Sequel: Pins and Needles

Philly Ink

Runaway Chaser

(Bam's POV)

“So, thinking for your birthday we could do something low key, like a huge party at the Note.” My wife was pacing in the living room with a clipboard. She had been doing this for about an hour now. “But it's so close and I don't know who I would be able to get to play and- you mind helping?”

I needed a reason to leave and quickly. “Can't, have a baby sister to annoy and you always tell me to spend more time with family, so.” grabbing my jacket, I left without another word. It's what she gets for annoying me about the importance of family. Lauren was just going to end up the victim in it all.

With my sister's hotel just ahead, I couldn't help but feel grateful for her to be back in town. Only took ten years, but it was ten years I needed to make up. Lauren took Paul's death horribly but think seeing your boyfriend overdose on weed and stumble into traffic can cause a slight mental breakdown. She was so different afterward.

Sliding glass doors opened as I approached them. At the desk a guy stood and on sight of me started cringing. “I'm here to visit Lauren Margera.”

“Miss Margera is no longer staying in this hotel.”

What? All my thoughts rushed to how she could leave us all again like this! I had spent months tracking her down when she moved to Finland and kept tabs on her while she was in LA. “Did she say where she was going?” holding my face up I released a sigh, how could she leave again?

They didn't have any leads except to say that Abigail Miller had been the only other person to visit her, which meant that's where I was headed. By the time I had reached Jesses' house I had called my little sister's phone a good 15 times. Course there was no answer. “Jess! Get in the car!”

“I don't fit in the Lambo!” Jess smirked before waving good bye to his wife “Kell, Bam and I have an important mission. I'll be back late.” taking the passenger seat, he looked over at me “So Kildaire's or Duffer's?”

Had to stop laughing before I even started “No pub crawl today, Lauren skipped out of her hotel.”

“So.” chuckling he pointed at Duffer's as we passed by “She's a big girl now Bam”

“Are we legally able to get her passport frozen?” it was a serious thought, only to me. “Stop laughing Jess. Call Phil and find out!”

The entire drive into Philadelphia Jess had been shooting down every idea I had. “So you are my back up if this goes bad.”

“It's Abby, Bam … what is she gonna do?” Chuckling, Jess attempted to start getting out of the Italian car. It was a sight that made me lose it.

Jess knocked on the door as I stood off to the side. If she had seen me then I wasn't going to get any information from her. “Hey Abby, Bam wants to know if you know where Lauren ran away too this time so he can send spies after her again.” the statement would have worked, if Jess hadn't of been pointing right at me. This was gonna be bad.

“BRANDON COLE MARGERA! You KNOW you are NOT allowed here! The last fucken thing I need is my daughter catching any of your Jackass Illness!” she looked like a mother bear about to pounce on a hunter. “Now get out of here before Claudia comes home from-”

“Mom, he looks like Aunt L!” the girl looked up at me and smiled “She gave me a whole box of candy!”

“This the midget in question?” it came out of my mouth faster than I thought it.

Abby moved out of the way, only to force the young Miller inside “Just go to Sailor Jerry's already.” the door slammed shut and I was subjected to Jess' chuckling.

“When will you two learn not to call the children midgets?” sighing my older more mature brother wiped a tear away. “like you and the youngest make my life so entertaining.”

I felt my last restraint snap. “You think this whole situation is funny? All you do is laugh off this shit! Our little sister is afraid to be home cause of her past and is obviously still in pain ten years after the fact, but lets laugh about her running from everything!” seeing him smile more I felt it all come out as though I had been watching it all as a third person. “but it's ok, lets laugh at all her pain and ignore it all as she throw away more years of her life!” walking to the car, I remotely started it. “Get in the car so we can see what the fuck is at Sailor Jerry.”

It was a quite ride and was considering it a cool down for myself. Traffic was backed up a little because of the time of day, but I still managed to reach the shop. “Look, it's a TLC sign, can't imagine what moron tattoo artist found her tattoo shop today and had sent me a picture.” waving his cell in front of me and a grin behind it let me feel like a moron. “Got this a few hours ago, thanks for the ride and paying the tolls and stuff.”

What?

Reaching the door I was about to ask him to repeat himself when I heard yelling inside. “YOU FUCKING MORON!”

“LEAST I DIDN'T NAME A PLACE IN NEW YORK!”

Jesse looked to me and I nodded. Both our bodies smashed through the wooden door. “so what bar do you suggest then.”

Lauren only glanced at us before walking over us. “the one down the street so I can stumble back home. Don't worry about the door Jimmy.” my old friend had been fixated on the broken pieces of wood everywhere. “The non-knocking brothers will fix it before joining, and Jess you are late. Suppose to grab Bam and be here an hour ago.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long to update, I just returned from a tattoo convention that had two bars. I remember little of the tattooing. As always don't be afraid to subscribe and leave some comments!