Status: Done :)

When We Were Young

Birthday Parties

"Do you really think this'll wake her up?" asked a male's voice.
"Dude it worked back when we were in junior high, why makes you think it won't work now?" asked another's voice.
I groaned and hugged my pillow tighter hoping that the voices would go away. Thankfully, they did but not long. I aintly heard a female's voice countdown from three before three bodies jumped onto my bed.
"Wake up Erika!"
I couldn't help but laugh while still lying in bed. "I'm up, I'm up."
They jumped off the bed and laughed. I sat up and laughed along with them. Before me I saw Cameron and Tay, who I've been hanging out for the past two days, along with two of our other best friends, Mike Ferri and Rob Chianelli. I truly loved the fact that I was finally able to see them but I couldn't help to be a bit disappointed that he wasn't here. I jumped out of bed and ran over to hug Mike and Rob.
"It's great to finally see you guys."
"Same. Would've seen you sooner but work takes up most of my time." Rob explained.
"Same here but hey we're all yours today." Mike added.
"So what are you waiting for? Go get pretty girl." Cameron said in a girly voice.
I giggled and shooed the guys out of my room to the living room while Tay helped me out. As I was looking through my closet for an outfit, Tay sat on my bed looking through the latest edition of AP magazine.
"I'm surprised you haven't asked about him."
I turned to Tay and sighed. "I don't really see the point of it."
She put the magazine down and looked at me. "Why do you say that?"
I shrugged. "Think about it Tay, ever since I moved we hardly ever speak at all. Actually no, we haven't said a word to each other period."
"But that doesn't necessarily mean that he's forgotten about you Erika."
"I know..."
Tay smiled. "Don't worry, by this time to Saturday night's show he'll come through."
"How do you know?"
"Trust me on this, alright?"
I smiled and nodded. A few minutes later, I finally was ready to hang out with the people I missed do much all these years. As we hung out, it felt like nothing had changed from when we were young. Cameron and Mike were still as immature as ever together. Rob continued to be that older brother figure while Tay and I never lost our somewhat of our twinnish bond. We were getting a bit rusty. I remember meeting the guys, besides Cameron, at one of Tay's birthday parties back in junior high. That was also happened to be when i first met him...
Flashback...
"Man Tay, this party is sick!" a boy with glasses shouted over the music.
"Thanks dude!" Tay shouted back.
I just stood there enjoying myself at my best friend's birthday party that was taking place in her basement. I scanned the room and saw people dancing and talking. There wasn't much thirteen year old kids could do. As I continued to look around, that's when I saw him walking downstairs with Tay's friend that I had just recently met, Rob. I seriously couldn't take my eyes off this boy. He had kinda shaggy looking light brownish hair and compared to Rob's height, he was also pretty tall. I soon noticed that both guys were on thier way over towards Tay, Mike, and I.
"Glad to see you guys finally made it." Tay greeted them.
"Sorry we're late but it took me a lot of work to finally convince this guy to come." Rob apologized and explained.
We hung out all through the night just laughing and talking. He wasn't much of a talker throughout the night which only made me want to know more about him, in a non-stalkerish way that is.
Seeing as we were just beginning our teenage lives, we, well more like Tay, thought it'd be fun to play spin the bottle. It was one of my least favorite games and Tay clearly knew that. Once the game began, pairs walked in and out of the closet one after the other. Before I knew it, the bottle landed on me. I looked at who had spun the bottle and couldn't believe my eyes.
"You two, to the closet!" Mike yelled.
He and I slowly got up from where we were seated and walked into the somewhat small cramped room.
Present...
"Erika!"
I shook my head and snapped out of my daze. "What?"
"I see you haven't changed a bit." Rob chuckled.
"What or who were you thinking about?" Tay asked.
I sighed. "The day we all met in Tay's basement."
"Hey, I wasn't there!" Cameron whined.
"Oh boohoo." Mike teased.
Cameron jumped on Mike's back and attempted to give Mike noogies, epically failing at every try. My thoughts from before faded away as I continued to spend time with my best friends. Of course, he still remained in my heart after all this time. It's never easy to forget the one that swept you off your feet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to those reading this story. :) <3