Before the Dawn

houses

I’m thinking in a few hours I’m going to take Frank out. He should really explain to his family where he has gone and tell them he won’t see them anymore, they deserve to know, and I will ensure their protection for giving me such a wonderful gift. That’s Frankie by the way. After our meal his strength picked up and he was the lively guy I met and fell in love with.

“Baby,” I started, smiling at they way he looked so normal, sitting on the floor in his boxers watching cartoons.

“Yeah? “ he asked, looking up at me with his beautiful eyes.

“Want to go out? I know it hasn’t been long but you seem a lot stronger and you owe your family an explanation as to why you’ve been gone, and I want to tell them they are forever protected from us because they gave me an amazing gift.”

“Oh? What did my family give you?” Frank asked, confusion gracing his beautiful face.

“You,” I breathed, and he giggled. From that little speech I earned a kiss, as he got up and came over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pressing his lips softly to mine.

“I love you, and going out is a great idea. Oh and also, sorry about not asking sooner I was kind of too tired but how did it go with Mikey Way?”

“Fantastic. He’s not human. So I didn’t have to kill him. He’s my brother,” I said, unaware that I was beaming until I felt the unfamiliar pull of the muscles in my face. I wasn’t used to smiling.

“That’s great baby. Just let me put some clothes on and we’ll go right?” He said, walking into the bedroom and pulling on some of Gerard’s clothes and stumbling out into the hall.

“Come on Frankie, you look great,” I said, smiling at the fact that he had chosen to wear my clothes.

“Hey Gee, when we go back to my house, how about we collect some of my stuff,” he said, and I nodded.

“Yeah, my clothes are a little big on you, I’m pretty fat,” I said, turning away to stop any tears pricking my eyes. I felt two arms wrap around my waist and sharply tug me downwards. I was shocked at the strength Frank possessed as I dropped to the floor, right into his lap. He pulled my head against his chest and stroked my hair lightly.

“No Gerard, I don’t want you to ever talk like that, ok? I love you and you are the furthest thing from fat I have ever seen,” he said, and kissed my hair.

“You sure?” I asked him, my voice cracking slightly with the insecurity.

“Absolutely one hundred percent baby,” he said, lifting my head with his fingers and kissing my cheeks. I smiled, seeing the genuine concern and truth in his eyes. I got up and took his hand, pulling him up with me and opening the door.

“Thanks,” I said, awkwardly, pulling him out into the warm night air and shutting the door behind us.

“No problem, I love you Gerard,” he said, pecking my lips.

“I love you too,” I said, dragging him away from the house and into the streets.

“Where do I live?” Frank asked, the color draining from his face as he realised he couldn’t remember.

“Don’t worry baby, all vampires suffer a little memory loss when they are turned, to make it a little easier to forget your life,” I said, and he nodded.

“So how do we get to my house?” he asked, and I smiled.

“I remember it, just follow me,” I said, pulling him down another road in the direction of his house, until I stopped outside a little house all on its own. Frank stopped as well and looked up at the house.

“So this is where my family live?” He asked and I nodded.

“OK, when you first see them you will have an overwhelming urge to kill them because they are the first live humans you have seen since you’ve been turned, but I’m here to hold you back as the feeling will pass.”

“Ok Gee, I trust you,” Frank said, giving me a brave little smile and knocking on the front door.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment?