Status: NaNoWriMo 2011!!

Unwritten Pages

A Perfect Kiss

October 22nd

My first weekend lessons started today! Yay!

So instead of moping around in my room I actually went to an art class outside of school. I told this to my friends yesterday. Andrew rolled his eyes. That boy seriously hates creative classes... Insane...

Anyways, art is pretty cool right now. Basically, it's a classroom filled with four other people so there are five people in all. Three girls and two boys. The teacher started us off with explaining some of the techniques we were going to learn. Then he gave us a drawing test to see what level we were on. So basically, we just got a blank sheet of paper and he told us to draw whatever we wanted.

Yep... It took a while because we had to colour it in. He said only the higher levels would get to use paints while the lower ones used pencil crayon. And the even lower ones—marker.

We finished and it was the end of class and I went home.

Then I moped around like usual.

October 23rd

So I was doing my PowerPoint today this whole entire day...

Sigh... PowerPoint is dumb. Well, this project is dumb... Luckily, I'm getting somewhere so...I just have to work like crazy for the next few days.

October 24th

I'm slightly excited because...

Halloween is approaching... Drew asked me today if the plan was still on for Halloween. I told him yes. He seemed excited. Hopefully, he's not using me as some sort of horrible bet or something.

October 25th

So Desiree and Andrew aren't going for Halloween. Andrew stated that he was 'too old' for trick-or-treating.

“You're only seventeen!” I told him.

“That's old,” he said, “Plus, I'm turning eighteen in a few months. I'm almost legal. And I don't want to scare away the little kids.”

Desiree agreed with him. So those two are going to watch a horror movie at Desiree's house during Halloween.

Tomas, Con, and Peter are obviously not going. They said they had 'better things to do'. Arianna's going, though. But she's going with her little brother... I asked if she could come with me but she couldn't because her mother had already told her where to go and what street to take etc.

So...I guess it's just Drew...and his little sister.

October 26th

It's the middle of the week... Just some minor homework today... Luckily, there are no big assignments... That would be horrible...

I'm almost half-way done my PowerPoint now. Yay!

October 27th

Just a few days until Halloween!

I'm excited like a crazy fan-girl... This is unhealthy... Obsessing over a celebrity, sure... But...DREW?! I'm going out of my mind... I have to stop this insanity...

October 28th

A little homework today...

Halloween is...soon!

Anyways, art class will have to pass before I'm going with Drew...and his little sister...

I have to stop distracting myself...must work on PowerPoint!

October 29th

So art class was fine. Luckily, I got a high level in art. I ended up with the paints with one other boy.

Two of them were using the pencil crayons and this boy ended up with markers...

So the boy in my level is pretty nice. He said his name was Aiden. He looked quite familiar...but I can't really put my finger on it... Well, yeah, he's nice.

October 30th

Just...one more day...

Why am I so obsessed with this? Let's focus on today: my mother took me out for dinner at this fancy restaurant. I don't even know why. I didn't have a lot of fancy clothes, so I just threw on some leggings and a shirt.

So much for fancy.

October 31st Morning

It's Halloween! But I have school today so... After school, Drew's going to meet me here again at six. Hopefully he won't cancel today... That would be...quite sad. And to think that I fell for it too...

So I have a black cat costume from last year. It still fits. I'm not putting anything on my face though. I'm just going to tie my hair in a braid. That can be...cat-like enough...

October 31st Night

It went...okay...

Not horrible. But...okay.

So after school, I got my costume on. I felt self-conscious, to be honest. Not only because of Drew, it was because I didn't really want to stroll around in the costume. But I sucked it up and went to the school grounds at six.

THANK GOODNESS HE DIDN'T CANCEL.

I would have been so embarrassed. Seriously embarrassed. Standing in that cat costume alone... I didn't know what to think of that.

I came late, just in case Drew was going to cancel. I didn't want to stand around looking like an idiot.

Wait...the cat costume already made me look like an idiot... I had brought a bag for candy too... Luckily, I wasn't very tall, so I didn't look like a seventeen year old girl. More like...fifteen.

Drew was already there with a dark haired girl who I assumed to be his little sister.

“Hey,” I greeted.

Drew looked up and down at me. He was in regular clothes. “I thought...”

“Though what?”

“I thought that you were... My mistake...” I was embarrassed... Very, very embarrassed. I tried to play it cool, but I sounded SO self-conscious...

“I like your costume,” the girl said. She smiled at me and it made me feel a whole lot better. Being comforted by a fifth grader...

