Sequel: Pins and Needles

Philly Ink

Showstoppers

(Lauren's POV)

After waking up in my own apartment, I had spent most of the day relaxing. There was to be drinks tonight at the Irish Pub a couple streets away as a way to celebrate the shop almost being done. Shortly after being shown the shop, Tee had stopped in to see what was going on and fell in love with the place. More so she loved having her own room, the room where the oven once was. Jimmy wasn't happy it was gone, but said he found a way to work around that. It scared me.

Throwing on a cute brown dress that had straps going in the most flattering directions, I grabbed my heels and started to place them on my feet. The renovations Glomb did unfortunately didn't reach my apartment, but that didn't matter. I was happy that the shop was finished and I could stand to live in a mess until I could a better place to stay. When a knock echoed from the apartment's door, I nearly jumped. It had been such a nice and quiet day I had forgotten a world existed outside that door.

Heels clicking as I walked on the beat up wooden planks, I opened the door to see LC smiling at me. Her now husband Burton at her side. Least I had been completely dress or it would have been awkward. “Come on in LC, Janne!” The walked into my living space, both with raised brows. “It's not much right now but I got kicked out of the hotel in West Chester, and Jesse's house … and I hate living at Bam's-”

“I'm sure you will fix it up nice.” Janne smiled slightly before motioning back downstairs. “Um … yeah.” Ok so it was an awkward moment … whatever.

LC watched her husband leave and attempted not to laugh. “It's still nicer than the place you had the last time you lived in this city.” realizing what she said, LC looked to me with eyes of regret. “Sorry L-Mare, I forgot-”

“Don't worry about it. I walked by there the other day and think I’m finally fine.” reassuring my friend I walked at sat on the futon I had bought as a couch. “I promise.”

Nodding she joined me. “It's just, when you first moved to Finland I could see how dead you were inside but before you left … you seemed at peace with it.” LC went into thought “But Bam told Janne about how you had been when you returned to Pennsylvania and I figured the wounds had reopened.”

“They did.” the admittance fell from my lips as if someone else had said it. “But I got past it. I just had to remember the times in Finland and the times before I met … before I met Paul.” Saying it out loud seemed to rid me of the last of my guilt and sorrow. “So what brings Janne to Philly, mean the shop isn't opening for a couple days and after his opinion of my decorating skills...” pointing to my crap-tacular surroundings “He is going to the end of the waiting list.” raising my nose up LC lost it. Was remotely serious though.

Regaining herself, she wiped a tear I caused “I'll let him know he is on the L-Mare hatelist again.” wiping the other eye, LC sighed. “Well, the band has some American dates on their tour so was hoping you wouldn't mind an extra set of hands for the opening process. It's a bitch trust me.” Lacey had overtaken 'Love Metal Tattoos' when the original owner retired. That alone had been a pain in the ass for her and most of the foundation had been already set up for her. Abbey and I were starting from the beginning and I knew it was going to suck. “But on a positive note Mr. Valo has been cheerful as hell since we landed yesterday.” the mention of Ville caused me to smile. “and judging by that look, he has the same affect on you, love.”

I dropped the smile and attempted some recovery. “I have no idea what you are talking about.” I needed to change the subject and quickly. “So when are they playing Philly?” SHIT! That wasn't so not changing the subject and her smirk confirmed it. “What?”

“In a few hours at the Pins and Needles Connection.” LC watched my face carefully.

Sighing I smiled lightly. “Where is that- oh shit!” HERE?!?! HIM was playing down in the shop? Getting up and walking out the door, I looked at LC in disbelief. She was kidding right? Guess hearing a really loud and really live version of 'Killing Loneliness' wasn't a good sign?

