Sequel: Pins and Needles

Philly Ink

Bonding

(Lauren's POV)

Dirty blond hair bounced around my head as I ran from the tattoo shop down to my apartment. My 19 year old self, knowing this due to the lack of my tattoo sleeve, hurried along the streets I had traveled daily back then. At one point I was able to name each store on the street, in order, and what had been in there before each of those stores. It felt as though the rain had been really falling and soaking the band tee I had been wearing that day. It had washed off the rest of the makeup that my tears had missed.

A rumor of a car accident had spread across the area. Car vs a guy on the sidewalk. Right where my boyfriend use to hang out all the time.

Rounding the corner the rain had stopped and and an eerie glow emerged from where the accident had been so long ago. Walking cautiously, I had my tattoo sleeve and pure blond locks. Standing where I had found his body on that rainy October day, a figure stood that took my breath away. I hardly reconized him at first but then realized who it was.

“Paul? PAUL! Running up to the clean shaved, well dressed man I felt the cold sting of sadness as he began fading away. With a flash of lighting, my surroundings turned into that of the nightmares I had this time of year.

A red sports car was pinned to a building, the color hiding the blood. Most of the fluid was on the sidewalk though. There was more around the motionless body of Paul, his limbs lay in such an unnatural way that it burned the images of that day into my brain so vividly. Could have done my own sketch of the scene.

Kneeling next to Paul's young body, while in my adult one, I reached to close his eyes.

Buzz

'I'm bathing and I'm running in my sleep; from Mustard Man; he chases me into the last sunrise; and fucks me in his mom's minivan.'

Reaching my cell I brought it up to my ear without really looking “What Glomb?”

“Lil Mare! I got a team to start work let us in or we are breaking down the duct tape door.” sighing I came to terms with the fact nightmare time was over. Was the best wake up I had in years.

Throwing on jeans, sneakers and a hoodie, I stumbled down the stairs and looked through my brothers attempt to fix a doorway. “Hey Glomb, why so early?”

“Didn't know noon was early, but you need to leave so we can work. The more we stand here the more we waste my expert team.” Lifting a brow I looked at his 'expert team' “Now Bam paid good money and promised a kickass show if we get this place up and running on time.”

I was more caught up by the members of his team. Seth something-another had art supplies in a box next to him along with a shitload of paint cans in the back of a pick-up. Drywall and other shit filled up the rest of the bed and could only imagine what had been inside the trailer the truck was pulling. My Uncle Matt had a beer in one hand and a cigarette dangling from his lips as he attempted to get his lighter to work. A half filled tool belt was by his feet and was nothing compared to the last member of Glomb's team.

A construction hat covered his mullet wig, which covered his half gone head of hair. A red flannel shirt showed a hint of the CKY shirt underneath and had a pair of suspenders over it pinning the flannel to his chest in a awkward way. A pair of jeans cut off at the knee and a pair of old Adio sneakers completed his look. “WHOA forgot my safety glasses in the truck!”

“Did he pay you extra to deal with Dico?” Glomb nodded his head as random sound effects filled the air from the questionable construction worker. “Yeah, I see how this is gonna be. Let me grab my shit and I'll be out of the way.”

Glomb grabbed me and tossed me to shitbirdz, then blocked the doorway. “Bam was clear, once you are out of the building you can't return until it's completed.”

“How long is that going to be? I have to grab my supplies and-”

“About two to three.” oh, I could manage a few hours. “That's days by the way, don't attack! Your film crew is already rolling behind you!”

This was why I didn't like cameras, they captured evidence. “Then can one of you go in and get me stuff.”

After volunteering, Seth had gone inside to retrieve my list of tattoo supplies. Both him and Shitbirdz had even loaded my car for me as Dico kept playing with the broken door. “Think this might have to be replaced.” ignoring my brother's friend I passed Glomb the keys.

Walking down to the parking garage, I heard glass shatter and knew work had begun, or Dico had broken the door again. It wasn't for me to worry about for the next few days. Instead I had to figure out so much more before we could open the shop. Babs and I had a floor manager and against my judgment a piercer. But if Babs trusted the girl's work then I would too. Mean it wasn't as if many people would be able to put up with our wonderful staff. Mean the rockstar Jimmy Pop as a floor manager …

The engine in the rental car turned over a little hesitantly. Could not wait for my car and the rest of my possessions to get to Philly. I was still living out of a couple of suitcases and not having the washer hooked up in the apartment was becoming a problem. Thankfully my client of the day agreed on a trade off. I would do his tattoo, and I would get to use his washer and dryer. Plus lunch and dinner was in he mix too. Now I just hope I could score a place to sleep as well.

The little house I pulled up too was so cute I wanted to puke. There was even a flower garden in the front that I knew my mother had a hand in putting there. Checking behind me, I made sure the TLC camera crew was right behind me since it was to be the first tattoo of the show. A microphone system was attached to me before I could grab any of my supplies. “Hey Aunt Laur!” one of the midgets yelled across the yard. If I had my information right it was Ava, but it was information from Bam so it was highly questionable. “Daddy said we are drawing on him today!” she seemed overly excited to the extreme of bolting across the yard and reaching for a hug.

Normally I was far from being a hugger, but I couldn't say no. “Yup, you going to help me out today?” nodding while in my arms she squeezed tighter. “Ava, I can't breathe.”

“Yes you can silly!” giggling as I placed her down, I reached into the shopping bags in the back seat. “Can I carry stuff in? I am a big girl now!”

nodding, I handed her my drawing bag. “Here, it's a very important bag.” receiving a smile, the girl ran across the grass towards my brother “Lend a hand?”

“DADDY! THIS IS AN IMPORTANT BAG! WATCH OUT!!!”

Nodding at her, Jess pointed at me “Stop being a bad influence on her Lauren.” Oh, he wanted to see a bad influence?

After setting up a nice area in the garage, I made sure I had everything where I needed it. “Aunt Laur! I finished it!!!! It's all done!!” the girl passed me a sheet of paper. “I added in the names like Daddy wanted!” she had obviously ran through the entire house. Poor thing barely got out her words. “Can I watch?”

“Sure. Grab a stool!” pointing at the empty stool, I watched the girl grab it and pull it across the room as Jess walked in. “Look, now I’m being a bad role model.”

Laying on the portable tattoo table, Jess had his arm reached up above his head so I could properly tattoo the inner side of his upper arm. “So is this whole show the only reason you came back home?”

It was a tough question. “No. Felt it was about time.”

“I'm happy Aunt Laur is home!” Ava giggled behind me as I began free-handing on the design. Was keeping it as close to my niece's drawing as possible. “Now we can draw together more and I can spend the night at her house instead grandma's house!” looking over I smiled as she made a disgusted face “Uncle Bam is always showing up there!”

Smirking I looked down at her father “I love this girl!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I Just assume that Jess would have such an ... enthusiastic? child the way I picture Little Ava being ...