Sequel: Pins and Needles

Philly Ink

Jimmy Pop goes to Philly

(Lauren's POV)

Vanilla latte with an extra shot and whip cream. Smelling it before taking a sip, I looked around the cafe once more before sighing in defeat. Clinging the mug onto the glass table again, it felt as though time froze. It seemed like it was 11:30 am the last time I checked my watch about twenty minutes ago. Yet it still said 11:30. “L-Mare!” turning my head slightly towards my 'ink name' I was relieved to see the person I was waiting for.

So much so I ran at him and jumped into a hug “JIMMY POPSTICK!” it came out as a screech that scared half the cafe into silence.

“So what is the cause of me being here so early.” giving me a pout face I returned the favor “That's not fair Boo!”

Giggling, I sat back down at the table and passed him the pile of printouts I had been rummaging through. “Need a outside voice in this.”

“Why aren't there any in Allentown?” fanning all the pages of property listings across the table he closed his eyes and randomly pointed at one. “Here you go.” lifting it up Jimmy cleared his throat “Six bedroom, three baths, blah blah blah, oh wait, it's in Glen Mills, it's too far from where I live.” tossing the page behind him, I held in a laugh. “It's even a hike to Philly.”

Nodding I took a sip of my espresso. “I just wanna live in-”

“Why are none of these even in Philly?” Jimmy cut me off “Like have you looked around there at all?”

Nodding again, I lowered the cup “I don't want to live there again because-”

“But you're tattoo shop is going to be in Philly though right? So how are you going to manage that one if you can't even go and look at condos there?” Stupid Jimmy Pop always being right!

“No idea.” I felt so defeated. I was going to have to get over my dislike of Philadelphia if I was going to be building a shop there.

Jimmy took all the pages and grouped them back together. Could only watch as he stood up and threw them out “Come on Boo, we goin' Philly house shopping.” Laughing, I held my head this was going to be an interesting day.

After parking the car in a expensive parking garage, Jimmy took my hand and proceeded to show me the city I had not only once lived in, but would skip school to go roam with Bam and Jess. “Now” he started walking in circles “which way is north?”

“Let's look up by Chestnut St.” I giggled before pulling him in the direction. “Besides, I'm not found of South Philly.” The sidewalks were full of people shopping as we reached the retail stores. Getting just past all the random shops, I stopped walking and stared at the building in front of me. Huge glass pieces where held together by green pieces of wood. The face of the building was of brick which gave it a old look. Reading the sign better I smiled a little. “Office space and joined apartment.”

Couldn't help but laugh when the rockstar started inspecting the building's exterior. “It's kinda cool for a Philly place. Not as cool as if it were in Allentown though, just saying.”

“Jimmy!”

“Fine, fine! Least I … yup! I can sneak in that window if I climb up the Sailor Jerry sign.” he motioned between the vintage sign and the window, which he couldn't reach if he wanted to in the first place.

Of course I didn't catch on to what he said at first. “Wait! Sailor Jerry? LOVE that store! The old Norman Collin's tattoo designs are killer and totally old school!”

“So call them up.” pointing at the phone number on the sign, I followed his finger and sighed. Mean what was the worse a phone call could do? Right?

Within a half hour I was walking to the space and taking it all in. There was potential, as long as I had a carpenter come in and overhaul the whole thing. “So the rental price is about thirty-five a square foot per year. The apartment rent is a grand a month, everything included.” Ignoring the price, I noticed the walls had actual pipes coming out of them here and there. Gave the place a hardcore feel. “The last thing in this place was a cafe. So there is still a working kitchen in the back.”

“L-Mare, you can sell cupcakes and tattoos.” Looking at Jimmy I noticed something “Would have to get a tattoo in order to buy a cupcake huh?”

A knock sounded on the door and I looked out to see Babs banging away. “Lauren!”

“Babs!” running over, I unlocked the door and took in my friend's appearance. Comfy Ugg boots, faded and bedazzled skinny jeans along with a cut up tee from the shop she worked at. A long sleeved tee underneath highlighted the cuts in the shirt perfectly. Meanwhile I stood there in yoga pants and a striped sweater. Was low on clean clothes, and couldn't send what I had out to laundry. The hotel staff was still pissed at me. A little girl I had heard so much about, but never seen in real life clung to her hand. “What's wrong with Vern Jr?” Babs was on the verge of a Miller warpath but I knew it would blow over. Or I would make her stop in her tracks. “Mean what's wrong with calling her by her father's name? Sure didn't give her his last name.”

Babs' face changed instantly “So this is the space you are thinking about huh?” nodding her head she started shaking it “Needs a Glomb touch.”

“No shit, calling him right after I leave here. Thinking desk there in the lobby and putting up a wall, no curtains to block off the actual tattooing area.” motioning where I thought the cut off should be, the property owner raised a brow while Jimmy Pop took over.

Standing in a designer like pose, he actually snapped his fingers “Now, I've seen enough crappy design shows and spent enough time around Bam to know it needs to be dramatic and dangerous. You need a full skate ramp, a stage for Bloodhound Gang shows, and a place to sell cupcakes.”

“Why cupcakes?” My future co-owner threw up her free hand as the younger Miller started giggling much like her uncle when a candy bar is waved in front of him. “Can you even skate still?”

I was offended “Is my last name still Margera?”

“It could be Pop.” the wink I got from Jimmy caused me to loose it, until I figured out he was being serious.