Status: NaNoWriMo 2011!!

Unwritten Pages

Business Again

Reading about Liane in that last journal entry really puts me in a bad mood. She's a horrible person and I can't believe she said that to Winter.

And I can't believe she wrote that article about Winter too... What a...

To take my mind off that, I close the journal and place it deep in my bottom drawer. Desiree won't look in here. She can be quite curious, but she rarely ever invades my room. As I put the journal in, I notice a plastic bag in there that I haven't noticed before.

Out of curiosity, I pull the bag out. I haven't noticed it before because I usually put Winter's journal in the top drawer... The bag is small and filled with a little bit of crystal-like substance that looks very familiar.

Instantly, I see Avery's face and his stupid grin. Right. This had been from Winter's funeral when he told me it was something beautiful. He was delirious if he had thought I was actually going to turn back to the drugs. Honestly, I'm not that stupid.

I'm about to throw it away but something stops me and I hesitate. Am I just going to throw it in the trash can and walk away like it's nothing? My parents can find it in there and then...well, I know that something unpleasant will happen. Plus, I know that the substance in this bag isn't exactly free. Avery had just been trying to hook me in so I can waste my money and life on these things. Maybe I can give it back to Avery one day...if I see him.

Without anymore second thought on that, I toss it back into the drawer and close it. Stupid Avery and his drug business. Couldn't he tell that I didn't want any part in it? But of course, he's not the brightest tool in the shed, so I didn't expect much from him anyways.

I leave my room and head downstairs. Desiree's still up in the bathroom. Why do women have to take so long on everything?

With nothing to do, I clean up the bowls that Desiree had left on the table and wash them. Of course Desiree meant to wash them later, but I have nothing to do so I wash it anyways.

My parents aren't home yet. I know my mother is still against the thought of having my girlfriend in the house—especially in the same room as me. My father, personally, doesn't really seem to care. He trusts me that I'm old enough to take care of my own responsibilities. Honestly, I'm not stupid, but my mother treats me like I'm stupid and reckless. It's annoying, really. Luckily, she's not home to scold me not to do anything I'd regret with Desiree.

What also makes me slightly angry at her is the way she views Desiree. Desiree's not the kind of girl who makes reckless decisions. If anything, that's Liane Chau, who my parents had spoken highly of.

I'm pretty sure the main reason for this is because of my first girlfriend, the one I had in ninth grade during my drug days. Like Winter had said in her journal, she's insane and possessive. I don't even know how I had put up with her. Every time Desiree or any other girl that she thought was going to cause her trouble had been around me, she would go in her psycho-bitch mode. That is something I can live without. Luckily, she doesn't look for me anymore. That would be...petrifying.

I look out the window from the living room and see Chris still hanging around in his yard. This time, he's not posing like an idiot. He has his phone out and seems to be texting someone. I hope Peter, Con, and Tomas won't come to my house today. Chris seems to enjoy taunting every friend I have—like it's his job.

That reminds me of the bag that Avery had given me. I hope that idiot turns up soon so I can toss the bag right back at him. Maybe I can spread it all over the sidewalk and watch him try to collect all of it. That thought makes me laugh. How embarrassing for Avery. That's what he'll get if he tries to drag me into the drug business again.

The drug business—if I get dragged into that again, won't I be disrespecting Winter? The last thing I need to do is getting stuck in the drug business again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know! I have to finish this before June!! Wish me luck! :)