He Says, She Says

He says

"I'm not going to tell you," Cat kept yelling at me.

"Common tell me," I kept asking as if by pure irritation she would give in. And when that didn't work I decided to try something different, "well, where do you think Sid is?"

She looked at me shaking her head, "I already told you she's with Liz." As much as I'd love to walk in on that I don't, she can't stay there forever and the minute she comes through that door I would be on her. I needed to know what she knew. So I decided to stay up and I picked up several movies, but of course that only put me to sleep. It got really boring as soon as Cat decided that this was ridiculous and went to sleep herself. I gave out not to long after and woke up to the smell of breakfast. The bacon was sizzling and I think I smelled syrup.

I jumped up quickly, remembering why I was there in the first place. "Good afternoon sleeping beauty," Sidney said from the kitchen, "I thought you were going to sleep all day." I looked at her just standing there as if nothing was wrong.

"I think you have some explaining to do," I walked over to the table and she kept her eyes on the food, "where were you all night?"

She turned around and looked at me with raised eyebrows, "sorry dad, forgot I had a curfew, I was only at Lizzy's house." She laughed and then went into the cabinets to get utensils, "I haven't said that since high school."

Se brought the plates to the table and sat there taking a bite of her eggs and I just looked at her. "Are you seriously pretending this is nothing," I banged my fist on the table over dramatically. She looked at my fist and laughed a bit and then looked at my serious face with a completely lost expression. "Your song," she still had a blank expression, "the new one that Amber sang yesterday, the one about me."

"Oh," She said in sudden realization, "I can't believe she did that can you?" She looked at me and saw my blank expression and she leaned back confused, "what about it?"

"Who is she?" I practically yelled it and she started laughing.

"I don't know who your stupid mystery girl is," she said.

"What?"

"I don't know who your stu..."

"Yes you do," I said, "you were upset when Amber started playing the song and Cat said you know it."

"The song wasn't finished," she laughed, "I made up the entire scenario in my head and the last verse sucked. I tell Amber one thing and she does the opposite, wait another week and it would have been kick ass."

Now I was lost. I leaned back in my seat, "what about Cat."

"Cat doesn't know what she's saying half the time," she said digging back into her food.

It was silent for a while, I was chewing on a piece of bacon just thinking about what she was telling me. She started raveling off something that I wasn't paying attention to. She was lying, why else would she have left so quickly. She stood up to take her plate to the sink and I said, "wait, why did you leave in such a rush last night."

Sidney rolled her eyes, "Liz texted me 911." She dug into her back pocket for her phone and showed me the text that in fact said 911 and was from Liz.. "Can you believe her," she said frustrated, "you want to know what her stupid emergency was?" I said nothing because I knew either way she was going to tell us. "She found out I broke up with Henry," she started doing dishes which is something she only ever does when she's nervous or mad, "and she wants me to go home over break so that I can get back with my high school boyfriend, isn't that ridiculous." I nodded and turned around before continuing, "I'm glad you agree, because I can't spend all that time with Liz or my family so I am totally dragging you along with me."

"Oh I finally get to meet the infamous messed up family of Sidney Greene," I said excited.

She rolled her eyes, "yes one of many reasons I'm so excited to go, that and these stupid events that Liz is going to drag us to." She looked back, "speaking of which, she lent me a whole bunch of dresses. I need opinions, I don't want to pack them all."

She gave me her begging sad face, which thankfully when trying, she couldn't do. "Yeah," I stood up, "not going to happen."

"Wait one minute mister," she said and I stopped in my tracks, "I remember a certain deal not too long ago." I turned around and looked at her. She smirked and dropped the dish she was holding in the sink. "Let's see what was it," she pretended to think and then lit up, "oh yeah, I help you knock on random girls doors and you help me with my next wardrobe crisis."

"Fine," I said and she smiled pointing to my room. I thought she was following, but instead she hopped on her couch and turned on the TV. I looked back, she smiled and shoed me into her room. It wasn't hard to find the pile of dresses, it was huge.

"Just pick out the best five," she yelled from the living room.

I looked through the pile sorting it, I know she'd just get mad if I narrowed it down to the sluttiest dresses. She liked either classy or a rocker look, which don't really go well together, but she did. I tossed an ugly yellow dress to the no pile and looked at what seemed to be the tenth tight black dress, followed by yet another sequin dress. I tossed both in the maybe pile and the tossed a green dress in the no pile and came across it. It was red and all too familiar. I picked the dress up and just stared at it blankly, and then I walked out still stunned. "Sid," I said grabbing her attention, "what is this?" I held out the dress and she looked at me as if I were insane.

"That is a red dress, Anderson," she said sarcastically, "it's not really my type so it's a no pile, but if you really want to wear it, I think it would be lovely."

"Sid," I said in all seriousness, "where did you get this."

"From Liz," she said confused, "just like all the other dresses." I was just a little lost and she seemed somewhat concerned, "are you okay?"

"This is the dress," I said not able to articulate much.

"Really," she said, "out of the dresses in there this is the dress, this is the one you think I should wear."

"No," I said tossing it at her. She made a face and held it up to her and then tossed it aside. "That's the dress that she was wearing," I looked at her still lost, "the girl, the one from the party, this was her dress."

She started laughing, "so either this mystery is solved and you're in love with Liz, or we could explore the much more logical theory that there are several other dresses just like this one."

I took the dress back to examine it further and then upon finding it, I spoke, "see." She looked at me uncertain and I put the slight tear at the bottom of the dress to her face, "there was a tear right there."

She pushed it away, "Anderson, you are basing this on a tiny tear on a dress, that also happened to be worn by some random girl you made out with while you were drunk." I was about to speak, but she continued, "I'd like to stress the DRUNK."

"This is it," I held it up, "this is the dress."

"Fine," she said turning her attention back to the TV, "I hope you and Liz live happily ever after."