Status: COMMENTS AND I'LL UPDATE!

Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass

To jewellery, and champagne,

“I like having you as a friend again.” Alex said with a soft smile and I laughed softly.

“Yeah, it’s been strange not having you around.” I said as I threw another grape into my mouth. I leaned back on the wood of the chair and threw back my head. The silence got slightly awkward up until Jacob had finished his food and was fussing for someone to take him out of his high chair. I picked him up and nodded at Alex to follow me. I skipped with Jacob to the bottom of the stairs and walked with him on my hip to the top step. I went into my room and placed Jacob on the floor in front of some of his toys that he’d brought in earlier that day.

“Alex, will you help me build something?” Jacob asked politely and Alex shrugged as he sat down on the floor in front of Jacob.

“Course I will bud, What you trying to build?” Was what I heard Alex say as I flopped down on my bed.

“A robot!” Jacob shouted loudly and I just chuckled lightly to myself.

"I don't think you can build a robot with Lego bricks bud, how about a nice house?" Alex asked and I found myself laughing at the two as they conversed.

"No, no, no Alex! I wanna build a robot! It's possible if you believe so!" He exclaimed and Alex laughed softly as Jacob continuously passed him Lego bricks.

"I doubt it, Jake." Alex laughed and the two year old huffed as he placed a hand on his forehead.

"Stop moaning Alex." He said in a serious tone and I couldn't help but giggle at the little boys innocence. Around half an hour later, Jacob had given up with building robots and ended up falling asleep on the floor clutching onto his teddy bear.

“So..” Alex said as he placed a blanket over Jacob and a small pillow under his head. I sat up on the bed to watch him as he did so. Once he was finished tucking in the toddler, he sat on the bottom of the bed. “How are you and Jack doing?” He asked curiously and I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

“What do you mean?” I asked as I propped my head with a pillow so I could see him properly.

“I mean.. You and Jack.. Being more than just close friends.” He laughed awkwardly and that sentence made me burst out in fits of laughter.

“No, not, no!” I exclaimed as I continued laughing. “Me and Jack are friends only! I’d never think of him in that way.” I laughed again and Alex shrugged as he too joined in the laughter.

“I was only asking woman!” Alex exclaimed loudly with a laugh and I sighed as I threw back my head.

“I know.” I sighed as I closed my eyes for a second, I felt the bed moving and as I opened my eyes again Alex was laid at the other side of the bed, a comfortable distance between us.

“Are we friends again?” Alex asked randomly from beside me and I shrugged as I turned to face him, his brown eyes staring into my own. I licked across my lips slightly as I thought about an answer.

“Do you want to be?” I asked curiously and he smiled with a soft nod. “But won’t Lisa be super pissed..?” I asked and he shrugged softly as he ruffled pieces of his hair.

“Honestly, I don’t care. She can either like that I‘m friends with you, or hate it. Cause I need you in my life, you were like a best friend to me.. I thought I‘d be able to tell you anything and everything and not regret it. And I want that back.. I‘ve never felt that trust before in one person..” He stated and I smiled widely as he finished his sentence. I placed my palms together and hooked them under my head so it felt more comfortable.

“Then yes Alex, we’re friends.” I smiled softly and he smiled in return before his eyes flickered down to the bed sheets. A lock of his light brown hair fell into his face and I slowly moved it, as not to startle him.

“Shouldn’t this be the opposite way round?” He chuckled. “My hairs too fucking long, I’m like a girl.” he stated as he pulled at his straight brown locks.

“No Alex, I love your hair just the way it is.” I said, a bright grin overtaking my face. I said it because it was true, I did love Alex’s hair. I played with his locks and he smiled softly as he closed his eyes.

“Unless you want me falling asleep on your bed, I wouldn’t do that.” He chuckled softly with a sigh as he reopened them.

“Doesn’t matter, It’s not like you live far away, I’d wake you up.” I giggled as I continued playing with his hair.

“But I don’t wanna sleep, I wanna talk to my buddy that I haven‘t talked too in over a week.” He said, his voice getting tired. I instantly stopped stroking his hair and placed my hand back with my other underneath my head.

“So.. What do you want to talk about Gaskarth?” I asked curiously and he shrugged a little before chuckling.

“How olds the little guy?” He asked and I smiled at how much he talked about Jacob.

“He’s two, three next year.” I smiled happily and he grinned in response.

“When I have kids, I sure hope mine’s as cool as him.” He said, a soft laugh escaping his mouth as he looked over at the sleeping toddler. I looked too and he was still sleeping soundly in the middle of the floor. “He looks a hell of a lot like you.” He said and I laughed quietly as possible so I didn't wake Jacob.

“So I’ve been told.” I smiled. “Alex.. I need to tell you something.. As you’re the only person I t-trust..” I said, my words stuttering slightly at the end. It's so strange how I went from happily talking about Jacob, to my problems in less than two minutes.

“Go on..” He trailed off and I sighed softly as I chose my words.

“Wel-” Was what I got too before Alex’s phone started ringing. Ironic I thought to myself as he mimed an apology and answered his phone.

“Hey Mom.. Okay.. Yeah.. I’ll be there in a minute.. Bye.” Was all I heard from Alex’s end before he hung up. “I’m so sorry, my mother called.. She didn’t seem too good so I gotta go check see if she’s okay.. Will you tell me what you were going to say, tomorrow?” He asked and I nodded softly before standing up.

“Sure thing.” I said and gave him a tight hug goodbye.

“Bye, Ruby.” He said with a soft smile and kissed Jacobs head before leaving. I sighed yet again and laid back down on my comfy bed.