Status: NaNoWriMo 2011!!

Unwritten Pages

Epilogue

He sits by her stone, tracing the cursive letters that is craved on the stone. He is faced with reality once more—she is dead. Gone to the world.

Again, he leans his head against the stone and says things as if she is actually there and talking to her. It's not the first time he's done this. In fact, he's done this many times already.

He describes the events of his day to her. Tell her that he misses her. Says sorry. And wishes that she'll come back to life again. He's unaware of another presence nearby. Her presence.

She sits on top of her gravestone and smiles down at him. Laughs at the right moment in his story and tears up when he say that he wants her back.

He cannot see her but she can see him.

And then comes another figure in the distance, holding roses and unsure. The boy by the grave looks up and waves the other one over. As he comes closer, you can see his royal blue eyes and his dark tousled hair.

She smiles at him and waves him over to, unbeknownst to him.

They sit down and they talk for a while. The girl smiles at them, loving the sight that they are finally becoming like friends.

The boy says his own share of words to the stone and puts the roses down in front of the stone. The girl on the stone says a quick “Thank you” and smiles at him.

After a while or so, the two boys leave together. The girl shouts goodbyes to them and waves them off, still smiling. She does not care if they do not see her.

When they disappear out of sight, she's still waving and smiling.

Her smile brightens up the entire cemetery as if it isn't cheery enough. She's happy. She's not regretful. She likes it better here than anywhere else.

The warmth of her smile and the feel of her happiness is the last memory they have of this girl. And there's nothing better she likes to be remembered by.

“Winterlyn Evaline Lawly,” she says to herself as she leaves the cemetery, “the girl who smiles down on her friends.” She smiles at that. “Yep! I like that quote!”

And she hurries away from the cemetery, all while making up names for herself. She only leaves a whiff of the scent of roses in her place as she leaves.
♠ ♠ ♠
And that is the end! Leave comments or anything! They're all wonderful!