Status: NaNoWriMo 2011!!

Unwritten Pages

Obtuse

September 12th


I went to school in a bad mood. It was from yesterday. Being grounded just pissed me off.

Like seriously. I could just punch someone. But fortunately, I wasn't raised violent, so I didn't actually punch someone. Also, I prevented myself from throwing a tantrum last night so I wouldn't break anything.

I got to school and was in a foul mood for the rest of the day. I forgot about the whole Drew thing until now. In fact, I don't think I even glanced at him once.

Peter was pretty worried, but Ari convinced him that I was okay.

I guess I'm okay...

Full story: after my mother left the house, I got bored. I didn't want to watch Sunday morning cartoons—they were boring.

Easy as it sounds, I walked right out the door. Yep, I'm a bad ass.

I looked back at my last entry. It says I tried to sneak out. I wrote it wrong. I DID sneak out. It felt great while it lasted. Part of me—I was scared that my mom would find out. Then I scolded myself and told myself to stop being such a little girl.

I'm in twelfth grade, sheesh. A senior. I'm definitely not a little girl.

Anyway, I didn't even make it to Desiree's house.

On the way, I walked past a bakery. I was taking a shortcut. I could have gone to Arianna's house, but I decided not to. Desiree's house was closer and Andrew was probably there.

NOT that I have a crush on Andrew. We already experimented that in ninth grade. Didn't work out. Plus, I would never have a crush on my friend's boyfriend. Even though some people can't help it, I know it'd probably never happen to me.

He's pretty cute. But during that kiss after he redeemed himself...it didn't feel right.

Anyways, the door of the bakery was open. The smell of bread crept through the air. I realized with a start that I had about ten dollars with me.

I knew I wouldn't be able to hold this in my pocket. I would definitely spend this on SOMETHING.

I walked in the store. There were only a few customers. I bought a few cookies before I left.

I should have known that someone who knew my mother was in there.

I went to Desiree's house (Andrew wasn't there, take that mom!) and we hung out for a while. We watched an old movie before I left and took the shortcut back home.

When I got back home, my mom was sitting on a chair in the kitchen. My dad wasn't home. She turned around and glared at me.

“Um, hi?”

She was home. Dammit. I shouldn't have watched that movie with Desiree. We should have just did something else.

“You snuck out.” It wasn't a question and I didn't answer.

There was a moment of awkward silence before she said it again.

“You snuck out.”

I wanted to shrug but my mom would get mad that I was just shrugging it off.

“I told you that you couldn't. What are you doing, Winterlyn?”

I hated when my mom called me by my full name. It usually meant I was disappointing her. Or she had something important to say. This time, it was both.

“You're grounded. Clearly I can't trust you if you can't follow simple orders.”

I managed to keep my mouth shut. Anything else I said would go against me. Anything.

I turned to leave the room, I was angry of course, but I knew it was partially my fault (and the other part is my mom's fault for being so protective, like sheesh) but my mom crossed the line when she said the next sentence:

“I knew I couldn't trust you—you always lie and sneak out to do...drugs with your druggie friend!”

I knew it was small, I could have just ignored it, but I absolutely hated when people said that I was lying. Especially when they associated that with drugs. Especially coming from my mother.

Especially when she associated it with my 'druggie friend'.

Otherwise known as Andrew Campbell.

Luckily, I ran up to my room before I could say something equally terrible to my mom. I buried my face in my pillows and just screamed.

Yep. Sad. I can't believe I did that. My voice was muffled so my mom didn't come to check on me. But I still can't believe that she would think that Andrew was such a horrible person. Yeah, sure he was horrible but...

Ugh, I can't take it, writing about this. Andrew's a great person. End of story.

Well, until tomorrow.

September 13th


This marks the second week of twelfth grade. Now, I'll never experience the first week of high school ever again.

Assuming I don't fail high school. But I'm pretty sure I won't.

Drew still isn't talking to me—rather, I'M not talking to HIM. Actually, we're just not approaching each other. We have first, second and fourth period class together.

Yep. There's nothing really significant today. Bye.

September 14th


Ditto. Nothing significant happened like yesterday. Except for a smile that made my insides melt from Peter and a glance from Drew.

Sigh. Boy problems. Boy problems are the dumbest things to ever exist on this planet. All because of stupid girls and boys unable to chose. Sigh...

September 15th

Sometimes, I just want to hit someone, seriously.

My mom is still being rude about Andrew. I'm not asking her to apologize, but I don't want her to say shit about him.

The end. Is that too much to ask for?

September 16th


Sigh. I might compose a new song today...Luckily, I can play guitar. So great for me! It's Friday by the way. Again. Wanna sing that song again? So far, Drew's still not talking to me, I wonder why I'm thinking about this so much...

I should just focus on Peter.

Peter Misali! Peter Misali!

Sigh...he's super cute—that boy...

September 17th


Alright, composed the song!

It's going to be based on: my mom being extremely obtuse about things. Yep, yep. I'm going to name it: Obtuse. Matches, no?


The entry for that day ends there. I quietly slip the journal back in the drawer. It's morning and I'm awake. Desiree's still sleeping. I cast a look at her sleeping body and I feel myself soften. She's...beautiful, to be honest.

She's wearing a white tank top and some pink shorts. Her hair is a mess—quite cute to see her like that, really.

I head back to the bed. I don't want to wake her, but I couldn't help but kick a binder that's on the ground by accident. Desiree stirs. She's a light sleeper.

She opens her eyes slowly. “Morning already?” I nod and she groans. She sits up, yawns and rubs her eyes.

“Your hair is messy,” I say.

“Hmm? Oh! Yeah, it's always like this in the morning,” Desiree mumbles. She stretches and I suddenly realize that I can see through her tank top. I can see her bra...

I turn away. I mean—yeah she's my girlfriend, but I have to respect her privacy. We had changed last night. I'm wearing a t-shirt and some shorts. I usually just sleep in boxers, but I had felt kind of uncomfortable like that. It...it turned too many things on.

And we couldn't really do anything because my mother was definitely keeping a close watch on us. No noise, she had said.

Desiree didn't seem to notice that I could see through her tank top. Luckily, she had wore a bra. She gives another yawn.

“Desiree,” I start, “I can see through your shirt.” My cheeks turn red at the thought.

“Oh! Shoot! Uh, that's awkward,” she says. I can tell that she's embarrassed. Maybe her cheeks are the same scarlet as mine.

I hear clothes being ruffled and I know she's changing her clothes. I don't look, though it's pretty tempting. I am a guy, after all.

“Thanks for not invading my privacy,” Desiree says. “Really, I appreciate it. Even though you're my boyfriend. I'm done now.”

I turn back around to see that Desiree's in a t-shirt. Her hair is still messy. Though I don't feel the need to point that out.

“Did you see my bra?” she asks self-consciously. She tugs at the edge of her sleeve for the lack of anything to do. Then she looks at me in the eyes. I notice that she isn't looking anywhere else. Probably avoiding my...lower half.

“Yes,” I mumble. “You're my girlfriend though. I'd see it eventually.”

This makes her face turn red. She rubs her cheeks with both hands. “Andrew!” she says indignantly. Though she's smiling—with embarrassment of course.

“Just saying,” I tell her. I head over to my drawer and take my iPod out.

“What are you doing?” she asks, curious.

“Listening,” I say simply. “Her songs.”

I'm pretty sure that she knows what I mean. But she doesn't object. She sits on my bed and watches me with curious eyes. I scroll down the play-list until I come to the song that she's written—the one called 'Obtuse'.

I don't know why I want to play it. I just do. I press it and the song starts instantly.

Oh...

You see,
the way the trees,
tangle themselves,
in this mess of a land.

The cerulean wings,
the bright of the blue.
You never see
what is true.

Obtuse.

One single word,
that defines you whole,
is
obtuse.

You, you,
Accusing with your cruel words,
pointing with your long fingers.

Obtuse.

You never look for the truth,
you never care for the true.
You never look,
you never care.

Obtuse,
is what you are.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little lemon-y here, no? If you don't like it, don't worry. Unwritten Pages is fairly innocent in sexual content. Meaning--no sexual scenes. Listen to what Andrew's mother says!!

ALSO: Sorry I haven't posted!! I'm trying hard to finish this!!!!