“Thanks!” I said, “and I like yours too!” She was wearing a pink dress with a silver tiara.

“Thanks, but I wanted to be a witch, but my mom and dad said no,” she told me. “But I like being a princess too, so I'm okay.”

“Winter, this is my little sister, Elle.”

“I like your name,” I told her.

“I like yours too. Does Winter stand for anything else?” Elle asked.

Smart girl, she already figured out. Usually, the name 'Winter' wasn't an abbreviation for anything else. “Yeah,” I said. “Short for Winterlyn.”

“Winterlyn?” Drew asked, trying the name on his lips. “I never knew that.”

“You never asked,” I said. I didn't mean to be cruel, but it might have come off that way but Drew didn't reply to that.

“Well...” Drew trailed off.

“Let's go!” Elle said. “We're not going to get enough candy!”

“You'll get plenty,” I promised.

So until nine o'clock, we went trick-or-treating. It was fun with Elle. She's such a nice kid. Drew made things awkward because he would just stand around and wait. Drew and I didn't talk the first hour or so. With the exception of school related things.

After the first hour, we started to talk more. Just about...things in general. He sprung a random question if I had a boyfriend or not...

Obviously, I never had a boyfriend. It's quite depressing to think about. I mean, Desiree had dated DREW back in ninth. Arianna had a couple of flings (never serious). Andrew had a INSANELY crazy possessive girlfriend back in his drug days. She was a huge bitch... And insane... And crazy... And possessive... And did I mention insane? Con just broke up with his girlfriend... Peter...well, he had a bunch back in middle school. And don't even get me started on Tomas.

It was only me who was the odd one out. Yeah, forever alone face...

I told him 'no' because I didn't want to seem like a slut at the time. (how does that make you like a slut?)

Anyways, near the end of the night, Elle asked us, “are you two dating?”

Immediately, I said, “no!” in horror like it was the worse thing in the world. Drew looked completely embarrassed.

“Don't worry!” Elle said cheerfully. “I would be completely grossed out too! My older brother is really odd.”

Apparently, she didn't know that her older brother was one of the most popular guys in school. He also had a slight tendency to find interest in people without the same social advantages that he had.

Drew shrugged. “Sure, I'm odd.”

“Good night, Winter! It was really nice to meet you!” Elle told me.

“Night, Elle. It was really nice to meet you too.”

Drew said he wanted to stay awhile and sent Elle home by herself. Apparently, they lived pretty close to the area where we were now.

So...” Drew said.

“Elle is a sweet kid,” I said immediately.

“Yeah...” he trailed off.

It was silent. We were just standing around. It probably looked odd. He was taller than me and in casual clothes and I was in a costume. It must have looked like some older guy was trying to intimidate a teenager who went out for trick-or-treating.

“I like your costume,” he said.

“Yours too,” I replied. He looked confused.

“But I'm not wearing a costume,” he said. Apparently, he didn't get it.

“Of course you are!” I smiled at him. “Your costume is completely original! Well...unless from guy from school wants to take it... But you fit it perfectly!”

“And I'm dressed as?”

“You're dressed as Drew Sorauren, silly!” I said. “One of the most popular guys in school!”

My voice must have fell a bit flat when I said that because Drew looked a bit sorry for me. I guess he should have felt sorry. I mean...I was almost obsessed with him this past month.

“Winter...” he said. “Winterlyn...what's your full name?”

It was funny how I knew his name, but he didn't know mine. “Winterlyn Evaline Lawly.”

“Winterlyn Evaline Lawly,” he said, trying my full name out. “Cute name. Fits you.”

“Um...thanks.”

“I think,” he declared, “that Winterlyn Evaline Lawly needs a boyfriend.” Before I could say anything, he leaned forward... And kissed me. Right on my lips. A...perfect kiss...
♠ ♠ ♠
The ending even made me go 'AWHH!' Very corny/cheesy!! I've mentioned here that Drew has interest in people with lower status than him/not the same social advantages. So...yep. His 'dating range' is somewhere at the bottom of the average girls to the top where the queen bee rules.

I didn't want to make him date the ones labelled 'nerds, geeks, losers' because a popular guy at the top can only go so far!! His reaction to dating those labels:

"WTF ARE YOU THINKING??"

Yeah...well... As nice as he is, he just won't go there. He's a popular guy. Maybe one of the nicest popular guy characters you can get. I hate labels, but it's quite important to Drew...