Sequel: Pins and Needles

Philly Ink

Push

(Lauren's POV)

My heels hit the stone with meaning with each step I took. This was not a visit I really wanted to make. It had been so long since I had been in this town that I doubted anyone I had grown up with would have recognized me. “LAUREN CAR!” Mark Hanna screamed from behind me scaring the crap out of me. Then looking to my right I realized there was a car a few inches away, the driver flipping me off. Should I have been watching where I was going? Probably. Did it change my next actions at all? Nope!

“WATCH WHERE YOU ARE FUCKEN DRIVING!” flipping them off back, I then kicked out their headlight. “And go back to New York! Rude ass mother fuckers I swear!” already back to walking down the road, it seamed Hanna was the only one laughing. “Mark, keep it up and I'll add to the tummy map on your fat belly!”

Silence encouraged me to start walking again. “I hate you, Lauren.” it was a mutter but still caused a smirk across my face.

“Love you too Hanna, now keep up!” shouting it seemed somewhat appropriate even if it did cause the college kids to turn their heads. “Look what you made me do!”

The younger kids all started following us and all I did was run. This was why I had to use an alias! My destination was only a block away and the camera crew Kat forced me to bring had fallen behind a few blocks the other way. She had been pushing me to make my family relations public, after pushing me to help her on her show and pushing me to move home and open my own shop. Seemed I always need a push to do the right things. Mean whatever came to me naturally screwed my life over time and time again. “L-MARE!” the voices from the college students increased my speed until I reached the entrance of the night club.

“Miss, your ID please.” really? Was he serious about this? “ID at some point tonight.”

Taking my wallet out I flashed him my Californian ID. Brows raised on the bouncer's face as I shoved past him. “Don't!” holding up a finger to him I hoped he hadn't said it.

“Sorry Miss Margera.” cringing I climbed the stairs to the VIP section. “Happy almost 30th birthday!” Cringing again, I didn't know if I wanted to stay downstairs with the douche-bag bouncer, or the douche-bag owner leaning on the banister.

Course only my dorky brother would be the one with his hood covering his short curly black hair, sun glasses covering his similar blue eyes, random as hell tattoos covering the arms that he leaned against the banister. Seeing his bored look across his face seemed to invite the drama my presence was about to cause.

Passing by people I had never seen I shoved my way over until I was stopped. “LITTLE SISTER!!!”

“OLDER ASSHOLE!” I managed to get out even though Bam was crushing my lungs. “You need to lay off the candy bars though, starting to turn into Der-” the weight left my chest as music started playing. A familiar voice had started singing along with a drum line I could pick out of anywhere. “CKY?” Shoving the middle child out of the way, I rushed to look over the banister. Down on the stage, I watched my brother's band play 'Escape From Hellview'. “Thought they broke up? Deron and GG kiss and make up again?”

I received stares from the people around us. At that moment I realized I knew only Novak. And normally I didn't admit that. “You mean Chad?”

“Yeah whatever.” flipping my wrist I turned to the druggy, ex-druggy whichever he was this month. “How's it hanging Novie?”

Receiving a shrug I watched a nice girl walkover and under his arm. “Good.” Nodding I turned back to the stage. “That really Lauren?” Yup, he never changed.

“LAUREN MARIE MARGERA!” Deron's voice filled the venue. Slowly turning my head in his direction, I saw him point at me then point next to where he was standing. “NOW!” with a sigh I was heading down to the point Deron had pointed at. “See we both just got here from LA, only I didn't know she had been living ten minutes away for the past 3 years.” Would have slammed my head into the wall I was passing, if Bam wasn't pulling me though the corridor to the stage like the place was on fire. There went my low profile.

Walking up the back of the stage, people in the crowd applauded and cheered as I walked closer and closer. Reaching Deron, I stood in nearly the same spot he had pointed at before taking a step to the left. “I wanna make sure I'm in the exact spot so I don't offend the serial killer!” Taking one more step left I looked up at the balcony before slowly looking where I stood “Seems right. I think.”

A chuckle behind me caused me to turn around as Jess went into full blown laughter. Keeping my enjoyment of harassment of Deron to mere smirk, I looked back at the man in question. I could tell the man was speechless. The question was if he could actually admit it.

They went on with their song pretty much where they left off. “Come on, I'll buy you a beer L.” Looking over to Bam, I smiled.

Once back at the banister, drinks in hand, I felt at ease. It was almost as though I had never left. Well until I looked over my shoulder to where my high school bff stood. Jaw dropped, and arms crossed. She seemed surprised and pissed. Was a dangerous mix for Abigail Miller. “Babs, don't kill me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone is able to recover their work from Mibba crashing!!! And more importantly, I hop it doesn't happen again!