Wish you were here

Flashback

Morning broke like many others in my sixteen long years of life, the sunlight spread like an egg plopped in the frying pan of tiled suburban rooftops. I covered my face until the light no longer felt real, I began to remember the night before, The argument the appologies the unnecessary discussions, the slam of the door as I left him there with nothing else to say, with nothing but welled up tear ducts and the heat of where my hand had left his, I had never felt so guilty. so responsible. I needed to talk to him to appologise to make sure we were going to be alright.. Would he want to take me back, I know I wouldn’t.
It was about 11 am, I pulled myself out of bed and battled my way to the bathroom, had my shower and got ready to go and see him, I looked at my phone debating wether to text him or just surprise him.. I don’t think I could bring myself to read his reply if I did. I brought myself to the kitchen and made myself some breakfast, I needed to eat something even though it was the last thing I wanted to do.
I promised myself I was going to appologise and that was what I was going to do, no matter how difficult, no matter how hypocritical it was of last night.
I grabbed my shoes, my coat said goodbye to my parents and started my long. Painful. journey to accept the consequences of my ridiculous unnecessary actions. My escape from reality flowed into ears as I put my ipod on shuffle, roger water’s voice put me at ease as ‘’wish you were here’ began to play, I made my way out of the estate and down into the street, lyrics flowing through my mind ‘’so you think you can tell, heaven from hell, blue skies from pain’’
Maybe I felt like I could tell, maybe I thought I was the only one who could tell..not anymore, I knew what I had to do and I just hoped he would allow me to do it, and make things right.
Rounding the corner onto the right street I could already see the street light which marked my destination.
‘’deep breaths’’ I told myself, I kept my eyes trained on the stop, focused with all my might. I was not going to chicken out. No way, a phrase coined by one of my good friends came to mind ‘’I would rather jump into speeding traffic’’ I stepped off the footpath
And then a smash, so loud I thought the whole world had shattered. Everything disappeared.