Status: NaNoWriMo 2011!!

Unwritten Pages

Still Bright

“Andrew, do the dishes when you finish! And don't leave a mess at the table! And clean up the table too, while you're at it!”

“Yes,” I mumble as I carry my plate to the sink. I had woken up at twelve this morning. I had overslept last night. When you oversleep, you feel sleepy when you wake.

My mother had already my lunch for me (simple macaroni) and now she's demanding me to do chores—just when I have woken up.

My father is at work. And my mother is getting ready to leave for work. She doesn't care what I do while she's at work. It's always been like this. And maybe the neglect I've gotten from my parents is the problem that started the drugs. I would wander off during weekends. Eventually, I bumped into a drug dealer. The rest is history.

“What did you say?”

“I said, yes,” I reply.

“Okay, good! Make sure they're clean! Don't leave disgusting bits on the plates! I'll force you to lick that if I spot any!” The door slams and I know my mother has just left.

I shudder at the thought of licking away remnants that I didn't wash away. I know my mother will actually do that if I screw up. Plus—she may be still mad at me from the whole Liane insults.

To my surprise, there are many plates in the sink. They might have been from last night and this morning.

I start to wash the dishes. While scrubbing away the food remnants, I think about Winter's journal. I want to read more.

Right after I finish the dishes, I wash my hands and head into my room. There, I take the journal and open it. I reach the next entry and I start to read it without any thought of what I'm going to do afterwards.

September 6th


Alright. School sucks already.

It's been only a half day and I'm already bored out of my mind...joy.

Desiree and Andrew are only in one of my classes. Con, Peter and Tom are in three of my classes. I wish that I signed up for spares this year... I could have had two spares...but no, I'm just the stupid kind of person to sign up for every class. I'm so dumb... I can't believe no spares sounded like such a great idea in ninth grade!

Well, maybe because I didn't want to become like Andrew Campbell... Just kidding! He's super smart now. And he chose to be in Desiree's classes. He even took Art for her! And he loathes art and all the creativity class—though I'm not sure why.

Ah, the love birds. At least they don't make-out every second in public. I would have told them to get a room...but that would seem very out of character for me. Mainly because I keep the evil thoughts in my head and let the nice thoughts come from my mouth.

I'm sure that if I said my evil thoughts, everyone would hate me. Meaning: I have very, very evil thoughts sometimes.

Anyways, it's only been half a school day and I wanted to fall asleep. One: the things the teachers said about a new school year was so boring. Two: No cute guys!! Okay, there were cute guys, but they're all jerks (as I have learned in ninth grade). And they were the same people!

To tell the truth, I wished that one of Andrew's druggie friends would shape up like Andrew did. But no...they were probably not in my classes (maybe they were all in applied?) or in an alleyway smoking weed...

I tried to get to them...but they weren't like Andrew. Well, they're beyond saving now. At least I brought Andrew and Desiree together! I love hate/love romances! Their relationship was like watching a movie! But...maybe a little slower.

Anyway, I was also hoping for an exchange student from...I don't know. Somewhere. But...that only happens in my fantasies.

But also...this year I hope that people will finally notice me. Maybe. If only just my name. I mean, nobody remembers me and that's pretty sad. It's like I'm a ghost floating around the school and nobody can see me. Well, I guess that's the point of ghosts.

But at least, I hope no one will say 'who's Winterlyn?' when I'm called to present something.

It's better when people call me Winter than Winterlyn. I don't know why. I just like Winter more—maybe because it's more...short. And Winterlyn sounds like I'm like... an Unseelie faery or something. But fey are cool! Too bad I'm human. But fey can't lie! That sucks. I'll just learn to dance around the truth. So cool.

Getting off topic. I would love to be an Unseelie faery, but right now, I'm stuck in the form of a seventeen year old human girl. Too bad, so sad.

The only guy that didn't seem to have a big ego was the guy who looked like he could be Desiree's brother. He looked familiar but I don't know why.

While I was getting to my second class, I bumped into him. I thought he would swear at me or something and I got a glare ready to go. But then he helped me pick up my stuff and gave them back to me. He even smiled at me!

Dreamy! But he may be trying to get in my pants. Shudders. Guys are known for doing that. Unless that guy is like Andrew Campbell—but even Andrew thinks about those things too, right?

Well, if he even forces Desiree into doing anything, I'll be there to hit him over the head and scold him like I did in ninth grade when he was taking drugs. And even then, I didn't even know him!

I decorated my locker today! All the lockers are so plain looking. I didn't want mine to be like that too. So I brought of girly stickers and stuck them on the locker at the sides like a border. More decorations will come soon! People gave me weird looks when I did that. But I don't really care. My locker is beside Andrew, Desiree, and Arianna's locker. (Arianna was secretly sad because she couldn't be with Con. *Evil laughter*)

I told that to Arianna and she hit me over the head with a binder.

Luckily, it was a floppy binder and it was just the first day of school, so there wasn't anything in it—really. So it didn't hurt...that much.

Peter said hi to me today. He's cute.

Four years and I still haven't asked him out! No—wait! Four years and HE still hasn't asked me out! Yep, that sounds right now. The girl isn't suppose to ask the guy out.

Maybe he doesn't like me that way? No! Well...I don't have CRAZY feelings for him. So I guess it's okay.

Anyways, more tomorrow!


I shut my eyes.

Her life is still bright.

It hasn't turned upside-down yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
46,000 words! Short chappie!