A Pokemon Story- I'm going to be a Ditto

Hey look, a trainer!

Man, I was zooming. These little legs of mine could speed! Grass whipped across my face as I ran, pelting my way across the ground. I hadn’t come across any other pokemon, but I sure had been thinking. If I was a caterpie, odds are I was in the first region, Kanto. With the first 151 pokemon, my favourite. I guess there could be other types of pokemon in this region now seeing as there were so many, and it was possible that caterpie could be in other regions, but I was hoping I was in Kanto.

I skipped around another tree and skidded to a halt. There was a path before me. Paths were good. Paths took you somewhere. I said ‘paths’ out loud and realised what a weird word it was. Then I turned and started following the dirt- trodden road out of that forest. I was starting to get tired, but I ignored this and marched on, loving the high-speed feeling.

I felt a strange sensation beneath me and stopped. Was there an earthquake happening or something? The ground beneath me shuddered, and after a few moments I realised there were footsteps. To a small caterpie like me, everything must be magnified, even steps. I turned around, wondering what was causing the commotion, and found myself staring at a pair of legs. I tilted my head backwards, straining to get a look at whoever stood before me, and saw a young girl, perhaps a few years younger than me, with dark blonde hair tied back in a ponytail and pale blue eyes that were looking down at me.
“Oh look, a caterpie!” she cried out joyfully.
I relaxed, having finally found someone. “Hey!” I called up at her. “Can you tell me where I am?”
And with a shock I realised that while I understood what I had said, all that had come out of my mouth was a shrill ‘ca-ter-ca-ter-piiiiiieeeeee’.
“Oh my gosh you’re so cute!” she cried at me, and bent down to pick me up. Her warm hands wrapped around my whole body and I was lifted off the ground, shooting up into the air, finding myself suddenly right in front of her face.
“Aren’t you just adorable?” she cooed.
“Put me down!” I yelled at her, squirming about, and another high-pitched ‘piiiiieeee’ escaped my lips.
“Yes you are! Yes you are!” she said to me like I was a baby. Or a cute little caterpie. Suddenly I disapproved of the form I was in and as I thought this, heat started enveloping my body again. I saw the girl’s expression turn from glee to shock, and ignored it. All of a sudden I was a ditto again.

In shock, the girl dropped me. I hit the floor but my elastic body received no pain from this. The girl tripped backwards a few steps before quickly whipping out what I recognised as a pokedex. She held the red device in her hand as a scanner seemed to whiz over my body and suddenly a robotic male voice was saying- “Ditto. A transformation pokemon. Ditto rearranges its cell structure to transform itself. However, if it tries to change based on its memory, it will get details wrong.”
“Wow, a ditto! You can transform? I’m going to capture you!”
This hit me suddenly. She was a trainer. I was a pokemon. She could capture me inside a pokeball and trap me into her servitude forever. There was NO WAY I was staying with THIS girl.

The girl pulled a small red and white ball from a belt at her waist and pressed the middle button. The ball instantly swelled in her hand to its normal size, and she threw it down onto the ground in front of me. She must have been releasing a pokemon. And indeed, with a red flash of light, a small green-coloured pokemon with a bulb on its back.
“Hey cool, you’re a bulbasaur!” I said to it. The bulbasaur grinned back at me.
“Damn straight I am,” he replied.
“Okay, bulbasaur!” the girl cried, “Use tackle attack!”
It was my turn to grin. How much could a tackle attack do against my elastic body? I had better transform quickly, though. If I transformed into bulbasaur, could I remember it and use that for later? Maybe I should transform into as many different pokemon as I came across in case I needed to use them again for their certain type advantages and so on and so forth.

Bulbasaur charged at me, determination written across his face. I stood my ground, preparing to withstand his attack.
BAM!
I was sent flying, and crashed backwards onto the ground. Ouch! I had NOT been expecting that. What the hell? Surely ditto should be able to withstand that! Then another thought crossed my mind. Pokemon wasn’t just about type advantages. In all the games it was about levels, too. Was I a weak levelled pokemon?
“Good work, bulbasaur! Now to use my pokeball!”
Oh gosh. I quickly jumped up. It was now or never. I looked at bulbasaur and thought about how much I wanted to transform into him. As soon as the word transform crossed my mind, the process started. The heat took over once more, and in seconds, my body had changed. I had four slightly stumpy legs, a neat bulb on my back and a large mouth beneath my wicked red eyes. I’d always liked bulbasaur. He was a neat green colour and one of the starters, and the first three starters were my favourite.

I was interrupted as a red ball soared towards me and I quickly leapt out of the way. I heard the girl cry out in frustration and instead turned to the bulbasaur staring at me.
“Surprised?” I asked.
“You’re a bulbasaur?”
“Damn straight I am,” I replied, barely suppressing MY grin. I thought about all the moves I assumed bulbasaur would have, and quickly settled on vine whip. These vines suddenly came shooting out from my sides, and they felt like really long arms to me. I saw the girl start to throw another pokeball at me, and simply slapped it away before it reached me. I turned to the bulbasaur.
“I don’t want to hurt you, but I don’t want to be captured,” I said to it, then slapped its flank with my second vine before charging at it and headbutting it. The bulbasaur fell backwards and I heard the girl getting all upset. To be honest I didn’t really care. Taking this as good an opportunity as any, I turned around and hightailed it outta there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kari has realised that because she's a pokemon, she could easily be captured by a trainer. She'll have to be much more careful now. Next up, finding out where she is and getting to the nearest town!