I become?” For my body seemed to be a squeamish pink mass.

I moved what felt like my arm and a pink blob seemed to raise itself next to me. My feet were more of this strange pink mass and my body seemed to be made entirely of it. I looked over at the tree closest to me and determined from that that whatever I was, I was small. The tree towered over me, the closest branch seemingly five times higher than I was. I tried to lift my foot to move, overbalanced and fell over. Above me, the branches swayed merrily, leaves dancing about teasingly. How was I supposed to move? I tried pulling myself up, but my body seemed to merge in on itself and I was reminded of that movie, Blubber, with the bouncing green ball of sticky stuff or whatever it was. Imagining I was this, I pulled myself upright by rolling my body about in a strange fashion. How was I supposed to get used to this?

“Anyway, first thing’s first”, I thought. “I have to find someone to talk to and work out where I am. Then, hopefully at the same time, I have to work out what I am.” I turned myself about and started walking towards the nearest tree.

All at once something jumped out right near me and I flinched backwards. Some sort of massive bug seemed to be standing in front of me, and I freaked out completely.
“Ahhhhhhh!” I screamed.
“Whoa, what’s wrong? It’s like you’ve never seen a caterpie before!” said a voice nearby. Shocked at these words, I looked at the bug, which was indeed a caterpie, talking to me. Somehow I could hear it simply repeating its name again and again, but I could understand it as speech.
“Uh, hello?” I said while thinking ‘Oh holy crapdoodles I’m a pokemon in the pokemon world. Where abouts? What pokemon am I?” And all of a sudden it hit me. What pokemon looks like a pink blob? A ditto, of course.
“Hi there, I’m caterpie!” said the caterpie that I was currently ignoring as these revelations hit me. This was perfect! Well, it wasn’t quite perfect, because whenever I’d imagined myself going to the pokemon dimension I’d always been a pokemon trainer, but hey, I was the pokemon that could transform into ANY OTHER POKEMON. And if I had remembered the series correctly, I could transform into other things as well. I looked over at the caterpie.
“So where exactly am I?” I said, while staring hard at it, taking in all of its features. How was I supposed to transform into it?
“Well you’re in a forest.” Big help, thanks caterpie. I looked at all of its little legs and found myself rather jealous. At that point my body started heating up and I knew instantly what was happening. I felt as though I were made of gas, and all of a sudden, those little legs belonged to me. Caterpie stared at me.
“Oh my gosh, you’re a caterpie!”
I looked around, suddenly seeing so much more. My eyes must have been huge, because everything seemed amplified. The tree still looked big, but as I looked, I could see every piece of bark, count every leaf from the nearest branch. And those legs! Finally I could move. It was the strangest feeling, but it was better than being a blob.
“So caterpie, which forest are we in?” I asked it.
“Ummm...” it said, still staring at me.
“Oh, I’m a ditto, I can transform into other pokemon, don’t let it freak you out.”
“Uh, okay... well I don’t know the name of this forest, it’s just a forest.”
“Right,” I said, thinking hard. I needed to get to civilisation and possibly find some humans. If I could simply find someone and ask them where I was, I’m sure they could tell me and possibly help me out. I’d need to worry about breakfast soon, too. Actually...
“Caterpie, what time is it?”
“Time?” it asked.
Oh gosh. “You know, how far through the day is it? Is it morning or evening?”
“Oh!” said the caterpie. Man we really did have massive eyes. “It’s morning, the sun rose not long ago.”
“Okay sweet, no time changes.” I said out loud.
“Where did you come from?”
“Uh, somewhere far away. Listen caterpie, how do I get to the nearest town?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So the protagonist, Kari, has found herself lying in the pokemon world in a forest as a ditto. She transforms into the first pokemon she comes across, a caterpie, and sets out on her journey. By the way guys, comments are greatly appreciated. Anyone have any suggestions for my story? I'd love to come across a legendary pokemon at some stage, anyone got any favourites?