Sequel: Pins and Needles

Philly Ink

Moving On

(Abigail’s POV)

“That makes you look like a tattoo tramp.” Lauren said bluntly at the corset I had tried on. “You have a kid for God’s sake.”

Putting my hands on my hips, I frowned at her. “I thought that was the look we were going for.”

Lauren laughed. “Sure, if you want to show your goods while you tattoo. I mean, there will be a camera on you at all times.”

“Duly noted.” I grumbled, turning back to the changing room. Putting my regular clothes back on, I tossed those I had tried on into the pile we had begun to make. “Tell me why we are shopping at the slut stores if we aren’t going to buy anything from them.”

“Because I wanted to see you try the clothes on.” Lauren said with a devious glint in her eye.

“Bitch.”

She laughed out loud as we left the store for a more refined clothing shop. We had been searching for the better part of the day and had come up with barely anything. The producers of the show had wanted us to sex up the shop a bit since we were all women running it, minus Jimmy Pop, but he was entertaining enough for the network to not complain about his presence.

Lauren did mention that the producers didn’t like having some of our guy friends around. It made it look like we were possibly getting into relationships. I didn’t know how having guy friends equated a relationship, but we had warned most of them to stay away so our regulars turned into a couple of fans and Bam. Jesse stopped by once in a while, but I hadn’t seen any of my three brothers since we got the keys.

Deciding to forget the shopping for a little while, we steered ourselves into the closest Starbucks. The shop was opening the very next day and we both needed new outfits for the pilot episode of the show. We could wear clothes we already had, but there was no fun in that. Plus we needed much deserved mochas.

“What will it be ladies?” The cashier asked with a smile.

“Two Venti White Chocolate Mochas please.” Lauren responded sweetly. I gave her an odd look, but she just ignored me. “Can I get extra whipped cream on mine?”

“You got it.” He responded a little too eagerly.

Lauren really knew how to sweet talk others into doing what she wanted and when that didn’t work she knew how to kick their asses. As we waited for our drinks, Lauren began to talk excitedly of her dream outfit for first day of work. My gaze wandered around the store and I didn’t realize I had been recognized until the flash of bright red hair filled my line of sight.

“Abby! Laur! How are you girls?” The perky voice and happy face of Amy, Chad’s girlfriend, appeared and I nearly cringed. Overly happy people made me uncomfortable.

“Great, Amy.” I responded unwillingly.

Lauren, however, rushed into talking about the shop. Once started, she could go forever. The drinks came up and I grabbed the cups. Following Amy and Lauren to one of the tables, I pretended to listen to the things I’ve already heard about a dozen times from my best friend. Seeing the drink with extra whipped cream, I sipped on it and put the other in front of Lauren. If I had to deal with Amy then she was getting the regular latte.

“I’m actually working at a salon a few streets over from the shop. I’ve walked past it a few times. It looks super cute.” Amy gushed with an enormous smile on her face. “We should so meet up for lunch one day.”

“Yes! If you want, I could re-outline that tat you got last winter. I mean, if you want me to.” Lauren offered. “I wouldn’t mind doing it at no cost if you allow me to film it for the show.”

“So you are doing a show?” That question sent the girls into a new round of conversation. Within a few minutes, I had spaced out again when Amy turned her questions to me. “How is Chad doing, Abby?”

The question hadn’t been something I expected and it took me a moment to refocus. “What?”

“Chad? How is he?” Amy asked the same question, just in a different way.

“How would I know?” I asked honestly. “You’re his girlfriend.”

Amy’s face fell and I suddenly rethought my response.

“We aren’t dating anymore. I thought he would have told you. We broke up over a month ago.”

Did I feel like a moron…

“I wouldn’t really know.” I said again. “I haven’t spoken to him in weeks.”

“Well, not nicely at least.” Lauren said before sipping on her drink. She made a face and glanced at the cup as if there was a mistake. “That bitch forgot to put extra whip on my latte.”

I ignored Lauren’s quip and shrugged at Amy. “Sorry I didn’t know. I just haven’t talked in Chad in a while.”

“It’s fine. It was about time anyway. Chad didn’t care about me. Not the way he cared about-” Cutting herself off, Amy smiled awkwardly and grabbed her coffee. “I have to be going. I’ll see you soon. Lauren- text me about lunch.”

“I will.” Lauren said as Amy hurried away from the table and out of the coffee shop. “That was weird.”

“That was weird? It’s Amy, Laur. She was always weird.”

“Well maybe it’s fate. Now you can make your move on Chad and it won’t be creepy. I mean he’s single… you’re single…”

I didn’t respond. Instead, I put the coffee to my lips and drank deeply.
♠ ♠ ♠
A special thanks to Amy for reading and commenting! We love you girlie!