Before the Dawn

meal

I stepped into the nightclub, my nostrils instantly being filled with the scent of sweat and alcohol. I sighed and began scanning the room for some dinner for me and my love. Casting an experienced eye over the mass of grinding bodies my eyes focused on two girls in their late twenties I’d say. The larger of the two looked uncomfortable as her friend stood talking to a man. I stared at her, using my powers to force her to notice me. She snapped her head round and her gaze locked with mine. She looked me up and down and I gave her my infamous charming but seductive smile and beckoned her over with a small hand gesture. She glanced to her friend who was deeply engrossed in conversation before striding over to me.

“Hi, I’m Mandy,” she said shyly and I smiled.

“I’m Gerard,” I said, before taking her hand and leading her to a remote spot of the club, close to the exit.

“So, erm, yeah,” she stuttered, and I smirked.

“Do you have anyone special Mandy?” I asked her and she shook her head, gazing at me with her brown eyes.

“How about we take this to my place? Maybe have some wine? This club is way too crowded,” I said, and she nodded, letting me lead her out to my car. She got in the passenger seat and I sped off towards my home. When we arrived I went and opened her door for her like a total gentleman. I led her into the house and straight to the kitchen, bypassing the bedroom where my love was still asleep. I poured us both a glass of wine whilst she sat at the table nervously, studying a painting of a vampire attack. I slipped 6 sleeping pills into her wine and allowed them to dissolve, so she will be asleep when we eat her. It will be a lot less interesting this way, but its only until Frankie gets used to the idea, after all he was a vegetarian before being turned. I brought the glasses over and handed her one.

“I like the painting,” she said, and I smiled proudly.

“Thank you, its some of my best work,” I said, and her eyes widened.

“You painted this?” she asked, and I beamed and nodded.

“Yeah, I like art.” I said.

“You’re very good,” she said, and then she gave me a ‘seductive’ smirk as the wine began to make her feel more confident. Frankie’s seductive smirk is so much hotter.

“So Mandy, tell me about yourself,” I said, pretending I was interested.

“Well, I live alone, that girl I was with at the club is my only friend and she’s not that great a friend anyway. I lost contact with my family when my parents died, and that’s about it for background history,” she said, and I smiled slightly. No one will miss her then.

“So, I guess you didn’t come from here then if you’ve lost contact with your family,” I said and she shook her head.

“No, I was actually born in New Jersey in the US, but I moved here to study better,” she said, and I gasped.

“Really? I was born in New Jersey too,” I said, and she grinned.

“Cool, where about were you-” she slurred, before her head hit the table with a gentle thud. I smiled. Time to wake my love. I got up and went into the bedroom, leaning over Frank’s sleeping silhouette and kissing his nose gently. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled at me.

“Hey Gee, I’m hungry,” he said, and I giggled.

“Well, it just so happens that I brought us some food my love,” I said, and he smiled before frowning.

“A human?” he whispered, and I nodded.

“But she’s asleep, she won’t feel a thing Frankie,” I said, and he nodded.

“Ok, as long as you know Gee, I’m doing this for you, I don’t want to though,” he said, and I nodded.

“Thanks baby. Come on, the foods in the kitchen,” I said, taking his hand and leading him into the kitchen. He groaned at the sight of the woman passed out on the table. I leant over her and nipped her neck with my fangs, before sinking them in harshly and sucking. I was seriously hungry, but I made sure I only drained half, so frank could eat as well. I offered him the wound I had made, as his fangs were too new to pierce human flesh yet. He reluctantly licked a trip of blood off the flesh and moaned before sinking in, drinking her dry. I guess his vampirism instincts and overwhelming hunger got the better of him.

“Thanks Gee,” he mumbled, wiping his mouth and kissing me gently.

“No problem baby, I love you,” I said, and he smiled lightly, that innocent smile that made my heart turn over in both love and guilt. Love for Frankie, and guilt that I had tarnished that innocence forever.

“I love you too baby,” he said, before wrapping his arms around me.

“Don’t worry Frankie, I’ll clean up, you go sit down,” I said, and he smiled gratefully.

“Thanks baby,” he said, and I smiled and hauled the body over my shoulder.