Status: I hope you like it, comment please :)

All at Once

Hospital Trip

~Emily's Point Of View~
When I awoke I found that I was laying weakly in a hospital bed, listening to Zane talking to the doctor. Nothing was really out of the ordinary besides the fact that I was in a hospital. Everything sill hurt, and everything But I still felt as though I was a captive. But right now I could be able to run, though something was stopping me. Was it the feeling I hold for Zane? Was I in love with this man? Have I fallen for the enemy?

“What happened?” The doctor questioned as he wrapped my frostbite in gauze. Zane’s eyes made contact with mine and I felt like I was going freeze up. He is going to be telling complete lies.

“We were arguing, and she left. I didn’t relies she wasn’t wearing shoes or a coat.” He explained. Turning back to watch me, waiting for me to agree with him. I nodded weakly, watching him to make sure that I am doing what he wanted me to do. He looked like he was afraid that I was going to say something that was going to get the both of us in trouble.

“What were you arguing about that made her so upset? If you don’t mind me asking.” The doctor asked. Zane flinched a little bit, quickly making up an answer.

“I’m moving.” Zane sighed. I honestly didn’t think that he would think up of an answer. I’m kind of proud of him for that. “She doesn’t want me to leave, but I really have no choice in the matter.” The doctor finished off wrapping my foot then pinned it the gauze so it wouldn‘t fall off. “How’s she going to fix up.”

“Fine, she’ll fix up fine.” He chuckled. “She doesn’t have horrible frostbite, it’ll be a little painful, but she won’t loose anything. Allergic to anything, Emily?”

“Penicillin.” I informed. Zane looked at me like I had slapped him in the face. Maybe I had forgot to tell him that I had some thing that I was allergic to.

“Oh, well then.” The doctor smirked. “I guess you’ll have to rely on the good old out of the bottle pain killers.” Zane looked like he was relieved that he wouldn’t have to pay for the big pain relievers. But I wasn’t to happy about that, I was scared that it is going to start hurting like hell. “I can’t do much for her. The most I could do was dress the frostbite. We’re lucky she doesn’t have hypothermia. She’ll be fine though. Just let her rest in bed, and tend to the frostbite and she’ll be fine.”

“I don’t have anything to pay for this, I have no clue what to do.” Zane informed shyly.

“I went through a bit of a rough patch though collage. I know how it feels to have no money, I understand. You won’t have to pay, I didn’t do much for her. Dressing wounds is easy work, its going to be fine. I’m sure you’ll land a good job for yourself. Just promise me that you’ll come back for this girl, if she did this because she was upset that you were leaving, imagine what she would do if you never came back.”

That made me think about what he just explained. What would I do if he left me? Would I go home? Have a normal future?

“Thank you.” Zane whispered, looking like he was thinking about the same thing I was.

After the doctor had left he picked me up and just about rushed me out of the hospital. It was like he was scared of it, like he never wanted to be here ever again.

When we made it outside I found myself shivering close to him and wishing I was closer to something warm. But his body heat would do for now, it might do for awhile actually. Do I really hold strong feelings for my kidnapper? This cannot me happening.

“Does it hurt?” He whispered, opening the truck carefully. I could tell her was trying really hard not to drop me.

“No, I’m fine.” My fingers almost clutching his shirt. It was beginning to feel like of awkward. “I promise.”

“Okay then we’re running. My brother will get me back on my feel then we’ll be fine again.” He promised.