Status: I hope you like it, comment please :)

All at Once

What Can I Do?

Zane’s Point Of View

Emily was fast asleep before long, looking as though she was in pain. This pain was my fault, and its not just about the frostbite its from the emotional things I have put her though. It is wearing her out, and will eventually break her down. I need to fix this, I need to show her that I feel for her in a way that I cannot help. I feel bad for admitting such feelings that could potently send her over the edge. But I cannot contain such a feeling as this, the fireworks in my heart a begging to burst out.

Once I turned into the parking lot of a Wes-Co gas station, she began tensing up. Mumbling things such as my name and then tossing and turning. Her soft whimpers began to turn into muffled screams.

My heart began to pound and I felt sick. What was going on in that little head of her? Was she having a nightmare about me killing her? Was she finding it hard to deal with her fears?

“Emily?” I unbuckled and leaned over to her, debating on wither or not to pull her into a hug. But I felt like she would find that odd and never want that to happen. “Wake up, stop screaming. Please don’t scream.” I leaned a bit closer, hoping that it looked like I was comforting her. Her eyes snapped open and began filling with tears. I resisted the urge to hug her close. “Shh, someone will hear you. What’s wrong?”

I found the tips of my fingers wiping away her tears, unable to stop myself. I still feel completely responsible, but what can I do about it? She will never trust me, she will never open up to me.

“Are you okay?” I questioned, concerned when she didn’t answer me. Her big blue eyes filling with more tear and her face showing how broken she truly was.

“No.” She whimpered, rubbing her hands up and down her arms absently mindedly. I could tell she was having trouble with the frostbite, so I did the first thing I thought of. The only thing I could really do to show compassion.

“I got you some pain killers and a water. Would you like some?” I had picked up the water and pain killers awhile back when she had just fallen asleep. I knew she would need them eventually. She nodded and sunk into the car seat deeper, looking completely depressed. How can I fix this?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, its really short because the chapter in How To Save A Life is mostly one of Emily's dreams. So, I couldn't add much. But X-Mas break is comming up soon so I sould be able to update alot. :)