After having to run a lot in my heels lately, making it down to the shop in under a minute was nothing to me. HIM was set up on the stage with Ville fixing his mic stand. After not learning a couple days before, Bam and Novak were attempting to skate the ramp again causing Janne to relocate to the opposite side of the stage out of fear of being hit. A couple more skaters had joined them causing me to believe they were playing last skater standing. Or some new hybrid skateboarding-moshing thing. “HEY!” Kat's voice caused me to turn and scream. “THIS IS MY LITTLE SISTER!!!” she informed the room full of people. “Hi Uncle Shitbirdz!”

“You don't want my fam, Kat. Then you have to be related to Bam.” reminding her, she looked over at the skating and actually cringed. Probably cause a good five people had fallen onto where Janne had just been set up. Kat must have been the only one to remember my no touching rule. But honestly it was probably just from all the sorrow I had been in. It was fine with me if everyone thought otherwise.

Bam started walking from the ramp checking out his elbow, but shook it off instead. “BAM” walking closer, I caught his attention. “Thanks for everything. Mean-” the bastard hugged me. Before I could protest, Kat had joined the hug with Babs justs seconds behind. Soon the only way u could tell who was in on the hug was by the tattoos covering their arms. “SHITBIRDZ! Let me fucking fix your arm man! It looks horrible.”

“I like it!”

His voice covered everyone's and seemed to silence the band as they stopped sound check. “Is everything ok over there?” Ville's voice spoke into the PA system. Apparently a pack of heavily tattooed angry people gathered in a huge group hug scared him. It scared me too.

People went back to drinking which allowed me to breath. “AIR!” taking a deep breath caused Bam to chuckle. “Seriously douchebag. Thanks.”

“You needed the help Laur-” cutting him off I actually hugged the loser. “Anytime Lauren, just don't scare me anymore.” it was one of the few bonding moments we ever had.

“I WANT A HUG NEXT!” Jimmy Pop shoved my brother out of the way. “I need a hug as the official … what's the name of this place again.”

I couldn't believe Jimmy couldn't remember it. Was scarred to hear how he was going to answer the phone calls on opening day. “It's called the Pins and-” Jimmy held a finger up to Bam to silence him.

“Why is HIM on the Bloodhound Gang stage?” Jimmy looked to me but all I could do was shrug. I didn't even know about this party until about ten minutes ago.

“Bam arranged it.” it was all I got out after I had actually thanked and hugged my big bro. Now I left him to deal with Jimmy as I walked up to the stage. Jumping off of said stage for a few seconds, Ville only had to take a couple steps to talk to me. “Funny meeting you here.”

A nervous smile lit up his face. Maybe LC was on to something. “I like the shop. Very extreme. Very … … Margera like.” Locking eyes for just a brief moment like the night with the wine, Ville brushed a piece of hair out of my face that had fallen. “anyway we can get the skateboarding suicide riders to calm down for a bit. I haven't completed my life goals yet, the most important being-”

“THIS IS BULLSHIT!” Jimmy Pop was always a showstopper. He could get the whole attention of a full room with one sentence. Just not like this. To say furious is an understatement. “I'm the reason they even KNOW each other. DERON PUT ME DOWN! MATT NO!!!” The Miller brothers … horrible in a crowd, until they get to drag someone out. Then they get all cheerful. Go figure.

Bam slowly walked over as if avoiding making a scene. “What the hell was that?” both of us shrugged before Bam pulled me to the side. “That wasn't about nothing Lauren!”

“I was just talking to Ville about your moshing skateboarding friends and- you didn't even see if I wanted to skate!” slapping his arm I acted mad. Which I was, just not as seriously as I acted.

Looking at my shoes, Bam raised a brow “In thoses?”

“I could … If I hadn't passed on skating for about two months now.”

Sighing, Bam looked relieved right before pulling me into another, but drawn out hug. “I've missed the old Lauren.”

“Are you drunk?” still forced into the hug I looked to the people who walked by and stared at us. “Help.”

Finally releasing me Bam smirked and spoke in that annoying as hell voice he use to do. “No, not yet, but we have to be in order to drunk call mom for not showing up!”