Sequel: Pins and Needles

Philly Ink

Lucky

(Abigail’s POV)

Five years of absolute happiness. I had never expected it to happen, but ever since the show got cancelled by TLC then immediately picked up by MTV, Vern became a real father to Claudia and me and Chad finally admitted our feelings, everything seemed to be perfect. My family had also mended itself. My mother missed my father so much that she invited him to move back in and they went to counseling to work out any lingering problems they might have with one another. Deron and his wife, Felissa, had a total of three children: two beautiful daughters, Bianca and Lola, and a son, Tommy Carver, who was practically the spitting image of my brother.

Matt and Christin decided to have a third child as well and this time, instead of another boy, they finally got the little girl Christin was waiting for. Her name was Isabel and her older brothers, Xavier and Sebastian already fawned over her. Aaron and his fiancé, now wife, Jennifer were still living in Glen Mills, but the two of them were starting to prepare for children. Aaron wanted at least three kids if not more and it was taking Jen some convincing since she was more of a one child person. My parents wanted them to have three so they could have twelve grandchildren in all.

Oh yeah, speaking of children, Chad and I had twins boys less than three years ago. Both of the boys were born with Chad’s dark hair, but as they grew older, it was obvious they were getting the Miller eyes. Elijah was the well behaved one while the younger of the twins, Kole, was our resident trouble maker.

Chad and I didn’t marry. It wasn’t something that we felt was required. We were in love, had a family and had each other’s backs. It was all we needed.

The show had become a huge hit on MTV. Both Lauren and I thought it was bigger there then it could have ever been on TLC and not only were we allowed to be ourselves, but they didn’t expect us to be the new Jackass or L.A. Ink. We were who we wanted to be and nothing more or less. Vern had not only divorced Dana, but had managed to find a pretty chill girl named Rachael. She was the guidance counselor at Claudia’s school and our daughter had practically set them up herself. They had only been together six months, but things were looking good for my ex and his new girl.

Standing in the kitchen of the home I now shared with Chad, I put the finishing touches on Claudia’s twelve birthday cake. I was throwing a party for my daughter and my entire family, Chad’s entire family as well as Vern’s and his girlfriend were all over the house to help us celebrate. Walking into the dining room where all the children were seated and the adults were crowded around the room, the sound of ‘Happy Birthday to You’ echoed. I smiled happily as I placed the chocolate cake in front of my pride and joy.

As the song ended, Claudia put a finger to her chin as she thought of her wish and then took a big breath to blow out the candles. Applause began and I helped Claudia cut the cake into slices.

“Momma?” Kole called out as he sat at the other end of the table. “Why does Claudia get a piece of cake first?”

“Because it’s her birthday, Kole.” I told him sweetly. He was too inquisitive and smart for being a three year old. I knew we were going to have a hell of a time with him once he hit school age.

“But when it’s my birthday, Eli gets a piece of cake at the same time. It’s not fair!”

Rolling his eyes, Chad leaned down towards our little troublemaker and grinned at him. “It is perfectly fair, buddy. Elijah’s birthday is the same day as yours.”

Kole didn’t like that answer and crossed his arms in front of his chest. I handed Chad the slice of cake I had cut for the boys and he placed Kole’s down first. It seemed to ease him a bit because he started to eat it without any more argument.

Deron was the next one who had to open his mouth. “I can’t believe you named your kids after TV characters.”

Chad gave Deron an odd look. “What are you talking about?”

Waving towards the twins, Deron explained. “Kole and Elijah? Don’t tell me I have to explain it.” When Chad was still staring at him, Deron shook his head. “The Vampire Diaries?”

“I really have no idea what you are talking about, Der. I picked out the names myself.”

I laughed under my breath.

“Seriously?” Deron asked, glancing between Chad’s confused expression and my amused one.

“Yeah it was on a list of twenty names and those were the two I liked the best.” Chad said, turning to hand other people some cake.

“Were they all Vampire Diaries character names?” Deron asked with a scoff.

“Mad you didn’t think of it first, Der?” I said mockingly. “Since you so obviously watch the show.”

Deron grunted, but said nothing else.

Once everyone was settled, Chad sat next to me on the couch and leaning in, whispered, “You named our kids after TV characters?”

I shook my head, but the smile never left my face. “You never asked and I’ll never tell.”

“You’re lucky I love you.” Chad said before giving me a kiss on the cheek. I couldn’t be luckier.
♠ ♠ ♠
Abby and Chad's story is complete. I hope you all loved this story as much as Ames and I loved writing it. Ames is currently writing a spinoff story to this called "Pins and Needles" which is about a tattoo artist in NYC named Alison Crystal (A.C.) who crosses paths with the "Philly Ink" crew. It's going to be great! Also keep a lookout for my new story called "Dead Hearts" which is a continuation of my other story "Pretty Little Things." Good things are happening here lol Thanks again for reading and subscribing! (PS. There is one more chapter left. :-] )