He Says, She Says

She says

On Cat's cue I came back down the fire escape from the roof, she promised she could get his key and get him to leave. This only meant she was successful, I looked through the window cautiously before taking a step inside. "Get in here," she said, "he's gone I took care of it."

I made my way through the window and dragged myself over to the couch. I threw my head into my hands and let out, "why me?"

"Yes, poor Sidney," Cat said sarcastically as she approached me, "you know what I'd give for a guy to love me as much as he loves you?" She sat down next to me, "he's never going to give up on you, it's romantic, it's what most of us want and you have."

"The problem is I'm not fucking programmed to reciprocate that emotion," I said. I looked at her with a dash of anger in my eyes, "and why the hell are you all a sudden on his side, you're my best friend you're supposed to be on my side." I crossed my arms and turned away from her as if it had really bothered me that much.

She turned me around forcefully, "I am your best friend and I will always be on your side, but I can see things you can't." I looked at her unsure, "as much as I'd love that freeloader out of our lives, I know it's impossible because you do love him." I gave her an angry look and she put her hands up defensively, "let me explain." She sighed, "think about it, he's pretty much the only guy you keep in your life, your no better with guy friends than I am, but you made the extra effort with Anderson. Maybe you don't love him the way he loves you, but there is not doubt in my mind that I love him."

I bit my lip, "I loved our friendship." I looked at the door knowing he wasn't really all that far away. "Your right," I shrugged, "I don't want him out of my life, but I do want things back to normal. Platonic. When I could give him a friendly peck and have it mean absolutely nothing, when he would look at me the same way he looks at his guy friends, when we could both talk about our problems together. He was my only good platonic guy friend, he ruined it and I just want it all to go back to normal."

"Than go fix it," she stood up, "go over there and tell him what you want and I bet he'd be willing to let things go back to the way they were."

I looked at her blankly standing up as well, "you want me to confront my problem head on." She nodded her head and I laughed before retaking my seat, "how long have you known me? I don't do that."

"Well you're going to start," she grabbed my are and dragged me to the door persisting no matter how many times much I resisted. She pushed me out the door closed it and locked it real quick. She had practice she'd done this with many boyfriends. I banged on the door a few times and she yelled, "you're not getting in until you talk to him." I banged a few more times just because I'm extremely stubborn.

I jumped when I heard a voice behind me, "what's with all the banging?" I turned around to see Anderson trying to give a sincere smile as he leaned in his doorway.

I took a deep breath and walked by him. "Listen Anderson," I walked by him into his apartment, "we have to talk about this so hear me out before you say anything." I turned around and he shut the door behind him eyeing me suspiciously. "First I'm sorry I left like that you just shocked me and as far as my feelings on the matter I think they're clear. Normally I would just ignore your party until anything between us had died out no matter how long it takes, but I don't want to do that with you." He looked up with a glimmer of hope in his eyes. "I want things to go back to normal, I want to be able to talk to you about problems, I want you to be able to talk to me about problems and I want you to see me a one of the guys like you used to." I sighed taking a deep breath, "so just cut off this stupid lovey dovey romance crap and everything can go back to normal."

He looked at me unsure and then shook his head, "whatever you want Sid."

I was a little surprised at how easy it was but then just let a smile appear. "Alright well come on over," I made a motion to our apartment, "Cat's making something that smells awesome." He followed me in being quiet, it wasn't back to normal everything was still up in the air. I was just pretending it wasn't there and he was being peculiarly quiet to make sure nothing wrong slipped out. "Look," I jumped over to Cat, "I fixed it."

"No you didn't," she said looking between the two of us and stopping at me, "you talk for five minutes, probably all you listing demands, and then you say its alright." She shook her head and went back to whatever she was cooking, "come on Sid even you aren't that delusional."

"We are back to normal," I said and then looked at Anderson, "right?" he nodded his head and then I gave a stern look, "well don't just nod tell her."

"Yeah tell me Anderson," she laughed, "go ahead tell me what a pain in the ass Sidney's being and how you just want to wrap your arms around her and kiss her." I was never really sure what Cat thought about situations. She seemed to play every side at least once.

"No," he shook his head, "Sid's right, I'm done thinking about it, I just want to be friends nothing else."

"See," I said triumphantly taking my seat.

"Oh really," she walked over to Anderson and gave him a quick peck like we often would do. We were all very comfortable as friends, so it never really mattered, but I thought it'd be a while till we could get back to that. "I'd like to see you do that," she said, "I mean if you're over it, done thinking about it should be absolutely fine."

He bit his lip uncomfortably, but I was one never to back down from a challenge. "Of course we can," I walked up to him, "right," I nodded and he did the same, "it's just a friendly peck after all." We stood there a second.

"Then just do it already," she yelled impatiently.

I stood on my tip toes to reach him and carefully placed my lips on his to place the peck and it would have ended there if he didn't decide to do exactly what Cat said. He wrapped his arms around me forcing me closer and deepened the kiss. To which I bit his lip in return. "Did you just bite me," he said touching his lip.

"It's not much worse than what you did," I stood there angry, "friends don't kiss like that Anderson."

"What do you expect Sidney," he said, "I told you yesterday and those feelings are still running strong. You come over and tell me to stop and I was doing all I could to pretend. I'm just not as good at it as you are. I'd do anything to keep you in my life, but I can't sit here and pretend that I don't want you because I do." I looked at him, now myself unable to speak. I looked over at Cat who was nodding her head pleased, what game was she playing. "It's okay that you don't feel the same, but don't expect me to pretend it's not there Sidney, I...I," he struggled, "I can't just be friends with you anymore, I'm always going to want more." He walked out like that.

I looked at the door shocked and then at the still pleased looking Cat, "what are you smiling about was that your plan."

"Somewhat," she shrugged. I sat down in fury and she sat down next to me, "I know this is going to be hard, but push away all resent all your dislike to the situation and just concentrate on the kiss. Tell me Sidney how did that feel." I kept a cold look on my face even though the truth was it was amazing and I had to bite him to stop myself from giving in.

"Uh," I said getting up, "nothing special."